Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood

Go down 
+8
Xeos
Shelarahn
Honed
Ichaerus
Petrus
- Z -
Scrubdaddy
Sarafain
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sarafain

[Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Armory as always is screwed for me sorry

I used most of the time during raids

HP: 8.5k give or take
Damage Healing:1308 unbuffed
Mp5: 120ish
Hit: 155, 3 over cap without a gem ftl
Crit: 23ish
Haste: 67

- I have The Medallion of Karabor and a full shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz.
- I use the alchy dmg trinket and the badge one.
- I'm from Canada and as long and though you hear it like aboot, i'm really saying about.
- I'm old enough that if I was a chick I wouldn't have to answer that question
- Really do people play without a mic still, questions gotta be out-dated.
- I used Omen2 for my threat meter but can adjust easy to what you guys are using, have DBM.. and I dont' think the rest matter

Raid Experience
Pre-BC - a little AQ 20 and ZG, minor MC

Guild History
Hordecore - Guild never really progressed and eventually ended up disbanning
Narcism - Guild was 5/5 MH and 8/9 BT but is having terrible attendance issues with patch/xpac inc.

As for the "acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times" it's nothing someone who actually wants to raid and is willing to work for should have a problem with, and if I'm in I can adjust my work schedule, as it's shift work so can't promise to be at the next raid till I know.

Reason(s) for applying --> Blame Scrubdaddy he told me to, though I'm looking to continue progressing through end game content and though Narcisms is a solid bunch people the patch/xpac has caused a stop in progression

I know the fights and read up/watch vid's of the ones I don't. Though I'm sure DD has others that have it I'm pot spec alchy with most BC recipes (if not all) and an enchanter though I don't have to many rarer recipes; as well I'm one of those geeks who maxed cooking. I'm kinda a smart ass, but only when it's funny, though I'm not gonna !#@% around in a raid and waste 24 peoples time. I've been boomkin since before the outbreak of boomkins (wtf is that all about?), so I know my toon. Anything else send me a tell in game or mail, Scrub should know all my toons
Back to top Go down
Scrubdaddy

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:35 pm

*VOUCH*

damn good boomkin, knows his class, and all the specs for it. and has the gear to prove it. Always prepared and he DOES know all fights. gtfi now

ps http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Sarafain
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:57 am

Hello and thank you for your interest in our guild!

So, I've been talking to Scrubdaddy, and he says you're something of a haste-o-phobe. Well, consider me the High Priest of the Church 'o Haste. But more on that in a minute... First, to answer some of your questions:

It is unfortunate, but we do get some applicants who think they can sneak by without using a microphone. As far as mods go, Omen2 is fine (that's what we use), but I did notice you neglected to mention Grid or any other kind of Raid UI mod. There may be situations where you will be called upon to decurse, and if nothing else, being aware of the status of other members in your raid is never a bad thing for any class.

One concern I have, before we start talking about haste, is the enchant on your boots. Vitality!? Really!? No no no no NO, sir. Boar's Speed is the only viable enchant for any class or spec of raider (aside from the Agility & Run Speed enchant). Boar's Speed has been proven time and time again to increase DPS and survivability, and I am taking Scrubdaddy out back right now to shoot him for not having it on his boots. Moving on...

Alright, so, regarding haste and Nature's Grace. Before we get into it too heavily, let me just supply you with some raw information, taken straight from ElitistJerks:

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t21687-druid_balance/ wrote:

After you crit a spell, Nature’s Grace reduces the cast time on your next spell (with a casting time--it won’t be consumed by instants) by .5 seconds. Nature’s Grace does not reduce the GCD on spells. As such it is of limited use when chain casting Wrath. While your casts may take less than 1.5 seconds, you won’t be able to start another cast until after the GCD has passed, netting no increase in DPS.

Adoriele wrote:
Othieus wrote:

I'm a little confused as to why spell crit is valued so low. With the Vengence and Nature's Grace talents wouldn't it be valued a little higher in gear below t6 level? I understand that haste is very good but wouldn't it be better to stack crit rather then haste untill haste gear becomes more avaiable. Can anyone clarify this for me?
It has to do with a few things. First, of the three ratings we have access to, Crit is the highest cost at 22.08 rating per 1%. By contrast, haste is 15.76. So in order for 1 crit rating to be worth more than 1 haste, it has to provide 40% more benefit. Now, ignoring Nature's Grace, both Crit and Haste affect your DPS in the same way, i.e. they multiply it by (1 + %). So, if you have 10% crit, you do 110% of the DPS you would do without any crit at all. Same with 10% haste. The problem is that you start out with a lot of incidental crit: from your Int, from your aura, from your talents. You don't start out with any haste. Because of this, your first % of crit from gear is likely to move you from, say, 25% crit to 26% crit, while your first percent of haste will always move you from 0% to 1%, which is a much larger benefit (1.01/1 > 1.26/1.25). So that 40% extra benefit that 1 crit rating would need to outweigh 1 haste rating shoots way up, and the only thing left to cover it is Nature's Grace, or perhaps something like the Lightning Capacitor. Unfortunately, those two just don't provide enough benefit to be worth it.

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t21687-druid_balance/ wrote:
There isn't (presently) a point where spell crit becomes useful for gemming.
These numbers are for pure Starfire rotations, and a gross oversimplification, so please don't go re-gemming gear blindly until the actual math sheet goes live. Read up on Efejel's spreadsheet thread for more clarification.
Here is the link to the moonkin DPS spreadsheet in reference.

The only viable argument against Spell Haste for Boomkins is that while it does increase DPS, it does not increase DPM. Given the natural mana inefficiency of Boomkins, it is often beneficial to take a more tempered approach towards gearing for Spell Haste. That being said, liberal use of consumables, potions (especially when combined with your alchemy trinket), and being in a pro Shadow Priest group should negate any kind of mana issues you might have.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, there you have it. I look forward to seeing you join our congregation next week. Wink One final question before I end this monster-- Given your current work schedule, when can we expect you to be available for a trial run?
Back to top Go down
Scrubdaddy

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:02 am

I TOLD ya haste > spell crit! finally somebody that can back me up AND cite examples =D hope to see ya soon buddy!
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:04 am

Quote :
I look forward to seeing you join our congregation next week

/facepalm

P.S. boomkin r gud
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:22 am

Does this mean we can dump Doomus if we can get Honed to apply?!
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:23 am

Doomus has already been dumped. What's a Honed?
Back to top Go down
Sarafain

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:59 am

I dont' think I can be around tonight due to prior obligations, as well as next friday though I might be able to reschedule - going forward I should be fine.
Xpearl is about the only healing mod I use which is more then enough for archimonde decursing, as well as the minor mobs in BT/MH.
Efejel's spreadsheet shows crit to be better then haste, no one uses wrath for boss fights as one dumps mana too quickly that way. Something along the lines of 25% means you gain .5 seconds every 4 spells (so basically .12 haste) where 34% cirt is .5 every 3 casts(1.6haste) my ideal stat would be 34% crit and the 109 haste for .2 secs
Also most haste calculations are based on nailing that cast .1 or .2 seconds earlier.... I mean really I can't even snap that quick. As for mana issues, I really don't have any unless for some reason a lot of dps goes down without a spriest or shaman though I prefer shamans.
Vitality when you can shapeshift travel or cat form dash better imo then a bit of speed and 80hp though if you want me to switch it shouldnt' be a problem to get it.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:48 am

Hi, i'm a Honed!
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 am

Honed wrote:
Hi, i'm a Homo!
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:53 am

Sarafain wrote:
Efejel's spreadsheet shows crit to be better then haste, no one uses wrath for boss fights as one dumps mana too quickly that way. Something along the lines of 25% means you gain .5 seconds every 4 spells (so basically .12 haste) where 34% cirt is .5 every 3 casts(1.6haste) my ideal stat would be 34% crit and the 109 haste for .2 secs
Also most haste calculations are based on nailing that cast .1 or .2 seconds earlier.... I mean really I can't even snap that quick. As for mana issues, I really don't have any unless for some reason a lot of dps goes down without a spriest or shaman though I prefer shamans.
Vitality when you can shapeshift travel or cat form dash better imo then a bit of speed and 80hp though if you want me to switch it shouldnt' be a problem to get it.

I like you already
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:00 pm

Xeos wrote:

I like you already
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:02 pm

Xeos wrote:

I fully support homosexual marriage/civil unions and have no phobias against any type of homosexual. Also, I voted for Nader.

Xeos is pure win.
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:12 pm

See what I did there.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Primary wrote:
Honed wrote:
Hi, i'm a Homo!

Now you hurt my feelings.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:23 pm

Oh Touche Xeos, Touche
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 1:21 pm

Good answers!

Boar’s Speed’s 90 hp and 8% run speed increase may not seem like a big deal, and it is not going to carry you through an encounter on its own, but its DPS and survivability bonuses far outweigh the benefits of 4mp5 and 5hp5 from Vitality. There is some valid mathematical representation* of the DPS gained, and additionally, if you talk to anyone who has ever used a different enchant and then made the switch to Boar’s Speed, their testimony should convince you of its value. There are some times when switching to travel form or sprinting via cat is neither necessary nor worthwhile, when all that is required is to take a few steps in caster form. It is in these instances that Boar’s Speed really shines.

You have me temporarily stumped with your crit/haste arguments, although I still maintain that socketing for spell crit is bupkis. If nothing else, it will help you attain that 109 haste value (that being I said, I realize I am not taking a holistic approach when I say this, and I am unaware of your projected gear upgrade path). I’m a little puzzled regarding your comment about having haste yield “only” .1 or .2 seconds shaved off your spell’s cast time, could you clarify? What is your latency? When I have Drums in my group, I find the fraction of a second cast time bonus very apparent. Also, what is your casting rotation by the way? IS MF SFx3? The group you will most likely be placed in will almost always contain a Shaman and (usually) a Shadow Priest.

One last topic, your current spec. I have seen arguments for and against Force of Nature, why did you choose to not take it? Finally, as Moonkin are (at present) a DPS support class, can we convince you to pick up Imp FF? The benefit it brings to the raid far outshines any personal DPS loss to the Moonkin, and if you rarely cast Wrath, dropping Celestial Focus shouldn’t be too large an issue.

Since you can’t make this Friday, would either Sunday or Tuesday (or both) be a possibility?

P.S.- Xperl is just fine.

*If you like, I can try and find the Boar’s Speed DPS math for you. If you do a search of ElitistJerks, I’m sure you will find dozens of threads advocating its supremacy.
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:44 pm

smolder me bake sarafain and peanu.....zyzzx... win caster grp of winness.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Yeah, when Mages became useful for something other than food and water, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 pm

- Z - wrote:
Yeah, when Mages became useful for something other than food and water, maybe.

portals

for when im too lazy to ghetto hearth
Back to top Go down
Sarafain

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 4:50 pm

Why is it every post turns gay after Honed posts, stop wondering Yes! It is him.

As for the crit/haste of a boomkin think of it like this every time i crit i gain .5 seconds which is like 15% haste so the higher my crit % the more haste I gain. And I'm not against haste I just think people gem for it way to quickly, underestimating other important stats - like a big enough mana pool to support it.

Force of nature is a waste imo for raiding, the trees are retarded with no pet bar and easily die to aoe which almost all mobs/bosses do. I'll be around Tues for sure, and this sunday, I should make atleast 2 raids if not all. If I'm having 0 mana problems in whichever group I'm stuck in then I have no problems switching for Imp FF but most of my lack of mana problems comes of pot chugging which I have no problem doing so long as my mana lasts throughout the boss fight. It alright if I use Sun as a tiral, if I'm not even potting to rarely then I have no problem with the switch. I've just been often stuck with no shaman or Spriest and that talent is a massive increase to dpm.

I'll hit someone up for boars speed tomorrow once I'm back
Back to top Go down
Ballobeef

Ballobeef

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:09 pm

When used at the right time FoN can be one of the biggest damage spells you have, well worth it imho.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 5:45 pm

I've heard solid arguments for and against it. Ultimately, I think it is purely a personal decision.
Back to top Go down
Scrubdaddy

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Amalgarashi wrote:
smolder me bake sarafain and peanu.....zyzzx... win caster grp of winness.

Move scrub in for amal and that becomes an awesome group!
Back to top Go down
Bakeyero

Bakeyero

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:42 pm

can i has moonkin aura plx?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood   [Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Sarafain - Balance Drood
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next