Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Funkaspuck

[Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid   [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:33 pm

PVE Talent Spec
Feral - 0/47/14 - http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0ZxhGsfroeuioVxcz

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Funkaspuck
I realize I have a lot of things to upgrade and I am working on that.

Stats (Unbuffed)
-- REMOVE THE UNNECESSARY TEXT --
HP:10830(no form) - 14442(bear)

Bear
Armor:28278
Dodge:26.87
Expertise:6

Cat
AP:2988
Hit:32
Crit:32.35
Haste:0
Expertise:0

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor?
I do not.

A shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz?
I do not, but I will aquire them.

A fire resist set for Illidan?
Again, no, but I will get the gear needed progress.

What is your trinket set-up? Do you have the 2 minute PvP trinket? Do you need any obvious upgrades?
Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch and Violet Badge for tanking. Insignia of the Horde and Bladefist's Breath for PvP. I'm working on Commendation of Kael'Thas and Badge of Tenacity for tanking, and I need to get the epic PvP trinket.

Where are you from?
I'm stationed at Fort Riley, KS.

How old are you?
I am 22 years old.

Do you have a mic/headset for vent?
Yes I do.

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc?
XPerl and Omen. I'm open for advice on which addons would help me out.

Raid Experience
Karazhan
Gruul's Lair
Magtheridon's Lair
Zul'Aman

Guild History
TwoBitHorde

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times
Rules sound more than fair.

Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated here
I'm ready to raid whenever I'm needed.

Reason(s) for applying
I would like to see end game content and become a better player. My current guild seems to be content with running 10-mans forever.

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done
I love this game. Raid times seem very reasonable and I should be able to make most, if not all, of them(I'm enlisted in the Army, so training takes first priority. I go out to the field for extended periods of time a few times a year, and have to go shoot at the ranges once a month, etc.). I'm not an idiot. I haven't seen a lot of content that I wish I would have by now, but if you tell me I'm gonna be doing such and such, I'll do my research and do my best to succeed. I do my best to get along with everyone and I try to stay away from drama. I'm sure I'm not as good of a player as most of you, but wanting to improve is the reason I'm filling out this application.

If possible, please include a screenshot of your UI
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img512/1325/wowscrnshot100808181803zk9.jpg
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid   [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Funkaspuck wrote:
Violet Badge for tanking
Funkaspuck wrote:
Violet Badge for tanking
Funkaspuck wrote:
Violet Badge for tanking
Back to top Go down
Thop
Officer
Officer
Thop

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid   [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 7:13 pm

Thank you for your interest in our guild, and as a fellow military member (Air Force) I completely understand the need for a somewhat flexible schedule. Respectfully we're going to have to decline your application at the moment, but we will allow you to reapply later on pending some major improvements.

I ask that you take all criticism constructively because we're not trying make anyone look bad. We just want applicants to have optimal setups, and in most cases we help improve people in our application process.

To be very frank your gear is very far behind our current progression. I would suggest doing as many badge runs as possible to improve your bracers, boots, chest, cloak, neck, and belt. Also you may not know it, but with your mix of resilience gear in your tanking set you are way above the "soft cap" needed for tanking. The "soft cap" is approximately 2.6% critical hit chance reduction with SotF. You can obtain this with defense or resilience. Defense is optimal, but I find that some resilience pieces are ok to use when necessary. For example I'm short of hitting the soft cap with defense alone so I use pvp boots to push myself over the top. The fact that you are far over the cap suggests lack of theory-craft knowledge which makes me and other officers skeptical. Also you should know that the DPS hit cap for feral druids is 142 at the moment. It will change with the coming patch, but once again this shows either unwillingness to upgrade gear or lack of class knowledge.

Your spec isn't too far off, but you are missing a very key talent for DPS. Shredding attacks is very important for cat dps. Feral druids are valued for thier ability to dps when not needed as a tank. Some specs can differ slightly due to preference, but this talent is a must. I would suggest dropping points out of primal tenacity, because stuns and fears are rarely a major issue for a tank in high end raiding.

Lastly your some of your gems and enchants confuse me. The armor enchants to your gloves and boots are outshined by agility enchants here (especially with your low dodge %). Some enchants may vary on certain pieces due to gear. After hitting soft cap for a tanking you should gem purely for agility and stamina. After obtaining hit cap for cat gear you should gem and enchant purely for agility. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me in game. I am always happy to help a fellow feral druid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid   [Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Funkaspuck - Feral Druid
Page 1 of 1