Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Town Hall Debate

Go down 
+8
Korash
- Z -
Damacus
Holyhoof
Dimidréas
Honed
Galt
Peanutbutter
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Korash

Korash

The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 5:30 pm

Barring Republican election Shenanigans (caging, "Fair" voting initiative in California) Barack Obama WILL be our next president. Learn to love it y'all!
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:36 am

Korash wrote:
Barring Republican election Shenanigans (caging, "Fair" voting initiative in California) Barack Obama WILL be our next president. Learn to love it y'all!

I think I recall hearing the same thing about Bush...Twice.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 8:38 am

Quote :
right-wing area of the country

You live in Bakersfield California, how can you claim that? The whole fucking coast from Canada to Mexico is about as blue as it gets, some rural parts of Oregon excluded.

Edit: As I suspected, in addition to living in the armpit of CA, you also live in the bleeding vagina surrounded by blue cotton panties. 2004 data below.

The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 County10
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:28 am

Not often you see self-inflicted hushmouth in the same post that its correcting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fuckyermother.com
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:36 am

galt made me giggle irl

and saying there aren't any strong right wing communities in california is simply stupid. Sorry we don't grow'em as big or dumb as some of the fellas in the south do out here, but damnit we're tryin'!
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:43 am

I didn't say there weren't communities. Peanutbutter claimed "right-wing part of the COUNTRY" have you ever heard anyone claim the WEST-COAST was right-wing?
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:12 am

Sorry, I meant "right-wing county." I know the state is solid blue thanks to its massive urban areas.

Kern County has a PVI of like +16 points in the R column and I have to tell you it has made my blood boil quite a bit over the last year to see how hugely I differ in point-of-view with them (hence the party affiliation change).
Back to top Go down
Almagest

Almagest

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:07 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
Sorry, I meant "right-wing county." I know the state is solid blue thanks to its massive urban areas.

Kern County has a PVI of like +16 points in the R column and I have to tell you it has made my blood boil quite a bit over the last year to see how hugely I differ in point-of-view with them (hence the party affiliation change).

I could say that that's why I left, but I moved to the Midwest, so I guess that arguement doesn't really work.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 am

Well the truth is I just followed the family tradition of going red and voting for Bush (since I turned 18 in 2000).

By 2004, when I was out on my own and married to a Democrat, I had serious doubts about my affiliation so I voted for Kerry and was a lot more progressive on issues. I started to feel awkward at work about extremely conservative views since I tended to have highly progressive viewpoints.

So I re-evaluated my own standing about a year ago and realized that I'm about as liberal as you can get on almost every issue except gun control, which I feel is really overblown. I didn't change my partisan ID for the primaries simply because I was certain Hillary would carry California and I wanted to vote for Ron Paul.

Fact is, I sat down and honestly considered what kind of political person I was and realized how wrong my views were growing up. I can admit that mistake and realize that judgment accounts for a lot more than experience in determining who is better equipped to handle a tough job. That's why I believe in Barack Obama and not John McCain.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:25 am

And Almagest, you should know that Indiana has the potential to go blue this year. While I'm not really sure what your leanings are in terms of the election (you'd probably go Obama by metrics by virtue of being highly educated), you have the ability to potentially help push it in either direction so consider yourself lucky. My vote is mostly just to take a stand (although Prop 8 is a pretty big issue in California right now).
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Imagine the frustration of a similar situation, throw in a heafty helping of baptist indoctrination deprogramming and the fact that no matter what your state's electoral votes will go to republicans in the end. /sigh
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 12:58 pm

It's certainly frustrating, but Texas is only sitting at like +6 or +8 R right now, which could show a trend to head blue for the first time since LBJ.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:25 pm

I wouldn't put money on it happening.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:25 pm

Sorry, I meant to say "in 2012."
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 2:36 pm

I dunno if they would take Obama over Palin in '12.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 3:55 pm

There's no way Palin will run successfully in 2012 if she loses this year because the clear consensus is she doesn't have the required skills to do the job and there's no way she'll win against the same guy four years later. I CAN see her potentially running against Murkowski in 2012 for her Senate seat (there's no way Palin would run for the House after being Governor). It's a Republican against Republican, but Palin's getting enough renown now to potentially pull it off, especially because Murkowski is a pro-choice Republican. If that works, she could use that momentum to run for President in 2016, when she'll be the party star and probably will be seen as having the cred to do the job.

For 2012, right now my money's on Huckabee.
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:01 pm

She's going to run, I didn't say anything about it being successful. I dunno if huckabee can beat her in the primaries either.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 5:58 pm

If she's smart she won't run. If Obama has a fairly successful first couple of years, she will absolutely not run.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:06 am

The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 2909496470_d751e8a3dc
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:51 am

Look at all the fun I've been missing. (OMG internets)
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 8:45 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
There's no way Palin will run successfully in 2012
Peanutbutter wrote:
successfully in 2012
Peanutbutter wrote:

Doesn't matter anyways, world ends in 2012 anyway
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 1:42 pm

Yeah, the Mayans ran out of room on the rock.

Last edited by Galt on Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:23 pm

lol I love you galt
Back to top Go down
Galt

Galt

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:32 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
If she's smart she won't run. If Obama has a fairly successful first couple of years, she will absolutely not run.

Looks like you might be right http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/10/palin.investigation/index.html
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 4:03 am

My favorite part is that the report was due (late) afternoon in a time zone that is one hour behind Pacific. So by the time the report is out, Olbermann has already done his broadcast. Maddow may pick it up if it's released at 5 Alaskan time, as well as the 6 PM network broadcasts. But the main thing is the majority of discussion panels won't really have anything to say about it yet.

Today was already a tough day for McCain because he finally decided he couldn't let the tone stay negative because of how much it alienates the Indies. Naturally, in trying to calm his supporters down from their radical comments ("Terrorist," "Kill Him," etc) he got booed from the crowd. He's in a very tough spot for not denouncing it a day or two ago, and it's not really his fault that people say it, but he hasn't done much up until now to quell it.

So McCain is in trouble with the Indies, gets in trouble with the base trying to run back to the Indies, and has a pretty lousy day because the Economy and the Stock Market still dominate the news. And when people wake up tomorrow to read the paper and watch the news, guess what story the MSM is going to be blaring (hint: Stock Markets are closed on Saturday)?

Of course, I don't feel bad for McCain. He has no message on the economy that would win so he's just throwing everything out he can. The funny thing is that the only stuff that's sticking is the character attacks... and they're only sticking to the base. What do you expect when you look like a knee-jerk reaction type of politician?

Oh, but wait. I better throw in some comment here about how he's still a patriot and a war hero in case I anger people for saying such cruel things about a "soldier and former POW." Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Town Hall Debate   The Town Hall Debate - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Town Hall Debate
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next