Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin

Go down 
+3
Ichaerus
Serayne
torress
7 posters
AuthorMessage
torress

[ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin Empty
PostSubject: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:29 am

Your raid talent spec.

47/0/14
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tMrzicsguAoZxMIo

Your relevant stats for raiding.
Base stats...
1081 spell dmg
164 hit
20.60% crit

Your raid experience.
pre bc... MC, BWL, AQ20
Tbc... Kara, ZA, Gruuls, Mag, and first two bosses in MH

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times.
yup yup

Two major upgrades to your gear for your class/spec from MH/BT, and why they are a large upgrade
Chronicle of Dark Secrets..simply better stats
Ring of Ancient Knowledge get some spell haste gear for starfire and global cd's, plus my rings have no hit/crit/haste

have 30 badges getting some new badge loot btw

A short guild history.
Was in TD pre bc, played my rogue S1, S2. S3 on resto druid. Joined Ronnin Depths and quit becuase they kicked my rl friend for no reason and now im getting boomkin gear.

Current guild: guildless

The reason you are applying to Damage Done.
Bakasuya told me i should give it a try and i really want to do something while im online rather than stand on top of org.

Finally, tell us in one or two sentences why you would be a good addition to Damage Done.
Boomkin dance

375 enchanting with runed adamantite rod
375 Alchemy Xmute mastery

Last edited by torress on Mon May 12, 2008 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serayne

Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:22 am

Would love to have a Boomkin in addition to our guild. As a Retribution Paladin, I know how annoying it is to have people take you seriously. /sigh.

Just one question by me for now.

Why not this spec, or a close variation?

Looks a lot better for PvE. The tier two restoration talents can be swapped for Focus or more Naturalist. The one point in Balance in Nature's Grasp would be for PvP, only because the only other talents to get is Brambles or Control of Nature. Damn filler points.

That spec would give raid-wide utility via improved FF (awesome for our melee/hunters..which we have a lot of.) And if you were a constant raider (would be nice) - we (the physical damage) could even drop some hit rating. :O

Look that over if you could. Expect to see tons of criticism and hybrid-hate. Good luck my off-spec brother.
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:28 am

You're both heathens.
Back to top Go down
Serayne

Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 8:34 am

Racism?
Classism?
Specism?

scratch
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:35 am

Torress, the spec you linked is missing 7 talent points, even though you listed it as a 48/0/13 spec. Can you repost?

And yes, Improved Faerie Fire is the single biggest incentive to bring a Boomkin to a raid, so you'd be expected to have it.

You acknowledged the rules and times. Does this mean you can make all three days without issue?
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
torress

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:33 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
Torress, the spec you linked is missing 7 talent points, even though you listed it as a 48/0/13 spec. Can you repost?

And yes, Improved Faerie Fire is the single biggest incentive to bring a Boomkin to a raid, so you'd be expected to have it.

You acknowledged the rules and times. Does this mean you can make all three days without issue?

yup i can and let me repost the spec i dont know why its missing points...i am willing to respec however you would like for raiding.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tcrziIsguVoZxMI

its kind of a pvp / raid spec mixed but im willing to respec fully raid
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:44 pm

I noticed you have the Moonfire idol equipped, but I wanted to ask if you are familiar with Balance-spec theorycraft regarding Boomkin, including spell rotations, totem-swapping per spellcast, etc.

In terms of spec, sadly all the juicy talents are impossible to max out, so you gotta pick and choose.

If your attendance is good, I would definitely recommend you take Improved Faerie Fire to assist our physical dps out by reducing their effective hit cap.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=0tcrziIsguVoZxMI is a possible spec, but depends a lot on your threat generation. If your mana is never an issue, you can probably drop points in Dreamstate. If you pass your hit cap, you can drop points from Balance of Power. If your threat isn't an issue, you can drop a point from Subtlety into Force of Nature. As you gear up more, if threat is a concern, you can drop points from Dreamstate or other stuff into Subtlety.

Side note: I'd highly recommend being ready to go around 615 today. We tend to like doing trial-by-fire recruitment. That said, read up on the first bunch of fights in Hyjal and Black Temple so we don't have to overly explain each one.

Also, bring some PVP/hp gear (min of 9k unbuffed).
Back to top Go down
torress

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:59 pm

my spell rotation is IS/MF/SFx3 for boss fights where movement isn't an issue
with movement issues i tend to use IS/MF/Wx6

the idol i have equipped has a 50%proc rate so its pretty useful but if i had the ivory idol of the moongoddess from SH i would swap it in for starfires
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:39 pm

I'd recommend you try and chain farm the boss for the idol if you get a chance.

I assume you understood what I meant by 'swap in the idol' to cast a spell?
Back to top Go down
torress

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:50 pm

yup i understand ill work on getting it asap Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tak

Tak

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:30 pm

OMG A BOOMKIN
Back to top Go down
Jelly

Jelly

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:54 pm

Tak wrote:
OMG A BOOMKIN

I think Tak just got a Happy!
Back to top Go down
Almagest

Almagest

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:57 am

I'd be willing to farm the first boss in SH to help you get your idol.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:46 am

Did well enough Tuesday to justify a Friday run. If you do well enough on Friday we'll invite you to the guild.
Back to top Go down
torress

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:40 pm

mmk sounds good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:59 pm

Okay, we're gonna say yes. Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin   [ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Torress - Boomkin
Page 1 of 1