Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yes. We. Can.

Go down 
+13
Kamma
Damacus
grak
Galt
Malaese
Dimidréas
Rishana
Petrus
- Z -
Shelarahn
Secondary
Ichaerus
Peanutbutter
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 Gp-cal10
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:00 pm

Kamma wrote:
Examine:

Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 Stoft-2004-debt-presidents

See my last sentence

And no Dimi, I'm not upset, I'm just tired of being the ONLY Conservative having to fight with someone whos only response is "lol ur fat GO OBAMA"

Last edited by Shelarahn on Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:01 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
So fuck you, Galt

Classy way to reinforce your points. Even though they hold as much water as sarah palin's panty hose its good to see you're at least trying. Well, trying to try, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Shelarahn wrote:

1. He busted the balls of the unions
2. His tax cuts are one of the causes of the '90s economy boom
3. He tried to kick people off disability who probably weren't really disabled
4. He fucking rolled the Commies
5. He made it illegal for people to hire fence hoppers

And for everything bad he did, he atleast had the balls to admit it. When asked about the national debt that rose during his presidency, he said "It was one of the biggest mistakes of my presidency."

1. The unions were fucked already. This began before him.
2. Wrong. The 90's economic boom was due to the combination of a reduction in the federal deficit which brought down long term interest rates (undoing Reagan's crowding out of investment) and rapid increases in productivity.
3. Ok.
4. The commies were fucking themselves over anyway. Hint: they were communist.
5. What a terrible thing to do.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Galt wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:
So fuck you, Galt

Classy way to reinforce your points. Even though they hold as much water as sarah palin's panty hose its good to see you're at least trying. Well, trying to try, at least.

How do they not hold water? He did amazing things that brought on great changes for this nation.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Rofl, the wahmbulance has a funny sound to it today.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:03 pm

[quote="Shelarahn"]
Kamma wrote:

See my last sentence

Regretting something does not make it ok. Reagan's debt is a gigantic burden on the US. That mistake alone outweighs anything he did positively on the domestic front.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Kamma wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:

1. He busted the balls of the unions
2. His tax cuts are one of the causes of the '90s economy boom
3. He tried to kick people off disability who probably weren't really disabled
4. He fucking rolled the Commies
5. He made it illegal for people to hire fence hoppers

And for everything bad he did, he atleast had the balls to admit it. When asked about the national debt that rose during his presidency, he said "It was one of the biggest mistakes of my presidency."

2. Wrong. The 90's economic boom was due to the combination of a reduction in the federal deficit which brought down long term interest rates (undoing Reagan's crowding out of investment) and rapid increases in productivity.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_25/b3888032_mz011.htm
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:05 pm

Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 2csdqp2
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Are you really going to make me tear that thing apart? Really? Like really?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:08 pm

Kamma wrote:
Are you really going to make me tear that thing apart? Really? Like really?

Yeah I realized after I linked that that I was in for a page of econobabble and pie charts
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:09 pm

Don't blame him, it was the first result on google.
Back to top Go down
Bakasuya

Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:10 pm

You'll notice I stay out of all politic discussions. But the "having the balls to admit what he did wrong" thing made me chuckle. Also.. arguing about economics with kamma is probably the equivalent of arguing about anything with tak, youre not gonna win. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:11 pm

Galt wrote:

3rd actually
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:22 pm

Let me correct myself. Long term interest rates actually rose up until '98 when they fell. This was largely due to the massively increased demand for capital due to the productivity shocks of the information revolution. Which means that IF the deficit hadn't been reduced they probably would have been even higher, blunting the successful investments of the 90's.

Really. What we are arguing is Reaganomics vs Rubinomics. See: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_25/b3888037_mz011.htm (Same issue that your silly article came from.).

Now, post summer/early fall of '08. I think the problem with over stimulation via deficit tax cutting is made self-evident by Bush.

Reaganomic deficit stimulation ALL-THE-FUCKING-TIME has been discredited as unsustainable.

Edit: Note, reaganomics is really just military-Keynesian policy during peace time on crack with JFK style tax cuts thrown in to boot. It is demand management at its worst. Pump up GDP in the bad times, and pump up GDP in the good times. Creates a good amount of debt, but makes you look real good in the short term (which is all politicians should rationally care about). It's OMG WTB MORE FREE LUNCH.

Guess what, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH.

EDIT2: L 2 FISCAL CONSERVATIVE. Noob.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:38 pm

OMG CHARTZ

Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 National-Debt-GDP

Hey hey, it's quiz time, cheers

Based on the above graphic. Which party has seen the largest DECREASE in the size of government.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Green party?
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:01 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
Galt wrote:

3rd actually

His Reagan talking points and quote were in order off the Wikipedia page too, but I figured you guys didn't need the help. I still have a positive feeling about Reagan (other than the spending), but maybe that is colored because he was the first President I can remember. I was 5 through 13? You can't argue his popularity and whether or not you want to fine pick the credit on things that happened during his term you still have to admit they happened during his term and in general the American public credits that to the president, good or bad. You can't really have it both ways, if you aren't going to mention Communism falling with Reagan then can you really mention the illegal police action in Iraq with W. It was going to happen anyway right? *wink*
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Malaese wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:
Galt wrote:

3rd actually

His Reagan talking points and quote were in order off the Wikipedia page too, but I figured you guys didn't need the help. I still have a positive feeling about Reagan (other than the spending), but maybe that is colored because he was the first President I can remember. I was 5 through 13? You can't argue his popularity and whether or not you want to fine pick the credit on things that happened during his term you still have to admit they happened during his term and in general the American public credits that to the president, good or bad. You can't really have it both ways, if you aren't going to mention Communism falling with Reagan then can you really mention the illegal police action in Iraq with W. It was going to happen anyway right? *wink*

Well considering I wasn't ALIVE when Reagan was president, I kind of have to read articles. Not too much first hand experience
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:22 pm

Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 Stfu
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 8:18 pm

Galt wrote:
Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 Stfu

hahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 7:54 am

Wise man once say:

It is better to be called a fool and remain silent than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 10:25 am

The Cup guy is good but that freaking dog is pure gold.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 am

Incidentally, I really do hope that Obama's fiscal policy will win some notoriety so the word "Obamanomics" will enter the english vernacular.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 12:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yes. We. Can.   Yes. We. Can. - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yes. We. Can.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: