Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock

Go down 
+6
PB
- Z -
Smolder
Amalgarashi
Shelarahn
Dimidréas
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

[Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:05 am

PVE Talent Spec
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warlock/talents.html?tal=0000000000000000000002050030133210100000000505000512230313030250

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Dimidr%C3%A9as

Stats (Unbuffed)

Off the top of my head, at work and half asleep so my mathing of the buffs armory shows is likely wrong.

HP: 9.5 ~ 11.5-12k fully raid buffed

CASTERS ONLY
Damage (appropriate schools): Shadow, pushing 1300. 1660'ish fully raid buffed.
Hit: Over cap. Need gear replacement to drop it down, as I have no gems / encs to remove.
Crit: 20+. 26-30'ish fully raid buffed.
Haste: <100

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor?
Jessir.

A shadow resist set for Mother Shahraz? (any pieces?)
Jep.

What is your trinket set-up? Do you need any obvious upgrades? (DST, HSH, etc?)
VST / ISC
Content with both.

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?)
The great land of Maple Sausage and bagged milk. Canadia-Eh!

How old are you?
Old enough to know better, you enough not to care.
That's 27 in your "human" years.

Do you have a mic/headset for vent?
Jessir.

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc?
Omen / DBM.
Locks are cereal biz. Super.

Raid Experience
Full clears: SSC / TK / MH / BT, though BT was 8/9 w~ Narcism. Illidan fight was with US.

Guild History
Hordecore ~ Progression broke down after months of attendance issues.
Narcism ~ See above.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times
Jep-jep, though I am not looking to become a full time raider at this time. I have spoken with a good friend in DD who made mention that I would likely still be welcomed into DD. I'll give a more in depth explanation of my intentions in the final question below.

Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated here
My best friends wedding is this weekend. Friday evening is the rehersal so I will likely not be around. Aside from that I am always willing to help out.

Reason(s) for applying
Narcism has been Dimis home since late January of this year. We pushed thru from starting in SSC / TK begining early Feb and made it to 5/5 MH ~ 8/9 BT with a core of roughly 15 or so raiders and a revolving door of other players coming into the guild and failing to provide proper attendance or having to quit / cut back on raiding due to r/l issues. During that time there were many ups and downs as far as morale goes but the core stuck together and the efforts put forth by them were something really outstanding in my eyes. I missed approx 3 raids during those 7 months, not including our last week of raiding which was just much to disappointing in knowing that our progression had very likely come to an end.

At this time, I am fairly done with progression raiding for a couple of reasons.
For one, my work schedule has always occupied a significant amount of my time. During those months it was very common for me to be working 6-7 days a week, sometimes for weeks on end. Regardless, I still dedicated myself to being ready and there for every bloody raid, even on days where I would've just rather relaxed and went fishing =p

Another is that Wrath is just around the corner. Not to say the old "it's pointless to gear up, etc" line, but rather that when Wrath goes live I know very well that I will be spending grossly unhealthy amounts of time in game leveling, seeing the new sites and running the new instances ^^
Overall I would just really enjoy a break from playing WoW excessively to alot more time for other games (getting to know my Xbox again XD), spending time with the wifey and such.

I still do play WoW though I have really cut back on my current play time.
After having leveled half a dozen toons to 70, questing, instancing and raiding 'til my eyes bleed it's very nice to just sit back and relax >^,^<

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done
The main reason I am app'ing to DD is in preparation for Wrath.
I dearly enjoyed my time with Narcism and the people who shared the guild name.
Many of them have moved on to new guilds in light of our cessation to progressively raid. Those people are never coming back. They are building new friendships and finding new homes within WoW and I am very understanding and realistic in this regard.
I have stuck around for a few weeks to see how things are panning out before making a final decision, weighing my options, thinking about what it is I want to do next in this game. And now I have made that decision.

I wish to relax for the remainder of this expansion, as stated above.
But, I know that when Wrath comes around I would also like to get back into the swing of things. My performance is something I strive to excel at, my attitude is a fair and respectful one (save on the WoW forums when trolling trolls XD) and my dedication and loyalties are unwaivering to those who matter.
I would like to be amongst a familiar face or two in a guild that has shown it is worth being loyal to. To a guild that shares similar morals.

Currently I am willing to help out as available but make no misrepresentations of my current playing style. My gear is on par for the majority of DDs progressive content (2xT6, would prefer 4xT6 for SWP) and my knowledge of all fights in MH / BT are an asset to the guild should times arise when a DPS slot needs to be filled. I would be more than glad to help out from time to time. There's is little I desire in terms of loot, especially with the new Xpac on the horizon, and I do not mind passing on gear to help other, more dedicated members.

All in all there is little to lose in accepting my application, as I desire little from the guild other than getting to know your members, helping out said members where possible and looking forward to building a strong foundation to carry thru with me into Wrath, where there can be a strong community helping each other out and getting ready for the next big challenges that we shall face.

If there are any questions, concerns or comments that any of you wish to convey unto myself please feel free to post them. I am at work all day today (Monday 22nd) and likely tomorrow aswell.
It would please me greatly to answer anything further that you may wish to know.

My humblest regards and well wishes for you and yours on this, a wonderful day (except for the jackasses in the bloody parking lot laying asphalt... gd that shit friggen stanks X_@)

~Dimi
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:42 am

Legit
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:50 am

Primary wrote:
Legit

2 legit 2 quit stuck in my head now.
Thanks... ass >=(
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 9:59 am

he has ToC, wont roll on zhardoom... welcome aboard imo.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:04 am

Amalgarashi wrote:
he has ToC, wont roll on zhardoom... welcome aboard imo.

Hehe. As stated, I don't have any desire for loot. Just looking to get to know new peeps in a solid guild and looking forward to doing things together in Wrath while helping out where I can, progression or otherwise, in a casual ~ sideline manner 'til then.
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:12 am

Quote :
Today at 7:59 am
Quote :
Today at 8:04 am
f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5

by the way, why do you have so much random t6 equiv. gear but only 1pc t6?

Quote :
we're already met our quota for canadians.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 10:28 am

Amalgarashi wrote:
Quote :
Today at 7:59 am
Quote :
Today at 8:04 am
f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5f5

by the way, why do you have so much random t6 equiv. gear but only 1pc t6?

Quote :
we're already met our quota for canadians.

Getting paid right now and it's pretty slow >^,^<
Play a turn in Age of Empires, come back and refresh this and the thread I'm following on the WoW gen forums XD

I have 2xT6. T6 isn't as good DPS-wise until you get 4 piece bonus. Most of the time I would just pass on T6 stuff so that our other raiders could gear up. I had a tendency to lead DPS and doubly be threat capped / holding back. I was aiming to acquire 4xT6 for the bonus when others filled in their T6 but only managed 2xT6 before our progression came to a halt. There are a few pieces that I would've like to replace due to being overhit-cap'd, but sadly the opportunity never arose to do so.

And lastly, I call shenanigans. You can NEVER have to many can00ks.
Especially the dead-sexeh ones >^,~<
Back to top Go down
Smolder

Smolder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:52 pm

kawaii desu~!! >^.^<
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 12:52 pm

RE: your OP

Sounds like a pretty solid plan. Your app looks pretty solid, and I can almost guarantee you a welcome aboard (can you make yourself available this Tuesday at around 6:30 by any chance?). That being said, I hope you don't mind if I critique your app as if WotLK was never announced. I apparently have nothing better to do with my time...

Your talent spec looks fine (Shadowbolt cannons are allowed so much variability, /eyeroll) but I was curious as to why you dropped a total of 5 points in Improved Searing Pain and Improved Immolate. Cataclysm is just chilling in T1 screaming, "take me!" What's up?

As far as your gear goes, your spell damage is overkill. Seriously. Why the lack of haste? Regardless of whatever anyone else says or thinks, I fully intend on teabagging Brutallus (though perhaps not literally) before the expansion. That means we need everyone in top form. Your ilevel is fine for that level of content, really. The crit strike gems in your Hood of Hexing and Belt of Blasting are a huge "no-no." I would consider swapping out most, if not all of your gems for haste and damage/haste gems. If you have any specific questions, feel free to talk to Scrubdaddy or myself in game.

Continuing on the topic of gear, you can easily (as you yourself stated, you are over the hit cap) swap out your Focused Mana Bindings for some Bracers of Nimble Thought. That should provide a significant DPS boost. If you have the time or honor to spare both the Season 4 Subjugation necklace (15.3k honor) and the Loop of Cursed Bones (ZA - Zul'jin) are substantial upgrades over your current pendant. I also highly recommend finding a different trinket than the VST. Even Quagmirran's eye does more DPS. I'm sure a Hex Shrunken Head or Skull of Gul'dan wouldn't hurt either. tongue

All in all, you seemed like a pretty solid guy (you didn't wipe us in Gruul's!) and I look forward to talking to you more. I will be gone all today and Wednesday, but aside from that you should be able to get a hold of me at all hours throughout the week.

P.S.- Oh sweet Baby Raptor Jesus, you have Boar's Speed. Brb, driving home so I can ginvite.

P.P.S.- Uh, weird Japanese (I think?) faces are... weird.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:21 pm

I have two questions for you:

1) You said you have your best friend's wedding this weekend. Is there going to be some semi-hilarious plot about trying to derail the wedding so that your best friend will marry you instead, even though he/she doesn't realize you are in love with him/her?

2) You have been in Narcism for a while. What's your take on Hustla?
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 1:56 pm

- Z - wrote:
RE: your OP

Sounds like a pretty solid plan. Your app looks pretty solid, and I can almost guarantee you a welcome aboard (can you make yourself available this Tuesday at around 6:30 by any chance?). That being said, I hope you don't mind if I critique your app as if WotLK was never announced. I apparently have nothing better to do with my time...

Constructive criticism is always a good thing. I am not the best nor the most knowledgeable player and while I try to educate myself on the inner workings of lock dps there will always be something I had missed ~ not thought of. You comments are most welcome >^,~<

Quote :

Your talent spec looks fine (Shadowbolt cannons are allowed so much variability, /eyeroll) but I was curious as to why you dropped a total of 5 points in Improved Searing Pain and Improved Immolate. Cataclysm is just chilling in T1 screaming, "take me!" What's up?

Imp. SP is something I've spec'd mainly for the ranged mobs in MH (Frostwyrms, Gargs) and the trash mobs before Supremus (ranged dragon riders). In that regard, I am a dirty, dirty aggro whore who eats up keeping them off the tanks *^_^* And healers too I guess <_<
Also I'm a dirty dmg meter padder when it comes to SPain'ing the last 1-3% of trash mobs in general XD

Quote :

As far as your gear goes, your spell damage is overkill. Seriously. Why the lack of haste? Regardless of whatever anyone else says or thinks, I fully intend on teabagging Brutallus (though perhaps not literally) before the expansion. That means we need everyone in top form. Your ilevel is fine for that level of content, really. The crit strike gems in your Hood of Hexing and Belt of Blasting are a huge "no-no." I would consider swapping out most, if not all of your gems for haste and damage/haste gems. If you have any specific questions, feel free to talk to Scrubdaddy or myself in game.

Lack of haste again comes down to always being top 3 DPS, often #1 and having to hold back early on in fights due to aggro. I've dumped at 80k/100k threat and caught the tank before. It was a consideration I would've given had I gotten 4xT6 and if we had moved into SWP, but the general feel I had of our raid was that after killing Illidan raids would've slowed down alot. I had little incentive to drop the umptine thousands of gold worth of epic gems it would've cost to focus on haste.
The Crit / dmg gems in BoB and the Hex hood were the best DPS gems I could get into them, barring Haste / dmg. Forgoing the Set bonuses of +4 and +5 spell dmg I would actually lose a bit of DPS with +9 spl dmg gems. For the 300g+ (at the time) epic +12 spl dmg gems the increase in dps was extremely negligible between 2-3 spl dmg (hood / BoB) or the +4 spell crit.

Quote :

Continuing on the topic of gear, you can easily (as you yourself stated, you are over the hit cap) swap out your Focused Mana Bindings for some Bracers of Nimble Thought. That should provide a significant DPS boost. If you have the time or honor to spare both the Season 4 Subjugation necklace (15.3k honor) and the Loop of Cursed Bones (ZA - Zul'jin) are substantial upgrades over your current pendant. I also highly recommend finding a different trinket than the VST. Even Quagmirran's eye does more DPS. I'm sure a Hex Shrunken Head or Skull of Gul'dan wouldn't hurt either. tongue

I was looking for drops to replace Belt/Boots of blasting but never really found anything in our runs.
As for the Nimble bracers, I have the pattern but again, being threat capped and providing sufficient DPS I saw little reason to drop the 800+g for mats at the time when HoDs were 400g+ and the guild HoDs being reserved for SR sets. When the guild opened up HoDs for items other than SR it was early / mid August and I saw little reason to rework my gear set for haste.
The neck I could've replaced when S4 came out but tbh I had not even looked at the PvP honor rewards and was unaware that there was an upgrade there, though regardless it would've again come down to a complete overhaul in my gear to focus on Haste. Quaggs never dropped and is of the haste concern again.

I was planning on rolling on SoGuldan if we managed to down Illi, sadly we did not and I only downed him once in a raid with US members. And my luck with the shruken head has not been good, for I agree that it is a very nice upgrade ='(

I've not been one to cheap out on my gearing and enchanting. I've regemmed and re-enchanted my gear in the past, had a Soulfrost put on me Magus Blade and did he same within 10 mins of receiving the ToC. But I have 3 70's here on Gorg, got them each their epic flyers, helped my wife's priest get her 70 epic healing tailor set, helped her with her epic flyer and have raided 3 nights a week since Jan., using full consumables and pots everytime. Progression raiding is a very costly undertaking and one which I gladly paid out the ass for. But when you see little light at the end of the tunnel in terms of further progression raiding one must ask himself if it's worth the few thousand to redo your gear when you are already performing at a very acceptable level.

For me, it simply was not. I've actually gone from being broke again and again to maintaining a decent little nest egg for when wrath comes out (peanuts really to what some players have amassed).

Quote :

All in all, you seemed like a pretty solid guy (you didn't wipe us in Gruul's!) and I look forward to talking to you more. I will be gone all today and Wednesday, but aside from that you should be able to get a hold of me at all hours throughout the week.

P.S.- Oh sweet Baby Raptor Jesus, you have Boar's Speed. Brb, driving home so I can ginvite.

P.P.S.- Uh, weird Japanese (I think?) faces are... weird.

I thank you for having me at the gruuls, grubby PvP spec and all hehe.
Fumbling all over my keyboard trying to remember affliction-type rotations and shit was fun XD
And the Boar's was a gift from a friend to replace the Cat's swiftness I had. Tried to argue that I really like Kitties, meow'd, purr'd and everything but he would have none of it >U,U<
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:00 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:

1) You said you have your best friend's wedding this weekend. Is there going to be some semi-hilarious plot about trying to derail the wedding so that your best friend will marry you instead, even though he/she doesn't realize you are in love with him/her?

1) No. Though I plan on getting beligerently drunk and may start to recount the "Just couldn't stop walking; 4-string, we love you anyways..", "Flaky to head smoosh w/ incessent, drunken laughter" or the "Physics defied: Jumps from 7 foot fence, lands knees first in the mud (white jeans ftmfl)" stories from the days of old in highschool to the audience containing 3 people at best that might know what the fuck I'm talking about. If you knew David Muller, you would understand and feel our pain.
IT'S MULLER TIME!

2) Bum darts. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:

I lol'ed
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 pm

In other news, Honed is a terrible person for posting in the application thread of someone not named Honed. I saw you were the latest post in this forum and got very excited.

Bad.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 2:57 pm

Honed wrote:

I lol'ed

^---- Hustlas running mate for 2's in Bumdarts.

/shudders
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Dimidréas wrote:
Honed wrote:

I lol'ed

^---- Hustlas running mate for 2's in Bumdarts.

/shudders

Another game that originated in Canada eh Dimi? Razz

/love Dimi
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:20 pm

I don't think I want to know.
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:21 pm

tl;dr plz
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Secondary wrote:
tl;dr plz

My ballz. I has them. U needz them.
/ginv plx

*Mew*mew!~

>^,~<
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:39 pm

Dimidréas wrote:
*Mew*mew!~

>^,~<

That is actually quite frightening.
Back to top Go down
Smolder

Smolder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:41 pm

to say the least, I'm a little discomforted.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 3:53 pm

- Z - wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:
*Mew*mew!~

>^,~<

That is actually quite frightening.

Sillybum, that's cause you don't know me else you'd see plenty worse than that *^_^*
Ask Hustla 'b00t mah raid macros next time one of yas gets the chance >|D
Back to top Go down
Sarafain

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 4:52 pm

Dimi's a solid player and good guy, but he's Canadian so that really goes without saying. Raided all of T5 content and alot of the T4 with him in my group... Maybe he'll offset the trend that I've been seeing for the last week. I still need to see some concrete proof that it's my fault.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 7:17 pm

Sarafain wrote:
Maybe he'll offset the trend that I've been setting for the last week.

fixed
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2008 7:19 pm

rofl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock   [Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Dimidréas ~ Destro Lock
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next