Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WOTLK done?

Go down 
+6
Petrus
Galt
Peanutbutter
Amalgarashi
Vaslant
Malaese
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Malaese

Malaese

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:32 pm

http://www.twentyfifthnovember.com/

So they already beat everything? (keep in mind I know nothing, so maybe I'm reading wrong)
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Srsly? Wow. Does anyone else feel a patch coming on Tuesday? I can only imagine how much harder things may become for us once we get back to raiding. Thank you Europeans for showing Blizz that they did in fact miscalculate their abilities to keep things difficult.

Also, wtf is up with that "Voice of Reason" healer shield?! I assume that's a healing shield... but wtf is with nearly 8k armor and 221 Block? That's a bit OP, tbh.

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:29 am

i never even noticed socket bonus for t7 was 4 int.. awesome

oh and wtf they're done already?
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 3:04 am

The more things change, the more they remain the same.

Tank(s)
Healers
DPS while avoiding stuff

Not really sure what other mechanics Blizzard can offer at this point. Clearly they have that whole "pulling" mechanic in mind, but it's not like fights didn't have mobs that you had to pull into/away from the group. What else can they offer other than some new gimmick?
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:08 am

Also you will notice in the kill shots they are still wearing their lvl 70 gear.

Gear check, anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Malaese

Malaese

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:37 am

So there is just 1 raid dungeon Naxx 25? Wasn't it suppose to be the Kara of the expansion and then things got harder? Where's the SSC/TK dungeon?
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 12:21 pm

Quote :
3.1 -- the first major content patch of the expansion, which is already done according to Kaplan -- will release the Ulduar 10 and 25-person raid instances, with 3.2 containing that secret surprise raid instance, and 3.3 likely being the patch that introduces Icecrown Citadel.

From a news update on Curse gaming.
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Damacus

Damacus

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:19 pm

jesus christ that's funny
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 1:34 pm

Malaese wrote:
So there is just 1 raid dungeon Naxx 25? Wasn't it suppose to be the Kara of the expansion and then things got harder? Where's the SSC/TK dungeon?

There is regular 10 and heroic 25.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 pm

Petrus wrote:
Quote :
3.1 -- the first major content patch of the expansion, which is already done according to Kaplan -- will release the Ulduar 10 and 25-person raid instances, with 3.2 containing the Yogg'Saron raid instance, and 3.3 likely being the patch that introduces Icecrown Citadel.

From a news update on Curse gaming.

Fixed
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Malaese there's three raid dungeons right now, both with 10 and 25 (heroic) versions.

Naxx, Obsidian Sanctum (short Onyxia-type dungeon), and Nexus (where Malygos is located, and I think it may be a short dungeon, too). Nihilum/SK cleared all three on both 10 and 25-man versions.

People will just say stuff like "Well you already knew how to do Naxx and test server stuff figured out how to do the other two), which is probably true, but the new stuff coming up (Uldular, etc) will probably be on PTR too, and similarly beaten in short order.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 8:51 am

I don't really see how this is surprising at all.
It takes <35 hours to hit 80 from 70. Naxx has been around for years so there is no strategy to learn and it has been significantly undertuned to be the next Kara for entry level raiding.
It wasn't very hard in 10 man (we 2-3 shot most bosses, with some one shots) and I don't see 25 being all that more difficult, especially for a group of hardcore raiders such as them.
Malygos and Sartharion are each one encounter, the former having no trash.

Again, for them to clear these instances out so quickly is nothing surprising.
Throw in that these raids have no attunements to add in a few hours of extra filler and it's a given they'd have cleared it in a week.

The game will still offer plenty of challenges with the instances and encounters that are still to come and the current ones will be challenging to those newer to the game and currently gearing up.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 9:39 am

If the carrot is to easy to obtain, there is no need for people to seek higher tier guilds. People take the easiest path, if that path is staying their joke guild and pugging, it certainly changes the game mechanics. Player retention is a function of content difficulty. The quicker you beat content the quicker you face people turning back to ultra casual, they just wanted to see the fight a couple times. The longer it takes to beat content, the more burnout you face.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:16 am

Malaese wrote:
If the carrot is to easy to obtain, there is no need for people to seek higher tier guilds. People take the easiest path, if that path is staying their joke guild and pugging, it certainly changes the game mechanics. Player retention is a function of content difficulty. The quicker you beat content the quicker you face people turning back to ultra casual, they just wanted to see the fight a couple times. The longer it takes to beat content, the more burnout you face.

It's an old raid that they knew and two new boss encounters.
I guarantee you guilds will be struggling with full clears in Naxx for months, just like they did with Kara.
Hardcore raid guilds are always going to plow thru content.
And about the only thing Blizz didn't do was severely overtune the encounters for the first month or two to atrificially slow down hardcore raider progression.

/shrug
Back to top Go down
Honed

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:18 am

Dimidréas wrote:
Malaese wrote:

I guarantee you guilds will be struggling with full clears in Naxx for months, just like they did with Kara.
And about the only thing Blizz didn't do was severely overtune the encounters for the first month or two to atrificially slow down hardcore raider progression.

/shrug

Be carefull all, Dimi is actually a Blizzard employee in disguise...albeit a cute one!
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 10:27 am

Honed wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:
Malaese wrote:

/shrug

Be carefull all, Dimi is actually a Blizzard employee in disguise...albeit a cute one!

HA! Yeah right. I wouldn't be caught dead working for a game company. Not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOTLK done? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOTLK done?   WOTLK done? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOTLK done?
Page 1 of 1