Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football Plays to Remember

Go down 
+4
Peanutbutter
Reckface
Honed
Vaslant
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaslant

Vaslant

Football Plays to Remember Empty
PostSubject: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:15 pm

With the football season wrapping up in the coming weeks, I found something that kinda made me lol @ work. I srsly need to find something to do. Wow.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1785749/

ON TOPIC: When the ball is lateralled near the end and hits the ground, would that be considered a fumble, incomplete pass, or something else? Just a thought...

FOLLOW-UPS: Post any memorable plays you can think of that come to mind from any of the eras. Vids/Pix are welcomed! Very Happy

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:33 pm

It would be a fumble even if it was a legal backwards lateral. Cool video.
Back to top Go down
Reckface

Reckface

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Old vid is old. And Honed is right.

I wonder if that guy announcing knows if the game is over or not o.O
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 9:10 pm

Uh, I don't know about High school football, but in the NFL, a lateral that hits the ground is a live ball. I don't know if the ruling on the field would be a fumble or an "incomplete lateral" but if it drops, it's completely fair game to pick it back up and keep running or throwing it backwards/sideways.
Back to top Go down
Smolder

Smolder

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:31 pm

If a team worked on that lateral stuff actively they would be amazing to watch and probably very hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
Doomus

Doomus

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:18 am

No matter what level you play on unless maybe like Peewee there is no such thing as an incomplete lateral. If the ball drops moving backwards it is totally fair game.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:53 am

I remember seeing some cool plays, I'll look for youtube evidence.
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:20 am

I'm glad it took 5 of us to say the same thing! Razz

Go Eagles!
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 9:56 am

Honed wrote:
I'm glad it took 5 of us to say the same thing! Razz
I think I finally got it the 5th time, so yea. The reiteration was definitely helpful. I'd be lost w/o all yous guys.

<3

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Honed

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 am

Smolder wrote:
If a team worked on that lateral stuff actively they would be amazing to watch and probably very hard to beat.

In High School: Yes

In College or NFL: No, the game and its players become way too fast for this.
Back to top Go down
thereclaimer

thereclaimer

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football Plays to Remember   Football Plays to Remember I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Football Plays to Remember
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: