HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Prop 8 and Christian Traditions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimidréas

avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:37 pm

Xeos wrote:

It will be if we can get this law passed, it will change what the rights are.

Many things are wrong but are now socially acceptable and "legal" and so become more common. I don't want homosexuality to become any more frequent than it already is. I refuse to sit idly by and watch things happen that I know are wrong.

How do you know it's wrong?
What facts are you in knowledge of that make this union between two people of the same sex wrong? Please be aware that opinions |= facts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:42 pm

How is anything determined to be right or wrong? Government? Religion? Social Acceptability? Right and Wrong are opinions and a matter of perspective. There are no facts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honed



Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:43 pm

Xeos wrote:
Galt wrote:
Xeos wrote:
That is where I have to disagree Galt. I want the atmosphere that my Family and I live in to be the closest thing that I can to what my moral values are, regardless of where those values come from. Just as I am sure you probably want the place you live to give people the right to marry because that is where your values are.

You seem to have this mixed up in your head. Gay marriage is allowing gay people the same rights you want. You are not any more entitled to rights than a gay person is. It is also not your right to impinge on others' right to enjoy the same freedom you do.

It will be if we can get this law passed, it will change what the rights are.

Many things are wrong but are now socially acceptable and "legal" and so become more common. I don't want homosexuality to become any more frequent than it already is. I refuse to sit idly by and watch things happen that I know are wrong.

Man this reminds me of a few instances in American history....I just can't seem to put my finger on them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:43 pm

Xeos wrote:
There are no facts.

Sure there are, I've got one right here.

I only click this thread so it'll stop telling me there are new threads in the off-topic forums.

_________________
Putting the Sensual back in Non Consensual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Secondary

avatar

Posts : 764
Join date : 2007-12-21
Age : 27
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 pm

Ichaerus wrote:

I only click this thread so it'll stop telling me there are new threads in the off-topic forums.

Amen faggot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honed



Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:45 pm

Xeos wrote:
How is anything determined to be right or wrong? Government? Religion? Social Acceptability? Right and Wrong are opinions and a matter of perspective. There are no facts.

Soooo because they believe in a different way of life they should not have the same rights as you or I?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:47 pm

Cannibals believe it is ok to eat people, you cool with that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Xeos wrote:
Cannibals believe it is ok to eat people, you cool with that?

If the person they are eating consents...yes very cool with it. Watch the strawman arguments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Honed



Posts : 225
Join date : 2008-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Xeos wrote:
Cannibals believe it is ok to eat people, you cool with that?

Does being gay have any affect on you or others in society? What are the real ramifications of someone being gay other than God told you it was bad?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taldra

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2008-06-06
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:50 pm

Xeos wrote:
Cannibals believe it is ok to eat people, you cool with that?

I hear that Cannibals are in this year
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimidréas

avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:52 pm

Xeos wrote:
How is anything determined to be right or wrong? Government? Religion? Social Acceptability? Right and Wrong are opinions and a matter of perspective. There are no facts.

There are plenty of facts that can make something either right or wrong.
Do you have none for homosexuality? Is it all based on personal opinion?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grak

avatar

Posts : 389
Join date : 2008-10-07
Age : 38
Location : Austin, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:55 pm

I seriously don't understand why you would vote for this proposition when it doesn't even affect you. You basically own your children, so expose them to what you want them to see and deprive them of what you don't. Is it that hard? Why you gotta beat down on what someone else wants to do because it might offend you? FYI, you don't have a right not to be offended.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 34
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Xeos wrote:
How is anything determined to be right or wrong? Government? Religion? Social Acceptability? Right and Wrong are opinions and a matter of perspective. There are no facts.

Are you seriously this dense? You do know what the constitution and bill of rights is and what their purpose is, don't you? You're acting like the term "rights" just fell out of the sky one day, I didn't know you were so foreign to what made our country what it is. Your ideas on this subject are un-American and hateful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:11 pm

Americans put in place the very mechanism which we are trying to use to change the constitution. There has been a number of times that the constitution has been changed. The very idea that we can vote to change how things are is the essence of that freedom of being an American. If I am so wrong, no one will vote Yes on Prop 8 and it will not pass. Election Day will show who is in the minority.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimidréas

avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:27 pm

Quote :
The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.

Majority means little to the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:30 pm

Dimidréas wrote:
Quote :
The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.

Majority means little to the truth.

True. If enough people believe the truth to be anti-gay marriage then what? There is no easy way to decide, that is why it is put up to a vote, majority rules.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimidréas

avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:31 pm

Xeos wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:
Quote :
The truth, of course, is that a billion falsehoods told a billion times by a billion people are still false.

Majority means little to the truth.

True. If enough people believe the truth to be anti-gay marriage then what? There is no easy way to decide, that is why it is put up to a vote, majority rules.

Then nothing. Majority rules doesn't not make right and wrong.
And still want to know what facts make homosexuality right / wrong.
Facts, not bigoted opinions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:32 pm

We are talking in circles here now Dimi. Following your logic, nothing is ever decided.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimidréas

avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Xeos wrote:
We are talking in circles here now Dimi. Following your logic, nothing is ever decided.

Not talking in circles I am asking a question that you seem reluctant to answer with anything aside from inane comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:39 pm

It's the brainwashing. When caught in an un-winnable argument, refer to scripted answers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomus

avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:42 pm

My main problem with Prop 8 is not the fact that it is going to allow gay marriage because even though I am against it, it is whatever. However, I do have a HUGE problem with them implimenting gay marriage teachings in the early education system. I DON'T want my kids in the future to be taught that is ok to marry gay just as much as it is to marry straight. Because in my opinion I think that SOME of the gay population is genetically gay, however I do believe a large portion of the gay population are people choosing to be gay because they feel more accepted as a gay person. They don't all feel the urge to marry or be with someone of the same sex by nature, but they want attention and want to feel accepted so they decide "HAY IM GAY NAO!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:43 pm

There is no answer to your question. Like I said before. Right and wrong, in this context, are always an opinion and a matter of perspective by the very definition of the word.

For example; Age of Consent. Is it wrong for someone over the age of 21 to have sex with a 14 year old? In some states, yes absolutely it is wrong, in others it is right. It depends on where you live and your cultures perspective on it. Opinions made into laws by voting.

PS. For all of you who like your girls real young, Idaho and Hawaii are legal at 14.


Last edited by Xeos on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:44 pm

Doomus wrote:
My main problem with Prop 8 is not the fact that it is going to allow gay marriage because even though I am against it, it is whatever. However, I do have a HUGE problem with them implimenting gay marriage teachings in the early education system. I DON'T want my kids in the future to be taught that is ok to marry gay just as much as it is to marry straight. Because in my opinion I think that SOME of the gay population is genetically gay, however I do believe a large portion of the gay population are people choosing to be gay because they feel more accepted as a gay person. They don't all feel the urge to marry or be with someone of the same sex by nature, but they want attention and want to feel accepted so they decide "HAY IM GAY NAO!"

That is part of it imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:45 pm

Malaese wrote:
It's the brainwashing. When caught in an un-winnable argument, refer to scripted answers.

I was typing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doomus

avatar

Posts : 58
Join date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:45 pm

I am in an agreement with Xeos there really is no facts here... you can't prove that it is right and ok for them to marry any more than we can prove that it is wrong however, based on our beliefs and social views we feel it is wrong and you don't. Hence why we vote on the matter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Prop 8 and Christian Traditions   

Back to top Go down
 
Prop 8 and Christian Traditions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Christian Devereux
» Round 2: Australian Grand Prix 2011 - Melbourne.
» Those who play Tf2 or interested in Tf2
» Dynaform 5.9.1
» Mid-America Christian University

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: