Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Withdrawn] Mageofdeath

Go down 
+11
Smolder
Necis
Ichaerus
Reckface
Xeos
taldra
Varrius
Petrus
Vaslant
Thealfman
Mageofdeath
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Petrus

Petrus

[Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 9:27 pm

I'd make the argument that gemming "for that prolonged fight" and to increase your mana pool probably isn't the way to go. I'll go find some EJ or other theorycrafting stuff on the subject. More dps from that means a shorter fight anyway, and I know my mage is a fresh 80 and has almost no mana problems in 25mans (pugged, which means the fights are longer because nobody's breaking 3500 dps anyway). I'll try to make my case here a little more strongly for gemming spellpower in more places (especially over those int/stams).
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Feardotpew

Feardotpew

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 10:19 pm

I would agree with what was mentioned in these last few posts about longevity not being the way to go. I'd much rather see a caster be nearly oom at the end of the fight and breaking 4k, 5k dps, rather than seeing a mage have over 50% mana left over while barely breaking 3k dps. I would then declare that a good balance between high dps and longevity is the key thing here, and I'd much rather see you pew pew more and help fights end quicker, rather you being one of the only ones alive at the end of a fight due to having a higher amount of stam and/or int then the rest of the dps. Just my take on this current topic, but then again, I'm a life tapping slut who whores out my stam to my mana pool.
Back to top Go down
Mageofdeath

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:14 pm

[quote="Feardotpew"]I would agree with what was mentioned in these last few posts about longevity not being the way to go. I'd much rather see a caster be nearly oom at the end of the fight and breaking 4k, 5k dps, rather than seeing a mage have over 50% mana left over while barely breaking 3k dps. quote]

Ive never ran a 25man that wasnt a pug...so up to this point its nothing new for fights to take too long...the comment i said earlier about stam and mana and lasting the long fights was meant it in the way it helps for longevity because thats what im used too....... every boss fight im 4k easy.. last thadius fight i was 6.6k overall patchwork over 5k topping both dps meters and damage done meters in just about every boss encounter.... i really dont understand why you all are so concerned of gems..... this appication process seems silly but i guess you guys must have your shit together and are spoiled where as myself on the other hand i have to deal with the rest of the undergeared inexperienced babboons who pug
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:19 pm

It is about min/maxing. The current batch of raid content is not a good measure. Changing some gems can squeeze more dps out of the exact same spec/rotation you already have.

How much mana do you typically have at the end of a boss encounter?
Back to top Go down
Feardotpew

Feardotpew

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm

Fail pugs are fail, seriously. Chain AoEing from boss to boss will definitely get one used to doing so. I can't imagine....using....combo control........crowd carelessness....what did CC mean again?
Back to top Go down
Mageofdeath

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:24 pm

Necis wrote:
It is about min/maxing. The current batch of raid content is not a good measure. Changing some gems can squeeze more dps out of the exact same spec/rotation you already have.

How much mana do you typically have at the end of a boss encounter?

Well normally i have the best shaman healer on the server with me so i get mana totems.... with mana gems and pots and evo i never run out of mana.... it happens occasionally...but im guessing 3-5k mana left over...depending on what fight
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:26 pm

So you could effectively reduce you mana pool by say 2k and replace it proportionally with SP to no ill effect correct? (This is a hypothetical question as I realize you dont just get to pick you stats at will)
Back to top Go down
Mageofdeath

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:32 pm

Necis wrote:
So you could effectively reduce you mana pool by say 2k and replace it proportionally with SP to no ill effect correct? (This is a hypothetical question as I realize you dont just get to pick you stats at will)

I value crit over sp any day.. if i was to be a sp hog(which is apparent you all value over anything) sp isnt the only stat a mage should have i have over 1800sp which is quite enough......i love crit so thats my primary goal with sp being secondary
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:37 pm

I dont value any mage stat over another I just fail to see why you are so eager to have too much logevity over more spl dmg or for that matter crit. If you feel and can show that crit>spl dmg that is fantastic. Again you are taking these questions as a personal attack IMO when they are really aimed at gauging knowledge. When asked questions your immediate response seems defensive and relatively hostile. You will get a trial to prove your theorycraft.
Back to top Go down
Mageofdeath

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Necis wrote:
I dont value any mage stat over another I just fail to see why you are so eager to have too much logevity over more spl dmg or for that matter crit. If you feel and can show that crit>spl dmg that is fantastic. Again you are taking these questions as a personal attack IMO when they are really aimed at gauging knowledge. When asked questions your immediate response seems defensive and relatively hostile. You will get a trial to prove your theorycraft.

Its not hostile but it is defensive because im being critiqed.. I am not gemmed for longevity im gemmed for crit that has some stam in there which i really dont care about... If you crit more you will do more damage in turn means more dps....all the spell power in the world wont help you much if you dont get crits... FFB spec is based on critting.. if i was arcane i would go more sp and haste but i really dont think thats a good raiding spec
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:49 pm

Seemed a bit hostile to me and it is possible to defend your position without being overly defensive. As I said its not personal and you will be given an opportunity to prove your stance in a raid situation.
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:41 am

Hi my names amalgarashi and i have no idea who you are, but i know that you're terrible and DD would be making a mistake to recruit you.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:12 am

This place is such a welcoming environment.
Back to top Go down
BaronVardus

BaronVardus

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 3:57 am

EX-GUILD MEMBERS OPINIONS MAY VARY.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:23 am

Smolder wrote:
Reckface wrote:
[Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 Wowscr10

He does more damage to Sapphiron 25man, than she has health.

Invite inc.

i want to dance too Sad
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 am

Necis wrote:
If you feel and can show that crit>spl dmg that is fantastic. You will get a trial to prove your theorycraft.
I agree. http://www.elitistjerks.com/ is a good start. Let us know if you find anything. <3

Mageofdeath wrote:
if i was arcane i would go more sp and haste but i really dont think thats a good raiding spec
Have you researched this at all? Amal has been trolling the forums with all these mage apps and is convinced Arcane > FFB. Prove him wrong and you get a /hug from me. If you find that Arcane has been proven to be superior, would you be willing to give it a test run this week to improve your [already epic?] dps?

BaronVardus wrote:
EX-GUILD MEMBERS OPINIONS MAY VARY.
I'd say quit trolling all the applications with the same spam, but you 3-manned Heroic UP w/ me last night. Epic. /salute

PS - Hi, Amal. How've things been? Very Happy

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:02 am

OK time to be more civil on a game of mathematics. This game is quite simple and just a game of rotations and numbers. Crit and haste will only be more dps once u hit like t9 gear but for now with our shitty t7 gear it is all about hit and sp. To max your dps pure sp is the way to go it is worked out. I am lazy and don't feel like looking up the numbers but i think 1 sp is like 1.59 dps or something close to that. 1 crit=1.15 dps and 1 haste=1.11 dps( all of these numbers for ffb)I do understand the green gems for u meta but purple 9 sp 12 stam is more dps. O and btw int=.31 dps or something like that. Tbh if u are out of mana and not surviving fights you are not playing correctly or blowing cds. ok u say u do 4k dps or w/e now but with correct changes that should easily by 5k. As far as arc spec goes ur dps was low because of pom pryo is a just stupid pve spec atm. 20/51 spec requires a ton of hit like 14% with a shadow priest and 17% without. But for pure arcane it is still the best single target mage dpse once u have the tricky rotation down and learn how to mange cds (but of course u need a fire mage for scorch) Any how i hope u understand what i am trying to help u with and aren't do thick headed. O and as for ur mage comment that u have never lost...well u haven't grouped with me yet Smile. but time to shower go get a game card and gl on ur app

Last edited by Varrius on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feardotpew

Feardotpew

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:08 am

Varrius wrote:
O and as for ur mage comment that u have never lost...well u haven't grouped with me yet Smile.

[Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 Lolwut10
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:53 pm

Varrius wrote:
O and as for ur mage comment that u have never lost...well u haven't grouped with me yet Smile.
ilu.
Back to top Go down
Mageofdeath

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 10:04 pm

I withdraw my application
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath   [Withdrawn] Mageofdeath - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Withdrawn] Mageofdeath
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2