Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I officially denounce this guild

Go down 
+18
Kornak
Korash
Xeos
Polarity
Rishana
taldra
Ichaerus
Damacus
Dimidréas
Honed
Petrus
Sixsicsix
Secondary
Malaese
Comotosis
Shelarahn
Vaslant
Peanutbutter
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Honed

I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:41 pm

Dimidréas wrote:
Honed wrote:
Secondary wrote:
Apparently I have the mentality of a 1.25 year old. That's crazy considering I've been in this guild since December and even with PB's current burning hate for our guild, he and most anyone would agree that I've done a lot more good through consistent attendance and good play than I have ever done anything with negative side effects tword DD.

Now get your guild-hopping ass the fuck up out mah forums.

And once again YOU ARE HAWT!!

Start to make me feel a bit unappreciated / jealous here brah : /

Cuz ur hot in the raunchy stick a finger in your butt way. Secondary is just Hawt.
Back to top Go down
Comotosis

Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:44 pm

There were a lot of stupid fags in Communism, however none of them made their way into my guild. The people that used to be in Communism but are now in DD aren't stupid fags. I could make a Venn diagram out of this shit. Stop talking about things you don't know shit about, Six.

Last edited by Comotosis on Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:44 pm

Sixsicsix wrote:
I am a giant fucking faggot who should've ended up as a blowjob or an ass fuck, please disregard what I say and remember that I have a mullet IRL and steal my sisters panties to wear out on my bar-hopping adventures.

AND THE TRUTH... SHALL SET YOU FREEEEEEEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:46 pm

Damacus wrote:
Sixsicsix wrote:
I am a giant fucking faggot who should've ended up as a blowjob or an ass fuck, please disregard what I say and remember that I have a mullet IRL and steal my sisters panties to wear out on my bar-hopping adventures.

AND THE TRUTH... SHALL SET YOU FREEEEEEEEEEE!
Full of win. Period.

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 1:55 pm

Wtf kind of crazy ass baker made a cookie-cutter like me?
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:02 pm

Ichaerus wrote:

The kind who watches Star Trek and eats his boogers?
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Ichaerus wrote:

the awesome kind?
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 4:38 pm

I like shel.

And to denounce a guild you're not even in anymore? As people have mentioned in past threads, the only people I have seen who are raging about shel seem to be people who don't even play the game anymore, let alone people who are in the guild.

Sure you were the GM, you quit, and what happens now in the guild is entirely up to the remaining officers discretion.

Your not in a position to make decisions anymore, by your own choice.
Back to top Go down
Polarity

Polarity

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:09 pm

Its to the point where the continued presence of Shel has made a group of people refuse to rejoin the guild when they come back. Personally, I cancelled my reservation for WotLK. Maybe if some IRL friends want to I'll restart playing and transfer to their server, but I'm done here. I don't think it's appropriate to be in a guild with someone who acts that way towards guildies.
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Polarity wrote:
Its to the point where the continued presence of Shel has made a group of people refuse to rejoin the guild when they come back.

Shucks, we were operating under the assumption that they were coming back at all. There go our plans.

Polarity wrote:
Personally, I cancelled my reservation for WotLK.

/GASP!

Polarity wrote:
Maybe if some IRL friends want to I'll restart playing and transfer to their server, but I'm done here.

Some people may hope that last part is literal.

Polarity wrote:
I don't think it's appropriate to be in a guild with someone who acts that way towards guildies.

guildies
Back to top Go down
Comotosis

Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Rishana wrote:
I like shel.

And to denounce a guild you're not even in anymore? As people have mentioned in past threads, the only people I have seen who are raging about shel seem to be people who don't even play the game anymore, let alone people who are in the guild.

Sure you were the GM, you quit, and what happens now in the guild is entirely up to the remaining officers discretion.

You shouldn't really berate PB on this premise. He pretty much is DD, even though he may be gone now. You wouldn't be here without him. He may be doing something dumb, but don't be dumb right back to his face. A lot of us still value his input, though we disagree with him here.

Polarity wrote:
Its to the point where the continued presence of Shel has made a group of people refuse to rejoin the guild when they come back. Personally, I cancelled my reservation for WotLK. Maybe if some IRL friends want to I'll restart playing and transfer to their server, but I'm done here. I don't think it's appropriate to be in a guild with someone who acts that way towards guildies.
I know you're pretty infamous for having shit for a sense of humor and thin butt skin, but I'll tell you the same I told PB. Come on dude. You're overreacting big time.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:02 pm

Well said Como. Can we just lock this circus?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:06 pm

Malaese wrote:
Well said Como. Can we just lock this circus?
Back to top Go down
Comotosis

Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:37 pm

I'd like to hear from PB beforehand.
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 9:40 pm

Well, he said he wouldn't post again until the fourth right? If you want to lock it, just unlock it then.
Back to top Go down
Polarity

Polarity

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:01 pm

Comotosis wrote:
Rishana wrote:
I like shel.

You shouldn't really berate PB on this premise. He pretty much is DD, even though he may be gone now. You wouldn't be here without him. He may be doing something dumb, but don't be dumb right back to his face. A lot of us still value his input, though we disagree with him here.

Polarity wrote:
I know you're pretty infamous for having shit for a sense of humor and thin butt skin, but I'll tell you the same I told PB. Come on dude. You're overreacting big time.

I'm closer to being infamous for not putting up with retarded shit. Outright blatant racism and trolling is for kids.
Back to top Go down
Comotosis

Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:02 pm

Still overreacting. Stop pulling agro.
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Comotosis wrote:
Stop pulling agro.

COMOTOSIS? NAY, MORE LIKE THE LOLBRINGER.
TK was fun times.
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:37 am

Comotosis wrote:

^^ This

We owe PB a lot of respect for what he built here. When he left though things were bound to change one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 9:22 am

I agree with Como. Yes, shel's a retarded douche but this is over-reacting a little imo.
Back to top Go down
Korash

Korash

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Damage Done has gotten as far as it has for several reasons:

1. Good Players
2. Good Raid Leaders
3. Lack of large scale drama

Much of this success occurred while PB was the guild leader and progression from KZ through Illidan has to be squarely laid at his feet, this is a fact that many of the more recent guild members should respect since their ability to raid BT and Sunwell came after many months of hard work by those that came before them.

Guilds come together for a lot of reasons and break up for nearly as many, but those that stay together do so because the members developed a sense of community and mutual respect for one another. In fact, many guilds persist across multiple platforms (I believe Dogma and it's original founders largely came from DAoC) because they have developed a good chemistry together as both gamers and people.

Guilds that manage this sort of community are the ones that garner loyalty among the members and are successful over the long term, those that don't tend to break apart fairly quickly and more often than not don't accomplish anything.

No one here or in the previous thread that went kablooey has ever argued that Shel is NOT a polarizing character, clearly he is. The more disturbing thing to me is that he seems to relish that fact and actively tries to inflame people. The defense of his actions, rather than their denunciation and censure, even once it's become clear that his rhetoric has crossed the line from joking into significantly darker territory is, I think, what PB has a real problem with.

Does he need to be kicked? Initially I would have said yes, however, it was the responsibility of guild leadership to jump on him earlier before things devolved as far as they did. Now I think he has divided the guild into "Old School" vs. "New School" and I think you guys are kind of stuck since a boot now may cause an exodus of the "New Schooler's".

Regardless I think that the type of behavior Shel has shown throughout this situation should give everyone pause when they consider the guilds future, if you want this guild to be the sort of community that will gather people together you should consider whether a someone who seems to genuinely enjoy causing drama really has a place in it.
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:49 pm

Uh... I don't think anyone would gquit over Shela being given the boot and though this may come as a shock, he doesn't really cause any significant drama in-game, which would be where it would cross into the realm of "effecting the raid-core" which is generally my primary concern. The closest would be when he decides to drive Petrus nuts over the certain charred remains of the combustible avian variety.

For myself at least, I see any kind of altercation on these forums on the same level as some kind of small personal tiff between family members because once I close the forums it has never effected my day from that point forward. They want to resolve it, they're more then welcome to put on their big boy pants and deal with it between themselves. I'm not going to play the deus ex machina because one person hit their serious business button and isn't going to let go.

If I'm fine with Xeos and his often-times extremely controversial religious views, then I'm fine with Shela. But if either started going out of their way to trickle it into the game, then I'd see a legitimate problem. But if it'd make you happy, I can start cracking the whip on every single statement made with what I deem to be full awareness of it's inflammatory nature. Might lighten the load by about half the total posts.
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2008 3:58 pm

Korash wrote:
Now I think he has divided the guild into "Old School" vs. "New School" and I think you guys are kind of stuck since a boot now may cause an exodus of the "New Schooler's".
Just to interject real quick: I do not see this either in-game or on the forums. Where do you come to this conclusion? I know, that basing your assumption just on posts in this thread alone, it would seem the "Old School" members are saying that PB isn't in the wrong fully, that he is over-reacting, and the "New School" is basically saying PB is "way" out of line on his initial post. But I have yet to see how this has divided even a single guild member from the bigger picture? They have their differences in opinion, yes, but I do not see anywhere that people feel that are on one side or another specifically. I just don't want people to see that statement and whole-heartedly agree that the guild has been divided into 2 sects based upon Shel's actions.

Just asking for a little clarification is all. Neutral

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Kornak

Kornak

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 10:00 am

Just to interject real quick: I do not see this either in-game or on the forums. Where do you come to this conclusion? I know, that basing your assumption just on posts in this thread alone, it would seem the "Old School" members are saying that PB isn't in the wrong fully, that he is over-reacting, and the "New School" is basically saying PB is "way" out of line on his initial post. But I have yet to see how this has divided even a single guild member from the bigger picture? They have their differences in opinion, yes, but I do not see anywhere that people feel that are on one side or another specifically. I just don't want people to see that statement and whole-heartedly agree that the guild has been divided into 2 sects based upon Shel's actions.

Just asking for a little clarification is all. Neutral

~ Sean[/quote]

First of all I think Tyranya is just guessing at the affairs of the guild. I think the way he came to that conclusion is because in PB's initial post there were a lot of replies along the lines of "you don't play anymore quitter gtfo" from members who only joined after or as PB left the game. But there were also posts of "PB you overreacting but we owe you for everything you did for us"
Back to top Go down
Kresh

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
Oh how the mighty have fallen

Oh, the irony...

I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 Theirony
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I officially denounce this guild   I officially denounce this guild - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I officially denounce this guild
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next