Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Town Hall Debate

Go down 
+8
Korash
- Z -
Damacus
Holyhoof
Dimidréas
Honed
Galt
Peanutbutter
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

The Town Hall Debate Empty
PostSubject: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:31 pm

If you even try to argue that McCain won that one you're delusional. It was almost embarrassing with the flat jokes and the comment I just mentioned. He looked weak all night and slightly scripted until the last two parts. Obama looked even more relaxed than last time and looked as if he was thinking of answers instead of a speech script.

Obama-Biden 3, McCain-Palin 0
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 9:51 pm

"The Straight Talk Express lost a wheel on that one."

-Barack Obama, 44th President.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Honed

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:07 am

Once again I thought they both looked terrible. But if you are looking for the lesser of two evils, Obama for president.(/cry)
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:22 am

Honed wrote:
Once again I thought they both looked terrible. But if you are looking for the lesser of two evils, Obama for president.(/cry)

You guys are so screwed =X
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:35 am

Honed wrote:
If you thought both looked terrible, you were probably focusing on McCain all night long and dragged that association across the aisle. Obama looked and sounded fantastic on several key points (health care as a right? go into Pakistan to kill bin Laden if they don't co-operate? energy - health care - eduction as the top three priorities?). If you really thought he looked awful, you have a partisan slant that ruins your perception.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:48 am

Dimidréas wrote:
You guys are so screwed =X

I fail to see the reasoning behind that statement. Mike Tyson as president would probably be better than Bush so either candidate is an improvement if for no other reason than differentiation. Clearly they want to take different paths to improvement, its up to us to decide who we think present the best path.

The only way we are screwed is if no one pays attention to whats going on and we let the people who have attempted to ruin our country continue to dictate its future. It is important that we all vote, even if its for the wrong person. Wink

Last edited by Galt on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:55 am

Galt wrote:
I fail to see the reasoning behind that statement. Mike Tyson as president would probably be better than Bush so either candidate is an improvement if for no other reason than differentiation. Clearly they want to take different paths to improvement, its up to us to decide who we think present the best path.

The only way we are screwed is if no one pays attention to whats going on and we let the people who have attempted to ruin our country continue to dictate its future. It is important that we all vote, even if its for the wrong person. Wink

Meh. Less screwed is still screwed imo.
At any rate, I would love nothing more then for your next elected president to do the country a world of good, as I do not enjoy seeing any of my fellow mates suffer. But yes, I do agree that either candidate will likely do an improved job over the current administrations accomplishments and that is definately something to look positively on if you are an American citizen.
Back to top Go down
Holyhoof

Holyhoof

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:58 am

Quote :
If you really thought he looked awful, you have a partisan slant that ruins your perception.

Hate to say it PB, but you are in the same boat. Obama is not the "Next Big Thing" you are making him out to be.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:18 am

you're right, he's the next best thing Very Happy

no one's anywhere near perfect but McCain is very obviously a bit further from it than Obama imo
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:26 am

WTB Ron Paul. He is the best choice we could have made; opportunity lost.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:34 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
Honed wrote:
If you thought both looked terrible, you were probably focusing on McCain all night long and dragged that association across the aisle. Obama looked and sounded fantastic on several key points (health care as a right? go into Pakistan to kill bin Laden if they don't co-operate? energy - health care - eduction as the top three priorities?). If you really thought he looked awful, you have a partisan slant that ruins your perception.

Interesting that you can tell me my thoughts. It's like my own personal magic 8-ball.

I thought Obama's points on foreign affairs were on the money and his resolution to redirect our efforts to other areas are sound. However his 10 year energy plan concerns me. I think the right direction and thoughts are there but the timeline and execution is more than suspect. As far as universal health care goes I am on the fence. Obama preaches universal health care but I have yet to see the actual plan and what it is costing us as tax payers. For all of the change that Obama calls for, he has yet to show me how he plans to implement these changes.

McCain, as usual looked stiff and uncomfortable all night long. He stumbled through quite a few answers and decided to play the blame game which immediately turned me off. I don't care who broke the system, I care about what you plan to do to fix it. I thought this was a perfect forum for Obama to take the high road and circumnavigate McCains criticisms by explaining his plan going forward. Instead, he decided to ignore the public questions and go into attack mode. Both of them left me disgusted in this regard. I felt neither candidate connected with the audience(both at the forum and at home), which correct me if I am wrong, is the entire point of the standard "open arena" debate. Neither candidate was able to overcome their consistent misuse of statistics which has become almost laughable.

The only person who has impressed me so far in these debates is Biden.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Holyhoof wrote:
Quote :
If you really thought he looked awful, you have a partisan slant that ruins your perception.

Hate to say it PB, but you are in the same boat. Obama is not the "Next Big Thing" you are making him out to be.
Considering I have been a registered Republican since 2000 until about 2 weeks ago, was a Bush supporter in 2000, and live in a pretty right-wing area of the country, I'd say your analysis is way off-base. I believe in Barack Obama.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:48 pm

"HE IS THE ONE!"

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
Holyhoof wrote:
Quote :

Considering I have been a registered Republican since 2000 until about 2 weeks ago, was a Bush supporter in 2000, and live in a pretty right-wing area of the country, I'd say your analysis is way off-base. I believe in Barack Obama.

Pot meet Kettle.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Let's be friends?
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:56 pm

FUCK YOU LET'S E-BRAWL
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:57 pm

Damacus wrote:
FUCK YOU LET'S E-BRAWL

K...you're e-kimbo Slice
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 12:59 pm

k you're.... hmm

butterbean? iunno, I got nothin'
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 pm

- Z - wrote:
"HE IS THAT ONE!"

(sorry, couldn't resist)

fixt
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Pretty sure Kimbo would lose.

In 15 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Damacus wrote:
k you're.... hmm

butterbean? iunno, I got nothin'

Heh, I liked it!
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 2:25 pm

- Z - wrote:

In 15 seconds.

It was 14 but we knew what you meant.

At least Gina Curano kicked ass.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:39 pm

- Z - wrote:

In 15 seconds.

way to have my e-back you e-bad e-friend
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 3:46 pm

Here ya go D-Slice. Its not your fault you chose the wrong power animal.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4GfOJ9Q7U
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 4:05 pm

I gave Kimbo an extra second vs Butterbean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Town Hall Debate
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next