Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Prop 8 Thread

Go down 
+10
Honed
- Z -
Malaese
Dimidréas
Petrus
Kamma
Shelarahn
Galt
grak
Xeos
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

Another Prop 8 Thread Empty
PostSubject: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:46 am

Found a good essay I wanted to share.

MS Word Essay
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 am

Congrats to the author: she's against marriage. That's not what Prop 8 proposes. You could just as easily use this to justify voting against Prop. 8 because it doesn't go far enough. Do you think that a proposition to ban marriage has a snowball's chance in hell of passing as a follow up proposal? The tax benefits alone are enough to get ME to shoot it down.

The challenge still stands: name one secular reason to oppose GAY marriage. I've never heard one.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:10 am

Another thread about an unconstitutional and hateful attack on American civil liberties. An attack not only wrong because of its aim but made worse with its hypocritical approach. Out of fear that their rights and beliefs would be compromised they want to compromise the rights and beliefs of others.

Grats on fail.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:39 am

Did you read it? It sounds like you read the first Paragraph and then jumped to conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:52 am

Good read. Makes a good point about the equal rights side of it. It we let gays marry, who next? A man and his goat?
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 10:55 am

Cause gay men = goats. I see the logic.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:01 am

Xeos wrote:
Did you read it? It sounds like you read the first Paragraph and then jumped to conclusions.

No, there is no argument that justifies the unconstitutional intrusion prop 8 presents.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am

Am I wrong in understanding that the point is made in the article that, in essence, gay marriage (and homosexuality) is unnatural and sick, so we should oppose it as strongly as we might oppose incestual marriage?
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:06 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Good read. Makes a good point about the equal rights side of it. It we let gays marry, who next? A man and his goat?

Did you just compare homosexuals to a man and a goat?
Really?

I mean.... really?

O.o
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:07 am

I can't even imagine....did you just like wake up and think this thread would go better for you than the last two?
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:08 am

Petrus wrote:
Am I wrong in understanding that the point is made in the article that, in essence, gay marriage (and homosexuality) is unnatural and sick, so we should oppose it as strongly as we might oppose incestual marriage?

You die instantly when you masturbate and you should be executed for working on Sundays too.

Last edited by Galt on Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:09 am

Fucking Christ, you liberals just see what you want, don't you? I am in no way comparing homosexuality to beastiality. I'm just saying, if gays wanted everyone to be truely equal, then they should also support polygamy, beastiality, and incestuous relationships.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:12 am

Don't forget robots, I'm definitely marrying my sex robot, Japan just needs stop being lazy and get it done.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:13 am

Another Prop 8 Thread MrUniverse

GOD MALAESE IF JAPAN CAN'T GET IT DONE FOR YOU MAKE ONE YOURSELF
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:14 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Fucking Christ, you liberals just see what you want, don't you? I am in no way comparing homosexuality to beastiality. I'm just saying, if gays wanted everyone to be truely equal, then they should also support polygamy, beastiality, and incestuous relationships.

What is it about them that makes it so one should be as equally included as the other if they are not comparable?

o.O
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:17 am

Well if they are really truly clambering for equal rights, then wouldn't it be selfish to just restrict the fight to themselves? Why leave out the goat and sister fuckers?
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 am

Yeah, might as well make murder legal and start selling crack in gas stations.

Don't pretend comparing it to bullshit gives your claims anything to stand on, because it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:23 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Well if they are really truly clambering for equal rights, then wouldn't it be selfish to just restrict the fight to themselves? Why leave out the goat and sister fuckers?

So then are these things, to your mind, comparable?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:26 am

Dimidréas wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:

Jesus Christ on a bike...

Other than they are all wrong, no
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:32 am

It must be nice going through the day not having to think about anything.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:33 am

Arguing: When all else fails, insult someone
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:37 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:

So then why would you include things like polygamy, beastiality and incest if they are not comparable to homosexuality? And why is it wrong?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:39 am

Dimidréas wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:

So then why would you include things like polygamy, beastiality and incest if they are not comparable to homosexuality? And why is it wrong?

I think you know why, I'm not going to say it outloud lest the Romans throw me to the lions.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:40 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Arguing: When all else fails, insult someone

While insulting someone isn't a very good way to purport a thought neither is making baseless generalisations : /
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 am

Insult? I was making an observation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Another Prop 8 Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Prop 8 Thread
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next