Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin

Go down 
+6
Demoniack
theleos
Secondary
Shelarahn
Comotosis
Petrus
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Petrus

Petrus

[DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin Empty
PostSubject: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:32 pm

Petrus - Protection Paladin

Your raid talent spec: 0/49/12 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZVhtIx0dMgqtVbx

Your Armory Link:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Petrus (Should be in my maintanking set)
http://armorylite.com/us/gorgonnash/Petrus/ (if other link isn't working)

Your relevant stats for raiding (all figures given are unbuffed):

Maintanking set:
HP: 16537 Mana: 4488 Armor: 17495
Dodge: 23.41 Parry: 16.28 Block: 17.37 Defense: 507 Miss: 11.28
Block Value: 420 Spell Damage: 373 Expertise: 10 (22 rating)

"Pure" Block set (as many BR/BV pieces as possible, intended mostly for trash only):
HP: 15057 Mana: 4938 Armor: 16120
Dodge: 12.46 Parry: 15.48 Block: 36.48 Defense: 487 Miss: 10.48
Block Value: 745 Spell Damage: 369 Expertise: 5

Threat set:
HP: 13807 Mana: 6153 Armor: 16033
Dodge: 16.07 Parry: 17.07 Block: 22.17 Defense: 494 Miss: 10.76
Block Value: 376 Spell Damage: 507 Expertise: 5

Hybrid Threat/Block set:
HP: 14697 Mana: 5688 Armor: 16706
Dodge: 13.71 Parry: 15.72 Block: 30.38 Defense: 493 Miss: 10.72
Block Value: 614 Spell Damage: 461 Expertise: 5

Do you have a Medallion of Karabor or SR set for Mother? What is your Trinket set up?
I do not have a Medallion of Karabor. I am on the Al'ar part of the chain. I do not have a Shadow Resist set for Mother Shahraz, though I will work towards obtaining one. However, from what I understand of the fight, the tanks do not necessarily have to have one, but I'm not 100% sure on that and I know different guilds do things different ways.

I have many trinkets that I use for many different situations, but I primarily use the following two setups:

For Maintanking: Commendation of Kael'thas/Moroes' Lucky Pocket Watch
For AoE Tanking: Darkmoon Card: Vengeance, Figurine of the Colossus

My most obvious trinket upgrades would be the Shadowmoon Insignia from BB and the purchase of a Gnomeregan Autoblocker and Icon of the Silver Crescent for extreme block and extreme threat situations, which I will probably purchase after working on an FR set.

I do not currently have a Fire Resist set for Illidan but I will be saving all badges earned to obtain one as fast as possible. I have 21 badges right now, and the badge grinding will commence soon.

Where are you from? I currently reside in St. Paul, Minnesota.

How old are you? I turned 20 on June 23 of this year.

Your Raid Experience:

I have Maintanked all of Karazhan, all but Zul'jin in Zul'Aman, High King Maulgar, Gruul, and Magtheridon. I have also tanked Razorgore the Untamed in Blackwing Lair, tanked Kurinnaxx and B'uru in the Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, and have explored Molten Core, though never tanked anything. As you already know, I have now also tanked Hyjal trash waves and done Rage, Anetheron, and Kaz'rogal. (I hear they fixed the infernals, by the way) I have tanked in the Fathom Lord Karathress fight in Serpentrshine Cavern.

On my frost mage, Valenvaryon, I have done Molten Core up through Geddon, done Zul'Gurub through Bloodlord Mandokir, done Kurinnaxx in Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj, cleared Karazhan, done all of Zul'Aman, High King Maulgar, Gruul, and Magtheridon. I have also done The Lurker Below and Morogrim Tidewalker in Serpentshrine Cavern and Void Reaver in Tempest Keep.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times. I am able to make your raid times as discussed above and I understand your looting system. I will be compliant with all rules as laid down by Peanutbutter and the other officers of Damage Done, and I agree to be as prepared as possible for raids. I understand that I may not always be needed, and I'm 100% willing to sit out for the betterment of the raid (Too many tanks on a fight usually means to little DPS, and that's a bad thing). I understand that things are not personal. I understand the mechanics and playstyle of the Prot Paladin and am an active member of the Maintankadin community (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/).

A Short Guild History: I have only ever been in one guild - Guns for Hire. The Guildmaster is a close personal friend of mine (Furbish) and I have known him for over 10 years. I am an officer of the guild and do a lot of the day-to-day things such as updating the website as well as leading and scheduling raids (though I do not lead ALL of the raids, I do lead a large majority of them). I have been in this guild since I logged in on Sunstrider Isle.

The reason you are applying to Damage Done. As you probably already know, I am friends in-game with many of your members. One of your former raiders and current members, Kamma, is actually my guildmaster's roommate, and I have been following Damage Done's progress through him and others for a long time. I admire the commitment that you make to progression and it has clearly worked and gotten you a long way. Many have encouraged me to apply.

Finally, tell us in one or two sentences why you would be a good addition to Damage Done.

I have a good sense of humor, but when it comes to progression and serious raiding, I don't like to screw around. I like to get things done and keep the ball rolling to make progress and have a fun time with my friends and guildmates.

My personal availability issues:

My availability really SUCKS for August. Until the 13th, I can't be available after 7 PM server time. The weekend of the 8th/9th/10th I'm attending my cousin's wedding. The weekend of the 15th/16th/17th I'm going on a family trip up north. After that I'm available to be online until 9 PM server time almost nightly and though I do start school shortly thereafter, it should not be a huge problem. This Sunday is the only day before that where I MIGHT be available but I'm not even 100% sure on that. Sundays are my best availability days overall after mid-August, and after that Tuesdays and Fridays work as well, though the earlier the start the better, as I will likely have to leave at 9 PM server time if not shortly thereafter every night.

Last edited by Petrus on Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Comotosis

Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:42 pm

oh shi-

how u tank god ?

You didn't list the block value of your "block value set" but like it really matters, I'm mostly just curious to see what is.

in b4 invite
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:47 pm

I'll check in a little bit, but it's in the high 700s, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:51 pm

FINALLY!
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 pm

posting in epic thread
Back to top Go down
theleos

theleos

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 6:55 pm

took you long enough.
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 7:39 pm

in b4 ginvite
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 8:53 pm

He killed my father and raped my mother...
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:18 pm

Success.
Back to top Go down
thereclaimer

thereclaimer

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:31 pm

THAT BLOCK VALUE ISN'T ENOUGH TO SOLO SHATTERED HALLS, GTFO.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:35 pm

thereclaimer wrote:
THAT BLOCK VALUE ISN'T ENOUGH TO SOLO SHATTERED HALLS, GTFO.

I don't have Jungle Stompers yet, which will help a little bit. An autoblocker would help as well, as would Panzarthar, but I don't have them. Once I get the stompers, I should also be able to use the righteousness libram instead of the HS one, which would be nice for my maintanking set. Bear boss has been REALLY stingy for us, giving only three pieces of loot in about three months that weren't Mask of Introspection. I literally could have had at least 10 of those damn things by now.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:44 pm

Since we currently have two prot paladin apps and no need for more than one, I'm curious to know what your ret set looks like, and if you're familiar with ret theorycraft.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 9:47 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
Since we currently have two prot paladin apps and no need for more than one, I'm curious to know what your ret set looks like, and if you're familiar with ret theorycraft.

I have complete Retribution and Holy sets - I'll get together a Warcrafter Sandbox of each and put it up for you soon. I am not all that familiar with Retribution theorycraft, however - I concern myself more with the tanking aspect than any other. I can't give exact stats for my ret gear, as I haven't specced it in a long time, but when unspecced and unbuffed I have about 1670 AP with 20% crit and I'm about 20 under hit cap. Spec would bump the AP to just over 1800 and put me at about 28% crit, I believe, unbuffed. I don't have the S4 gloves but I could spend my few arena points on them if necessary.

If you wish, I will attempt to familiarize myself with retribution theorycraft; however, I MUCH prefer tanking. I rolled the paladin to tank, as I have a mage if I want to dps.

Edit:

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/94708 This is my basic ret set, I'll update it after I check in game on gems and enchants, but that's the base gear I have.

http://www.warcrafter.net/sandbox/94705 This is my Holy set, which is better than my ret set. The mace still needs an enchant.

Edit 2: Fixed enchants on Warcrafter sandbox of my ret set, I just need to check in-game for some of my gems now.

Edit 3: The sandbox of my ret set is done, checked on the gems. I added the spec to it so you could see unbuffed stats while specced.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:57 pm

I should theoretically be available for the Sunday raid. I have something going on at about 11 AM server time that goes for about 3 hours, and might last longer, but I should be home in time to make the 2:45 server raid.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:26 am

Okay, Petrus, I'm going to have to turn you turn for a raid spot. Unfortunately, it just took too long to apply and we've acquired Rishana (who is very good), and Serayne is going to pull a Brett Favre and take the ret spot.

We can talk more about this in game.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin   [DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[DECLINED] Petrus - Protection Paladin
Page 1 of 1