Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"Music and life"

Go down 
+6
Rishana
Malaese
Galt
Shelarahn
grak
Dimidréas
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
grak

grak

"Music and life" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 2:37 pm

What apostate bastard taught this woman to read and write??!
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
but I believe that America was founded by God fearing men that wanted the will of God to be done.

If you do any research on the founding fathers, you will see that they were in the majority desists.

Quote :
Deism is the belief that a supreme God exists and created the physical universe, and that religious truths can be arrived at by the application of reason alone, without dependence on revelation. It is in contrast with fideism, found in many forms of Christianity, Islamic and Judaic teachings, which holds that religious truths rely upon revelation in sacred scriptures and upon the testimony of other people as well as reasoning.

This fact was (I would argue) the fundamental reason that they rejected the orthodoxy of the time that rulers get their authority from God, and embraced the notion that rulers derive their power from those who they govern.

It is very basic US history. I am shocked that you do not know this.

Edit: I should be more precise: deists and masons made up the majority.

Eidt2: And to stop the forthcoming argument, this is not remotely to say that they were either agnostic or atheist. They were deeply spiritual men. They respected the bible and fundamental teaching of Christianity such as love, forgiveness, tolerance, and the equality of individuals before god. But, in no way would it be accurate to say that they built our constitution to have "the will of God... done."
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 4:59 pm

So Grak, like whats your deal? I have no problem with you being an atheist, why do you have such a problem with me being a Christian?
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:14 pm

I have no problem with you being a Christian. I only have a problem with religion when it acts to deny to others the rights afforded to its own adherents.

You are (and I would never deny you the right) always free to follow the dictates of your conscience, provided you don't interfere with anyone else's similar right. That doesn't mean I can't try to change your mind by countering your arguments. The fact is, you're making claims that are demonstrably false and I want to tell you why. Maybe you'll change your mind, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:27 pm

grak wrote:
I have no problem with you being a Christian. I only have a problem with religion when it acts to deny to others the rights afforded to its own adherents.

You are (and I would never deny you the right) always free to follow the dictates of your conscience, provided you don't interfere with anyone else's similar right. That doesn't mean I can't try to change your mind by countering your arguments. The fact is, you're making claims that are demonstrably false and I want to tell you why. Maybe you'll change your mind, who knows?

See thats the thing, try changing peoples minds who actually MATTER. I'm an 18 year old idiot from Mississippi, my opinion on Prop 8 don't mean shit. And as far as the mind changing, good luck. For someone whos ideology hates mine for being oppressive and trying to control people, you sure are aggressive to attack me.
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:40 pm

you can try to change mine!
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:42 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
For someone whos ideology hates mine for being oppressive and trying to control people, you sure are aggressive to attack me.

scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Galt wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:
For someone whos ideology hates mine for being oppressive and trying to control people, you sure are aggressive towards me.

scratch

Fix'd

I just woke up from a nap, fuck you
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:46 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
Galt wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:
For someone whos ideology hates mine for being oppressive and trying to control people, you sure are aggressive towards me.

scratch

Fix'd

I just woke up from a nap, fuck you

My tired punk arse hates you so much right now >=(
14 mins 'til shop closes though >^,^<

<_>
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Dimidréas wrote:
<_>

Did that hurt?
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 6:59 pm

Quote :

The difference is I'm not trying to oppress or control you. That's a prerogative only you can surrender to someone else. What IS relevant is that you have more evidence for Santa Claus than you do for Jesus. Does that strike you as at all odd? At least the cookies were gone in the morning!

I'm taking a page out of YOUR playbook! The most adamant opponents make the greatest victories. Twisted Evil

....not that I harbor any real hopes of changing your mind. It just gives me a metaphorical boner.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:16 pm

Xeos wrote:
you can try to change mine!

I like you Xeos because you are a good sport, bat shit brainwashed insane, but definitely a good sport. If you are the next Hitler and gays the next Jews, can I tag along long enough to ensure my freedom with(when) the Allies liberate California?
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:36 pm

Bring Stargate DvDs.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 8:19 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Dimidréas wrote:
<_>

Did that hurt?

No because I got to go home to lasagna XD
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Can I rent your wife Dimi? Get her to teach mine how to make lasagna for me.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm

grak wrote:
Can I rent your wife Dimi? Get her to teach mine how to make lasagna for me.

I will kill you and any bastard that tries to buy / borrow / steal / rent her from me >=O
Err, I mean sure anytime ^,^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Music and life"   "Music and life" - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Music and life"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2