Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Prop 8 Thread

Go down 
+10
Honed
- Z -
Malaese
Dimidréas
Petrus
Kamma
Shelarahn
Galt
grak
Xeos
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 am

Prop 8 passes! Well it isnt final until all absentee/provisional are counted but still, yay. Unfortunately Malaese we still live under the golden rule, whoever has the gold makes the rules. As one side throws more money at it, the other side also has to throw more money at it and then it escalates to 70million. Which if I am not mistaken was the second most money spent in the elections this year, second only to the presidential.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:31 am

Furthering my belief that the majority of people are stupid.
GG prop 8... gg.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:39 am

I discussed this ballot measure with a wide variety of people at my school (which keep in mind is not remotely resemblant of the leftist bastion that is stereotypical on universities). The English are quite plainly shocked that the discussion is even on the table. This outcome is not just an upset to the fundamental principles of our constitution, but it is an upset to the fundamental values that all western democracies share.

I pray that its constitutionality will be tested.

Last edited by Kamma on Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:41 am

A great victory for the country is sobered by a sad (likely) defeat of civil rights.

I'll accept the ruling once it's final, but we should all realize (Xeos included) that the vote was going to be close and in the end whoever lost would continue their crusade, and it will probably continue that way until the US Supreme Court agrees to hear a case.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:44 am

Xeos wrote:
Prop 8 passes! Well it isnt final until all absentee/provisional are counted but still, yay. Unfortunately Malaese we still live under the golden rule, whoever has the gold makes the rules. As one side throws more money at it, the other side also has to throw more money at it and then it escalates to 70million. Which if I am not mistaken was the second most money spent in the elections this year, second only to the presidential.

It's a shame that Americans have crossed such a huge gap yesterday in the effort to end prejudices and bigotry and yet California has suceeded in creating another one. I'm ashamed to share a country with those who voted yes. You have dedicated yourselves to an injustice and it amazes me that even young people(who have grown up and been exposed to alternative ways of life) are still so blind.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:50 am

Congrats Xeos. I hope we are cool, I'm on your side now and welcome our new LDS overlords. Let's get inter-racial and inter-denominational marriage on the next ticket. Then we can get a "wedlock" baby license passed and when we win the baby wars we have secured our voting bloc.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 9:53 am

Malaese wrote:
Congrats Xeos. I hope we are cool, I'm on your side now and welcome our new LDS overlords. Let's get inter-racial and inter-denominational marriage on the next ticket. Then we can get a "wedlock" baby license passed and when we win the baby wars we have secured our voting bloc.

Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 Butthurtalertwi6
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:04 am

Honed wrote:
Xeos wrote:

It's a shame that Americans have crossed such a huge gap yesterday in the effort to end prejudices and bigotry and yet California has suceeded in creating another one. I'm ashamed to share a country with those who voted yes. You have dedicated yourselves to an injustice and it amazes me that even young people(who have grown up and been exposed to alternative ways of life) are still so blind.

couldn't have said it better honed

a big, heartfelt, genuine "fuck you" to anyone ignorant or bigoted enough to have voted yes
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:13 am

Thats right Malaese don't fight the man, join him! Joking aside, I truly beleive and have faith that the church is divinely inspired and will do what is right. So I support them.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:14 am

Xeos wrote:
Thats right Malaese don't fight the man, join him! Joking aside, I truly beleive and have faith that the church is divinely inspired and will do what is right. So I support them.

I think I shot you in Resident Evil 4 last night.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:15 am

All this has accomplished is the waste of more tax-payer money that will be required to hear the next court case overturning it.

News flash: democracy is not mob rule!
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:17 am

grak wrote:
All this has accomplished is the waste of more tax-payer money that will be required to hear the next court case overturning it.

Agreed, but I still lost a lot of faith in humanity.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:21 am

Xeos wrote:

Me too, Shela can make fun because he is the wrong denomination, but I've been inspired, I feel God's presence just like he says he does. Send me over a cute girl to teach me the faith and I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:35 am

Terrible trolling attempt is terrible
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:39 am

Ah how quick you are to wave off other people's experiences while expecting them to honor your's in other threads.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:40 am

Malaese wrote:
Ah how quick you are to wave off other people's experiences while expecting them to honor your's in other threads.

When ones "experiences" are coated in a layer of sarcasm...
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:44 am

Why is a troll with no bearing on the outcome of the vote complaining about... trolling?

Also, Obama winning is still the big victory. We BOTH know that in time Gay Marriage will be legal, but it may be another 5, 10, or even 40 years from now.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:46 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
Why is a troll with no bearing on the outcome of the vote complaining about... trolling?

I've always been a big fan of irony
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:46 am

Shelarahn wrote:

Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 Irony10
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:48 am

Dimidréas wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:

That's racist
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:

That's racist

Thought you might like it XD

/poke

/tease
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:10 am

So there is no mis-understanding I voted for Obama as well, not because I like his ideas but because McCain is an idiot and I would rather disagree with a smart president then follow a retard.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 11:12 am

There is hope for you yet, next its this whole constitutionality thing we need to cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:52 pm

Honed wrote:
grak wrote:

Agreed, but I still lost a lot of faith in humanity.

^
Back to top Go down
Reckface

Reckface

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:24 pm

I voted YES on Prop 8.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Prop 8 Thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next