Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cuppy

[Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock Empty
PostSubject: [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock   [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:01 pm

PVE Talent Spec
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVMriMfzVtfobxZxx0z

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Cuppy

Stats (Unbuffed)
HP: 9940
MP: 8185

Damage (appropriate schools): Shadow (Unbuffed) 1014
Hit: 39
Crit: 90

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor?
Unfortunately not..

A shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz? (any pieces?)
None too, but willing to make them :>

What is your trinket set-up? Do you have the 2 minute PvP trinket? Do you need any obvious upgrades? (DST, HSH, etc?)
Yep, I have the PvP trinket. I'm currently using the badge Icon and the Crusades trinket.

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?)
Australia. Yep, I believe I do.

How old are you?

Do you have a mic/headset for vent?
Yep, I do.

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc?
Grid - Yep
XPerl - Yep
PallyPower - Nope
Not sure if it counts but I have Necrosis that helps me keep track of my dots.

Raid Experience
Only had the opportunity to go up to Hydross/Lurker in SSC and VR in TK

Guild History
My last (and only) guild here was Random. I left because I had to take a break for Uni and when I came back, everyone I knew in the guild had more or less left WoW, so I packed up too. This happened about 2 months (or more) ago.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times
The rules are fine and I can make the Friday and Tuesday times Smile

Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated here
I'm not too sure what this means but I'm assuming it's asking if I'm ready to join in the next raid. I'm still farming the badges to replace my PvP gears, but yea I am ready otherwise. Oh, I'm replacing the gems on my headgear.

Reason(s) for applying
I'm not sure if my old guild is still raiding and it's been a long time since I was last there and I thought I'd start anew, since all my friends have left. I know my gear isn't up to scratch, but I believe that I can follow instructions and play my class well enough to fit in. If not, I do keep an open mind toward criticisms :>

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done
Dots dots and more dots! Plus I give good CoE! But seriously, I think I'll be a flexible and fun addition to the guild.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by Cuppy on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock   [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:35 pm

First few things that I notice on a quick pass:

1. You're not destro, but the gear doesn't support it, so that's alright
2. Your spec is 43/7/11, which isn't one of 42/0/19 (classic raiding affliction), 43/3/15 (UA raid support), or 38/2/21 (Ruin raid support)
3. Your hit is really low (even for affliction)
4. You didn't spell anything atrociously wrong
5. We have a distinct lack of Australians lately
6. I need to look over your armory more when I have time
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Cuppy

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock   [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:52 pm

Yea, always wanted to be destruction but never had the gear for it and I agree with the spell hit being too low. As for the build, I'm willing to change it :>

Thanks for the comments, btw!
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock   [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:53 pm

Thank you for your application and interest in our guild. First thing first...

Petrus wrote:
First few things that I notice on a quick pass:

1. You're not destro, but the gear doesn't support it, so that's alright
2. Your spec is 43/7/11, which isn't one of 42/0/19 (classic raiding affliction), 43/3/15 (UA raid support), or 38/2/21 (Ruin raid support)
3. Your hit is really low
4. You didn't spell anything atrociously wrong
5. We have a distinct lack of Australians lately
6. I need to look over your armory more when I have time

Petrus, no.

Second, while we appreciate the effort, we are going to have to respectfully decline your application for a number of reasons. First and foremost being gear discrepancy. While it is true we are moving on to WotLK soon, we are still primarily looking for players who have extensive raiding experience. While gear is the last thing I tend to care about, your lack of it shows a vast discrepancy between your raiding experience and our expectations (you do realize we are in SWP?).

Now, I can't really give an accurate critique of your armory since you are clearly sporting a mix of PvE and PvP gear. The T4 two piece set bonus is not as bad as some, but it is still T4. I have no idea what you are doing with your gems, as Affliction (which won't be viable for raiding until 3.0) you should gem for pure +damage to the exclusion of all else. Get the 14 sp 2% int meta. You lack proper enchants on your gear (head and boots have none, get a glyph and boar's speed, FSW boots will last you awhile) and you don't really seem to have a gear "plan" behind your character. Extremely low hit is fine for now, except you don't have suppression. It will be changed to 3% next week, so work on getting spell hit gear.

As far as your spec goes, it is quite clear you are unaware of how a proper raiding affliction warlock looks. Before I tell you how to spec, I want to mention that I don't care what anyone says, SM/Ruin is a completely shit garbage build. Don't ever use it. Now, as I said before you do not have Suppression (the only way you can dodge having low hit). Fel Concentration and Imp CoA are completely worthless for raiding outside of tier filler (which should be minimalized, also 99% of the time you will be casting CoE, CoR, or CoD, never CoA). Taking Imp Howl of Terror is also a complete waste of points for raiding, as is Demonic Embrace (unless you are deep Demonology or Destro Sac) and Shadowburn. If I were to ever raid as Affliction (which is really only viable through Karazhan) I would use this spec.

I am sorry if I came across as a bit harsh, I hope some of my comments help improve your character and playstyle. I highly recommend looking up helpful Warlock websites such as elitistjerks and the warlock den. Feel free to look us up in WotLK, and best of luck to you in the interim.
Back to top Go down
Cuppy

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock   [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 1:01 pm

That's fine, thanks for taking the time to read and the advice Smile Good luck to you guys too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock   [Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Declined] Cuppy - Affliction Lock
Page 1 of 1