Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prop 8 and Christian Traditions

Go down 
+16
broms
Doomus
Secondary
Peanutbutter
Petrus
- Z -
Malaese
Galt
taldra
grak
Damacus
Amalgarashi
Kornak
Dimidréas
Shelarahn
Kamma
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:27 pm

- Z - wrote:
Preempting Shel's post:

There are dozens of examples in the animal world of species that exhibit homosexual relations. I'm not just talking "dominance games" or "pre-adolescent play." Full blown homosexual intercourse occurs. Otters, Dolphins, Wild Dogs, Monkeys, and Parrots are just some I can list off the top of my head. Google it.

There are also dozens of societies that not only practice homosexual relations, but have instituted the construct of marriage between people of the same sex, and have done so for THOUSANDS of years. Native Americans are famous for it, as were tribes in South America. India has a very similar custom, as do some of the Central Asian cultures. Pacific Islanders are big on reversing the masculine/feminine dichotomy of the traditional nuclear household, and African hieroglyphics allude to homosexual intercourse in religious rituals dating back for millenia.

The bunnies at the pet store next door rape each others faces when they're put together in the back room =X

Poor Bun-bun, YOU LEAVE HIM ALONE MR. BUN!
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:27 pm

- Z - wrote:
Goddamn forums ate my post... Evil or Very Mad

Short version: I'm surprised that the two of you are surprised. That is a fairly standard reaction from some religious groups. Hell, Damacus, you lived with Xeos for awhile and he shares the same viewpoint.

I wasn't suprised by the viewpoint but rather Shel equating someone committing a crime to someone "deciding" to be gay.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

Needs moar WoW Forums 26-page limits
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Honed wrote:
- Z - wrote:

Short version: I'm surprised that the two of you are surprised. That is a fairly standard reaction from some religious groups. Hell, Damacus, you lived with Xeos for awhile and he shares the same viewpoint.

I wasn't suprised by the viewpoint but rather Shel equating someone committing a crime to someone "deciding" to be gay.

Might have come out wrong, the point was, people make decisions based more on what they feel than the ramifications. So gay people WANT to be gay and don't care about the abuse.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:29 pm

Dimidréas wrote:
The bunnies at the pet store next door rape each others faces when they're put together in the back room =X

How... are you straight... ?

honed wrote:
While I don't believe he actually intended to make that literal translation, it would not surprise me if he saw them on the same level. The Church has considered homosexuality a sin/crime since it's existence pervaded the public consciousness.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Obamarahn wrote:
Honed wrote:
- Z - wrote:

Might have come out wrong, the point was, people make decisions based more on what they feel than the ramifications. So gay people WANT to be gay and don't care about the abuse.

Have you been gay before?
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:30 pm

Obamarahn wrote:
Never? That's just natural

so how does a person choose to be gay then?

And your answer as to why wasn't an answer so much as it was you dodging the question so let me ask this: why would someone choose to risk being ostracized by their family, friends, loved ones, and society as a whole?

- Z - wrote:

Who do you mean by "the two of you," I'm a little confused? If it's me I'd like to make it clear that I'm not really surprised at the reaction from some of our religious members. When Xeos and I lived together it was a year of awesome debauchery and the extent of conversation never really got much deeper than "dude our neighbors suck" or "fuck I think my g/f's pissed at me."

If it ever did I honestly don't recall. However, considering the amount of beer we went through that year I'm sure we may have grazed some more meaningful topics than booze, boobs, and boners (such as religion, gay rights, abortion, etc.) Either way, despite having different views on a lot of shit (which I pretty much assumed given our different backgrounds growing up, etc.) I still consider Xeos one of my better friends irl.

Oh, and let's not forget the incredible amounts of unprotected sex with underage illegal alien boys, too.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Bad question to ask Shelarahn but:

Did African-Americans being oppressed in the 1960's (or today for that matter) choose their skin color? No. Nor do homosexuals choose their orientation.
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:32 pm

Ah... good times. Why won't Xeos let ME tell the guild about any of that stuff?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Petrus wrote:

Did African-Americans being oppressed in the 1960's (or today for that matter) choose their skin color? No. Nor do homosexuals choose their orientation.

That's kind of a whole different ball game
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Petrus wrote:

this.

and what honed said too.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

Honed wrote:
Obamarahn wrote:
Honestly I've never given much thought to putting it in ANYONES butt, its an exit dude, not an entrance

Birds and bees talk incoming...

You see son, when a man loves a womens breasts or another mans snausage he sometimes gets extreme urges to unfurl his own penisetic banner and put it in their pooper. Sometimes in uncontrollabe moments of kinky fetish desire they will remove their penis and proceed to receive oral sex. This is what we call ass to mouth, which is only acceptable if the heat of the moment makes it so. The common household wife is known to be a strong opponent of this practice, leaving many a husband to live vicariously thru the honored men and women who provide adult erotic entertainment available in various media formats.

For a more explicit visual might I suggest www.putitintheirpooper.com.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:34 pm

- Z - wrote:
Ah... good times. Why won't Xeos let ME tell the guild about any of that stuff?

hahahaha because he doesn't want it coming back to haunt him?

he and I'll have to talk about some of the funnier moments sometime and I'll share the better shit that happened that year.

There was also a lot of bad too, but that's another story.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:34 pm

To all who have an actual interest in this topic, Google:

"Coming of Age in Samoa"

"Tearoom Trade"

Two fascinating case studies that have direct relation to this thread.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:35 pm

- Z - wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:

How... are you straight... ?

Because I was born with the desire to put it in wimminz vah-jay-jays.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm interested enough to check it out

BUT NOT UNTIL I NAP, DAMNIT
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:43 pm

Damacus wrote:

Damacus I finally looked at your avatar...I hate lolcats but that is amazing.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:44 pm

Honed wrote:
Damacus wrote:

Why u no haz luv fer lolcats! ?

>U,U<
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:45 pm

Honed wrote:
Damacus wrote:

tyty

I hate them too, but I saw this picture and had to have it mostly because I could see myself doing the same exact thing.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Xeos wrote:
That is where I have to disagree Galt. I want the atmosphere that my Family and I live in to be the closest thing that I can to what my moral values are, regardless of where those values come from. Just as I am sure you probably want the place you live to give people the right to marry because that is where your values are.

You seem to have this mixed up in your head. Gay marriage is allowing gay people the same rights you want. You are not any more entitled to rights than a gay person is. It is also not your right to impinge on others' right to enjoy the same freedom you do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:04 pm

Galt wrote:
Xeos wrote:
That is where I have to disagree Galt. I want the atmosphere that my Family and I live in to be the closest thing that I can to what my moral values are, regardless of where those values come from. Just as I am sure you probably want the place you live to give people the right to marry because that is where your values are.

You seem to have this mixed up in your head. Gay marriage is allowing gay people the same rights you want. You are not any more entitled to rights than a gay person is. It is also not your right to impinge on others' right to enjoy the same freedom you do.

Dammit you I was just typing something like this.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Obamarahn wrote:
Honestly I've never given much thought to putting it in ANYONES butt, its an exit dude, not an entrance

The mouth is an entrance so you are saying you're okay with putting it in a man's mouth?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 pm

Malaese wrote:
Obamarahn wrote:

The mouth is an entrance so you are saying you're okay with putting it in a man's mouth?

Only Secondary
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:33 pm

Galt wrote:
Xeos wrote:

It will be if we can get this law passed, it will change what the rights are.

Many things are wrong but are now socially acceptable and "legal" and so become more common. I don't want homosexuality to become any more frequent than it already is. I refuse to sit idly by and watch things happen that I know are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Prop 8 and Christian Traditions - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prop 8 and Christian Traditions
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next