Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior

Go down 
+5
Cunningblade
PB
Ichaerus
Serayne
Stirmin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stirmin

[ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior Empty
PostSubject: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 11:27 pm

Your raid talent spec.
Protection
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=Li0czZmZ0EtoI0kcest

Your relevant stats for raiding.

HP: 15744
Armor: 16788
Defense: 519
Dodge: 24.99
Parry: 19.21
Block: 16.76 (297)

Your raid experience.

Pre-BC:
ZG 100%
MC 100%
BWL (only first 2)
AQ20 (not last 2)

Post-BC:
Karazhan 100%
Gruul 100%
Mag 100%
SSC (not last 2)
ZA (not zul'jin)

I can make every Tuesday raid and, if accepted, I will change my weekends to include Fridays. Unfortunately Sunday's raid is an hour too early for me to make most weekends. Perhaps 1/4 Sundays I would be able to attend.

Two major upgrades to your gear for your class/spec from MH/BT, and why they are a large upgrade.
Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart - Kaz'rogal - Has a significant stamina upgrade over mine as well as some +hit.
Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury - Supremus - Large upgrade over my T4 shoulders from +dodge and some stamina.

A short guild history.
Stirmin has only been in Fireplex at 70. They are a SG-based guild while am western Canadian. Obviously their 5:00am raid times don't really work for me.

The reason you are applying to Damage Done.
I am looking for a server-time guild that is serious about raiding and is not massively over-populated with tanks. Having said that, I really do not mind having to sit out raids while I wait for a spot to open up. I am a rather patient person Smile

Finally, tell us in one or two sentences why you would be a good addition to Damage Done.

I know my role/class very well and I am quick to learn fights. I don't mind wiping as long as we learn from it. I build threat excellently and don't get upset when loot is passed along the line.

Last edited by Stirmin on Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Serayne

Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 8:11 am

Well put together application, but in all honesty... we usually have at least one Warrior tank and your gear is a bit behind the curve. Sundays are usually a problem for us for attendance already..and we have already met our quota for Canadians Laughing Keep in mind that I don't really have any authority to say yes/no. Just a heads up. scratch
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:00 am

Serayne wrote:
Well put together application, but in all honesty... we usually have at least one Warrior tank and your gear is a bit behind the curve. Sundays are usually a problem for us for attendance already..and we have already met our quota for Canadians Laughing Keep in mind that I don't really have any authority to say yes/no. Just a heads up. scratch

Lies.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:15 am

Thanks for the app, we'll be reviewing it for a couple of days.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 10:41 am

I understand my gear is a bit behind what it should be for your current progression level. Fireplex lost a lot of core raiders recently just as we were getting into our own in SSC and beginning TK. Now the Saturday raid has digressed to only ZA.
Work until 7 tonight but I will try to be around as much as I can for the hassling - don't hold back Basketball
Back to top Go down
Cunningblade

Cunningblade

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 2:50 am

Stirmin WAS in my old guild on soulja (fireplex) yes his gear is behind but in all honesty he was a VERY good tank espically for his gear.

I dont have much to say but give him a chance he knows his shit and is a decent guy, tox and sam have raided with him im pretty sure to.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cstrike.co.nz
Toxicsmoke

Toxicsmoke

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:56 am

Quote :
He knows his shit
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Okay, so Tuesday is already one of our best raid days in terms of attendance (although not always). Friday is hit/miss.

You have some support, but the lack of complete availability is a bit disconcerting because I have gotten extremely frustrated in the past when we're a couple people shy of a full raid and I don't see recruits waiting to go (how else do you think they manage to get full time raid spots? They show up every time until their attendance and gear justifies them always going). Why can't you go on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Comotosis

Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Why aren't you tauren.
Back to top Go down
nag

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:41 pm

Quote :
Why aren't you tauren.

I spit my wine out when I saw Como type that fyi.
Back to top Go down
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 12:32 am

I work most Sundays until 4pm (I might be able to change it to 330 but earlier is pushing it). Having said that I have the next 2 or 3 Sundays off, but that is a weird occurrence.
Fridays right now I am either off at 7pm or 4pm... I can limit that to only 4pm though; shouldn't be a problem - excluding tomorrow.

Call me racist but I don't like the way Tauren look, although I made Stirmin to be the ugliest mo'fo around ...
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am

What about availability on other days, for stuff like ZA?
Back to top Go down
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:46 pm

I can be available every day of the week (minus random gf-aggro ...) after 4pm except Mon/Wed/Fri which is either 4pm or 7pm.
After I change my Friday availability it will be only Mon/Wed that I have to wait till 4pm/7pm.
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Stirmin wrote:
(minus random gf-aggro ...)

Amen.
Back to top Go down
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:21 pm

Soo.. do you guys want me to show up for a raid? Run a heroic? /roll-off competition in shat? Run your alts through SFK?
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:47 am

Sorry, busy end-of-week type stuff.

Yeah, it may be nice if you showed up to a raid... but the truth is you wouldn't get a spot unless we were hurting for a tank. You may see if we're running a ZA at some point tomorrow and try to do that.

The truth is I hate to string people along. I am being perfectly honest when I say that we have a pretty set raid group and we're only looking for an occasional replacement.
Back to top Go down
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 11:36 am

I don't have much of a problem with that, sure I would like a raid spot but I don't mind waiting for it. I'll continue to pug ZA/Kara and I'll tank for Fireplex's raids on our off days. Simply having the possibility of a serious, server-time raid once in a while excites me. My old main was a Warlock in Baraka, but I stopped seriously playing him shortly after Unibus left for Deep Blue. I don't want another character with no possibility of advancement staring at me every time I log on.
I'll be online around... 4:30 or so tonight after the gf goes to work if there is a ZA planned or something. If I'm not online I'm either on Qeleg or Trull. I'll do a /who every now and again and swap over when I see some people I recognize.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:12 am

We're gonna pass due to potential availability concerns.

Sunday was actually a pretty good time for you to show up, because we could have used another warrior tank for Council, but you weren't on until later.

The sad lot of being a recruit right now is that you have to be pretty much ready for the entirety of our raid, which is very boring for those just sitting around and doing nothing. Sorry, and best of luck.
Back to top Go down
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Out of curiosity, was that the only major concern there was? I see that the application is [DECLINED] now but I really didn't feel like there was much in the way of communication at all. It was never mentioned to "show up on this raid day we might have a spot who knows" or anything. There was:
Peanutbutter wrote:

Sunday was actually a pretty good time for you to show up, because we could have used another warrior tank for Council, but you weren't on until later.
I logged on Sunday around 2:30 and noticed most of you on, I /bonked Toxicsmoke by the portal to org... and farmed for Primal Airs in nagrand for 20 mins or so. When I saw everyone had zoned into BT I logged off because it's boring playing a low damage character and having no idea whether or not you're even noticed online Razz.
I'm not trying to bitch, I just don't think "potential availability concerns" when I was never asked to be available for anything is rather vague. If I'm firmly [DECLINED] I won't argue just wanted a little more closure is all.
Thx
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 9:10 am

Eh, it's kinda like this.

At go-time, we start the raid. Up until the raid starts, I scan the applicant field to see if people are online and ready to go. If I think we need one (lack of a warrior, in this case), I send them a quick tell in the vein of, "Might need you, stand by." If I don't see anybody in particular that would help the raid, I typically don't say anything. I used to try and tell everyone what was going on, but the reality is I have a lot of stuff I need to deal with when the raid starts and I just don't have the ability to do that and send everyone a, "Hey we're full now, stick around in case we need you," kind of tell, so I'm sorry for not giving you more information.

On a side note, we were missing warriors AGAIN on Tuesday, and I know we'll be missing one AGAIN on Sunday... so I'm willing to reopen this, but I really need you to be online and available no later than 630 on Friday and 230 on Sunday. If you don't get a tell around that time, feel free to send me a tell. If I'm not around (usually unlikely, but this Sunday I may be unavailable), send one to your buddy Toxic and see if he can find some info from the officers.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 10:19 pm

Excellent! If I'm not on Friday at 6:30pm server time feel free to forget I ever existed.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Is the only reason you can't make Sunday your work until 4 pm? Can you be late on Sunday?
Back to top Go down
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 6:16 pm

I went ahead and reworked my schedule - I can now make every Tuesday and Friday raid and I should be able to make every Sunday raid, however that one was the hardest to get and hasn't been finalized yet. I can show up around 3:30 for sure though... I tried to get 2:30.
Oh, this might not be true for the week after next as they try to change things around, but next week is ok except Father's Day.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 9:29 am

Show up this Tuesday for a final decision.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 9:23 am

Okay, so you couldn't make Tuesday due to personal issues. Is your work schedule going to permit you to show up this Sunday (even if a tiny bit late)? If so, can you work on getting a fire resist set made? We won't have two fire tanks for Illidan so if he doesn't die Friday, we're up shit creek unless you're ready.

You must have 295 fire resist unbuffed. Try and hit the defense cap, too, but 295 FR is paramount.
You need 100 badges for the four 'badge' FR pieces (200 FR total).
If you have an old T4 helm (or can get another one), get +20 FR on it from Thrallmar.
If you have not done the Trial of the Naruu line, get it done ASAP and go on a pug Magtheridon to get the +30 FR ring from the quest.
I'm not sure what else people generally use, but using those pieces with proper enchants/fire resist kits/defense kits should keep you in the clear.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior   [ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Stirmin - Protection Warrior
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next