Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Windows Vista

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Petrus

Petrus

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:26 pm

IS SO GODDAMN AGGRAVATING RAAARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHH

Just installed a copy of Vista (64-bit) on my machine at work on a separate hard drive so I can test software on both XP and Vista. All I have to say is damn all those critics were mostly right. It's so irritating to do anything.

And who the hell had the bright idea of making the power button in the start menu NOT ACTUALLY TURN OFF THE COMPUTER?

Will update with more grievances as I discover them.

P.S. AAAAAAAAAH DAMN USER ACCOUNT CONTROL
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Vaslant

Vaslant

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:31 pm

Petrus wrote:
Will update with more grievances as I discover them.
Honestly, there isn't enough server space on the machine this site is being hosted on for the size this thread will be if you post out every issue you find.

Please save us from the torture of 30 sec page load times, 'cause you'll make the server QQ by the end of the day. Lol.

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
grak

grak

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:23 pm

I found the user account control shit so annoying I turned it off completely. Of course, it never stops reminding you that it thinks you're a dumbass. It's like getting insulted by a retarded kid.
Back to top Go down
Comotosis

Comotosis

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:41 pm

UAC is pretty annoying, but just turn it off. Vista is great otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 3:44 pm

I turned off UAC but it keeps telling me that it's a problem, something turned off UAC, TURN IT BACK ON TURN IT BACK ON RIGHT NOW

That and I have no way of permanently disabling device driver signing.
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Feardotpew

Feardotpew

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 2:21 am

Petrus wrote:
I have no way of permanently disabling device driver signing.

You permanently disable it by wiping your hard drive and installing Windows XP. I did it with my laptop. Fuck Vista. Fuck Vista in the gouche. Yes the gouche.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 11:10 am

If you dig online, there are ways of signing your own drivers, but it's a bunch of script monkey stuff and I don't trust it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Windows Vista Empty
PostSubject: Re: Windows Vista   Windows Vista I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Windows Vista
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: