Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yes. We. Can.

Go down 
+13
Kamma
Damacus
grak
Galt
Malaese
Dimidréas
Rishana
Petrus
- Z -
Shelarahn
Secondary
Ichaerus
Peanutbutter
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamma

Kamma

Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 pm

Secondary wrote:
Obama wins.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:08 pm

Shel, go back to crying.

For the record, y'all, it's officially projected that Obama wins. WOOOO!
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:09 pm

Done dealy, roll up another philly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:10 pm

This can of cheap-ass Steel Reserve malt-liquor is for you Obama, you beautiful bastard you. *psssht* *chug*
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:14 pm

Go to cnn.com and watch the live feeds of the McCain party in Phoenix and the Obama party in Chicago. One looks like a soccer game and the other looks like a busy sunday at walmart. Lulz.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:15 pm

I guess my only solice is that it wasnt the historic land slide some thought it would be
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:22 pm

It looks like Obama is on track to greatly exceed 300 EV along with a nearly filibuster-proof senate majority. I'd count that as "landslide" in any meaningful definition of the word.

But if you mean by popular vote, yeah, it's yet another demonstration of how disparate the popular vote and the college vote can be.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:23 pm

Very classy concession speech from McCain.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:24 pm

The popular vote looks close now, but the big 3 just closed polls 24 minutes ago, expect it to shift.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 pm

It's over
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 pm

I'm expecting Obama's margin to expand over the next few hours.

Yes, McCain had a good speech. Clearly he had been crying or nearly so.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:34 pm

Honestly, McCain surprises me.

Had he run his campaign in the same tone he gave his concession speech, it is very possible the outcome of the election would be different. Seeing him now reminds me of the John McCain from 2000. The one I would have voted for.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:44 pm

Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 Shela10
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:53 pm

This thread just got epic.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 10:54 pm

Malaese wrote:
The popular vote looks close now
I dunno, its almost 4 mil and its been growing about a mil/30 minutes for the last 2 hours.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:04 am

...and yeah, cccombo breaker was the shit.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:09 am

Holy shit Combo Breaker just won this thread.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:11 am

In California, Prop 8 is passing with about 25% of the precincts in but the extremely populous (and anti-Cool areas of Los Angeles, Alameda, San Diego, San Francisco etc counties are highly underrepresented (10% or less) in returns so far.

Numbers are showing about about a ~54-~46 in favor but I'm optimistic the numbers will move as more liberal areas get their numbers in.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:12 am

Hopefully, prop8 is bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 am

Chain-refreshing the California Secretary of State's page shows Yes is ahead by 52.4% to 47.6% now with about 28% of the precincts reporting so yes, the margin continues to narrow.

The polls showed the prop failing by a small margin. Here's hoping that is realized!
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 12:37 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
Chain-refreshing the California Secretary of State's page shows Yes is ahead by 52.4% to 47.6% now with about 28% of the precincts reporting so yes, the margin continues to narrow.

The polls showed the prop failing by a small margin. Here's hoping that is realized!

hear hear!

fuck proposition 8.

saw a bumper sticker that I thought posed an interesting question to anyone who's voted yes on proposition 8: when are you going to let me vote on YOUR marriage?
Back to top Go down
Almagest

Almagest

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:20 am

Looks like Indiana has finally landed for Obama with a 1% margin. I know it didn't decide the victory, but, still, it gave Obama more than double the electoral votes of McCain, which I would consider a landslide, so, you're welcome.

Also, sucks on prop 8, but really I think this makes it so that the courts can't avoid hearing a case on the issue anymore, so I have faith that civil liberties will be restored in time.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 10:41 am

Yeah Indiana went for Obama in the end and Missouri went McCain. I heard both were considered slim McCain leads poll-wise, but that if Obama was going to take one it would be Missouri, so kudos to y'all in Indi. And the current total shows Obama with about a +5~+6 popular vote advantage and an incredibly expansive electoral map. I won't say "mandate" but I will say that if you can call the race at 8 PM (PST) when the western coast finishes up voting, it's a pretty clear indicator of "landslide."

And I agree with you that basically this means the federal high court can't push the issue back too much longer. Yes, marriage is a state issue but the argument will be that the Prop unconstitutionally changes the state constitution to conflict with the federal constitution.

In fact, I've already heard the SF Attorney General announced he will be filing the case in the likely event of Prop 8 to pass.

S'alright, I s'pose. I'm super stoked about Obama and I know that in due time the courts will overturn the error of the people's judgments, just as they did with segregation, women's rights, and civil rights.

But now it's time to celebrate Obama's victory! I have a co-worker (McCain supporter) who today when I showed up with my big grin and said, "Hi! How are ya?" responded with a pretty ugly look and said, "Fine. Whatever. I knew it was going to happen."

I can only say, lol, since C-C-C-Combo Breaker is taken.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 1:59 pm

I'm with you on being really really stoked about Obama winning. I called a friend of mine from a private number who's a McCain supporter to see how he's doing and as soon as I said hello he hung up on me.

areoheffel

what'd you guys think of prop 4, out of curiousity?
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 2:08 pm

Prop 4 is a mess on either side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes. We. Can.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: