Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wut?

Go down 
+2
Honed
Vaslant
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vaslant

Vaslant

wut? Empty
PostSubject: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:44 pm

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803096/

I'm probably a day late and a dollar short, but I say again... wut?

scratch

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Honed

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Huh...didn't hear about that either.
Back to top Go down
Honed

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:54 pm

Sorry to hijack your thread vaslant but it reminded me of a movie I wanted to link... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1029234/. If you can get a copy or a download of it and are into horror, watch it.
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:14 pm

'09 my ass.
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:21 pm

Dimidréas wrote:
69 my ass.
^ Fix't for Shel

Butt pirats arrr afoot!

But for realz, if you read some of those quotes from Blizz staff, kinda makes you wonder if they'll actually go through with it. It'd be interesting to see how they make the lore play out in the end and if in fact they force the Alliance to look like the good guys the whole time to appeal to a mass audience to bring in more benjies. Would piss off all the RPers if they changed a lot of the lore, I bet. Would has funny if that happened?

@ Honed: I can't actually view IMDB from work, so I'll check it out when I get home.

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:35 pm

The movie has been confirmed by Blizzard, they talked about it at Blizzcon
Back to top Go down
Honed

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:45 pm

I'd be amazed if they went through with it, but you never know. On second thought I did read the comments and they seem to think it might happen. You're probably spot on regarding the Alliance being the proverbial good guy in the movie though. It would be interesting to see where they would start from.
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 2:55 pm

Honed wrote:
I'd be amazed if they went through with it, but you never know. On second thought I did read the comments and they seem to think it might happen. You're probably spot on regarding the Alliance being the proverbial good guy in the movie though. It would be interesting to see where they would start from.
From Wikipedia:

Quote :
In August 2007, at BlizzCon, it was unveiled that the film will aim for a projected 2009 release. It was also revealed that the movie will take place from an Alliance perspective and will be geared towards a PG-13 audience, with a storyline set one year before the beginning of the World of Warcraft storyline. Also revealed was the 100 million dollar budget.
So looks like Horde will be the "enemy" in the film. I suppose it does make sense for a movie to be more appealing, seeing as their Arthas kills his own people and all. Horde in general do not seem to be as easily persuadable as dem "good gais," so to touch on the emotions of the viewers of the film, they would need someone to be the main character that they can relate to in some way. Gotta love how people go for what makes the most money these days, instead of maybe trying to please both "sides" of the game. IMO, make a movie from the Alliance perspective leading up to the next expansion [or unreleased lore], then do a 2nd movie form the Horde perspective leading up to the same timeframe, then come out with an epic finale to complete a trilogy where both sides collide and get involved in some final battle for their continued existence. I'd personally prefer it that way, from the perspective of a player of the game, especially since it doesn't fully grasp the entire storyline. But hey, I'm not the one pulling in over $2 billion a year, so I have no room to talk... Wink

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:12 pm

PG-13....

/meh
Back to top Go down
Honed

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 3:39 pm

I stand corrected!!

TBH I think a big issue will be the amount of storylines and how they are followed.
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:25 pm

The allies can be the good guys all they want, as long as we get several scene's where we beat their faces in.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:18 pm

You really think they'd do a mainstream movie about the Horde as the good guys? More time in makeup/costumes, increased budgets, and who is going to want to see a movie about Grok the Orc if they aren't into the game (and while the following is big, it won't be mainstream).

My bet is that a Night Elf female will play a huge role in the main story (protagonist or main supporting character).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wut? Empty
PostSubject: Re: wut?   wut? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wut?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: