Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

@ ********'s

Go down 
+5
Necis
Slims
grak
Dimidréas
Feardotpew
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Feardotpew

Feardotpew

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 5:24 pm

This is a fantastic approximation of Wotlk PVE/PVP with incredible commentary and analogies. The opinions of the author do not exactly represent my own, but a good read nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 9:56 am

Feardotpew wrote:
This is a fantastic approximation of Wotlk PVE/PVP with incredible commentary and analogies. The opinions of the author do not exactly represent my own, but a good read nonetheless.

Good stuff all around.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Hmm. All I hear is "QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ!"

Funny how these rants never end with "...and that's why I'm cancelling my account."
Back to top Go down
Slims

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:38 pm

this is all true to the point of wanting to get gear that 70% of the population will never get. but besides the point, a good player will still beat a scrub in the same gear. plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 4:45 pm

To what effect though Slimms? If bad players can clear all content whats the point of being a good player?

I believe that is the true gist of that sentiment.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 5:49 pm

Necis wrote:
To what effect though Slimms? If bad players can clear all content whats the point of being a good player?

I believe that is the true gist of that sentiment.

i agree

for instance before 3.0 it was actually cool that we were at least attempting sunwell, because we were one a few guilds in the place, but as soon as 3.0 came out, everyone was like LOL illidan down and lots more guilds were giving sunwell a shot and being successful.
Back to top Go down
Slims

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 6:04 pm

I just got done reading some blue post. from what i can see, they just started from scratch with these "new" raids. roughly, since the beginning of BC, the population of the game has doubled to 11.5 mil (i still have my WoW box right before BC came out saying 5 mil ppl) Thats a lot of new players who haven't been past maybe SSC. Many of the great players now, have raided since MC/ZG Or lets say the beginning of BC for some late starters. They felt that the general population as a whole was lacking in raid experience. that is what i can pick up about why these raids have been pretty easy thus far.

The next raids are suppose to be above heroic naxx on normal. still, going from Sunwell, to this, i can still understand. achievements were put in as well to challenge these types of guilds who thought the current raids were to easy. pleasing both sides is always going to be the task at hand. make the game to hard and the bads qq. make it to easy and it gets boring for the vet players. im not sure what these "hard mode" quotes were referring to, the achievements, or what? but i know there gona be taking a jump in these later raids. look at it as WoW and BC put together. there going to try to put all that raid experience, and increase in difficulty in this one xpack.

one last thing is the saph fight. the idea is the 3 optional drakes. clearly, since we have not downed saph with 3 drakes its still not a simple task that any pug raid can do. major notice was taken from this fight and from the complaints that raids were to easy. expanding on the idea of saph is going to be a main key in future raids.

my point on the last post is to much qq little more stfu. MY guess is bads will still be able to do content in these next tier of raids, but its going to stop there. And also with the expanding of the saph idea, loot will be set accordingly to the difficulty you increase the fight. along with a heroic and normal mode.

ps. rish you avatar is freakin me out.
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:44 am

Honestly I think the only reason we haven't done three drakes yet is because of poor attendance over the holidays. We downed the two drake fight from forming the raid to the kill in about one hour. This is what is touted as being the "hard" content. I recall progression being much more of a pull your hair out of your skull and a burning desire to poke a guild mate in the eye for a raid wiping mistake kind of experience. Something that left you with a sense of accomplishment and pride. As far as the achievement points go, they might possibly, maybe be worth two shits if you actually got something for them other than a title you will be ashamed of when you see bads walking around with it or a recycled reskinned mount that is really not that cool.
Back to top Go down
Slims

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 1:56 am

true, but my post goes a little further then that. i dont know, maybe its just me. give it some time. if the next content patch blows then qq it all to hell. remember this naxx is the new kara. and they are both meant to be serious business. srsly. the only thing i really remember wiping on much in kara was nether spite and prince. i know i know, naxx is like you dont even do the wiping on anything, but remember, there doing this whole regressing thing.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:14 am

This is why I have an old school mount. Because they can dumb down content, but they will never bring back the Ivory Raptor.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:30 am

Slims wrote:
true, but my post goes a little further then that. i dont know, maybe its just me. give it some time. if the next content patch blows then qq it all to hell. remember this naxx is the new kara. and they are both meant to be serious business. srsly. the only thing i really remember wiping on much in kara was nether spite and prince. i know i know, naxx is like you dont even do the wiping on anything, but remember, there doing this whole regressing thing.

When TBC was released, Kara was cereal biz. Super.
And yes, it will always be hard to try and find a balance between the so called hardcores and casuals.
Currently, there is much that indicates a favorable swing in the casual direction, one that I and many others believes swings way to far. Case in point, full clear Naxx in <6 days from Wrath release.
On Gorgonnash.....
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:28 pm

It was a pug clear at that...
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 12:45 pm

Necis wrote:
a burning desire to poke a guild mate in the eye for a raid wiping mistake kind of experience.

i still get these Sad
Back to top Go down
Doomus

Doomus

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Well, I wouldn't really call it a pug seeing as it was DD/US/Havok so I mean all 10 of the players were pretty good players, so it wasn't like just a bunch of random scrubs.
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 2:48 pm

P = Pick
U = Up
G = Group

It was by every definition of the word a pug. Pug does not mean bad it just usually implies it. Ten players who did not frequently play together cleared current raid content.... that is all.
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 3:06 pm

I was there, it was a PUG. Good players but still a PUG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

@ ********'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ ********'s   @ ********'s I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

@ ********'s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: