Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The South Will Rise Again

Go down 
+3
grak
Dimidréas
Shelarahn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

The South Will Rise Again Empty
PostSubject: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Quote :
RUSSIAN ANALYST PREDICTS DECLINE AND BREAKUP OF USA
Tue Nov 25 2008 09:04:22 ET

A leading Russian political analyst has said the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the country is heading for collapse, and will divide into separate parts.

Professor Igor Panarin said in an interview with the respected daily IZVESTIA published on Monday: "The dollar is not secured by anything. The country's foreign debt has grown like an avalanche, even though in the early 1980s there was no debt. By 1998, when I first made my prediction, it had exceeded $2 trillion. Now it is more than 11 trillion. This is a pyramid that can only collapse."

The paper said Panarin's dire predictions for the U.S. economy, initially made at an international conference in Australia 10 years ago at a time when the economy appeared strong, have been given more credence by this year's events.

When asked when the U.S. economy would collapse, Panarin said: "It is already collapsing. Due to the financial crisis, three of the largest and oldest five banks on Wall Street have already ceased to exist, and two are barely surviving. Their losses are the biggest in history. Now what we will see is a change in the regulatory system on a global financial scale: America will no longer be the world's financial regulator."

When asked who would replace the U.S. in regulating world markets, he said: "Two countries could assume this role: China, with its vast reserves, and Russia, which could play the role of a regulator in Eurasia."

Asked why he expected the U.S. to break up into separate parts, he said: "A whole range of reasons. Firstly, the financial problems in the U.S. will get worse. Millions of citizens there have lost their savings. Prices and unemployment are on the rise. General Motors and Ford are on the verge of collapse, and this means that whole cities will be left without work. Governors are already insistently demanding money from the federal center. Dissatisfaction is growing, and at the moment it is only being held back by the elections and the hope that Obama can work miracles. But by spring, it will be clear that there are no miracles."

He also cited the "vulnerable political setup", "lack of unified national laws", and "divisions among the elite, which have become clear in these crisis conditions."

He predicted that the U.S. will break up into six parts - the Pacific coast, with its growing Chinese population;The South, with its Hispanics; Texas, where independence movements are on the rise; the Atlantic coast, with its distinct and separate mentality; five of the poorer central states with their large Native American populations; and the northern states, where the influence from Canada is strong.

He even suggested that "we could claim Alaska - it was only granted on lease, after all." Panarin, 60, is a professor at the Diplomatic Academy of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and has authored several books on information warfare.

Hell yeah
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Doubt this will come to pass anytime s00n™.
Would make for great news broadcasts to watch though.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:01 pm

Internal violent collapse of any heavily nuclearized nation seems improbable for the same reasons that the Cold War didn't result in hostilities: mutually assured destruction. In the only major counter-example, the breakup of the USSR was relatively bloodless.

And even if the US did break up, I predict an East-West split for this very reason: all the nuclear weapons are sited in the northern US as a result of Cold War posturing. Sorry Shel, the South will not rise again because the North will whoop even more ass in round 2.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:03 pm

So no Dixie Land...?

Sad
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:07 pm

You'll have to fight me and mine if you want it that bad. I'll be holed up in the Cabela's sporting goods store 1/2 mile from my house with virtually unlimited guns and ammo if you want to try.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:10 pm

The article says The South with its Hispanic population... which South are we talking about here? Southwest US (California, NM, AZ, TX) or Florida? Are there a lot of Hispanics in Hickland, because if there are, the South rising will be pretty much nothing like 1861.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:14 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
The article says The South with its Hispanic population... which South are we talking about here? Southwest US (California, NM, AZ, TX) or Florida? Are there a lot of Hispanics in Hickland, because if there are, the South rising will be pretty much nothing like 1861.

I don't know, but I doubt it would include the Southwest, since there would be a huge division in the country due to Texas
Back to top Go down
Dimidréas

Dimidréas

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:

Mexican rednecks?

/boggle
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 7:46 pm

this post made me chuckle, but not nearly as much as this one:

Dear Red States:

We've decided we're leaving. We intend to form our own country, and we're taking the other Blue States with us. In case you aren't aware, that includes California, Hawaii, Oregon, Washington, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois and the entire Northeast. We believe this split will be beneficial to the nation, and especially to the people of the new country of New California.

To sum up briefly: You get Texas, Oklahoma and all the slave states. We get stem cell research and the best beaches. We get the Statue of Liberty. You get Dollywood. We get Intel and Microsoft. You get WorldCom. We get Harvard.

You get Ole' Miss. We get 85 percent of America's venture capital and entrepreneurs. You get Alabama. We get two-thirds of the tax revenue, you get to make the red states pay their fair share.

Since our aggregate divorce rate is 22 percent lower than the Christian Coalition's, we get a bunch of happy families. Please be aware that Nuevo California will be pro-choice and anti-war, and we're going to want all our citizens back from Iraq at once. If you need people to fight, ask your evangelicals.

With the Blue States in hand, we will have firm control of 80 percent of the country's fresh water, more than 90 percent of the pineapple and lettuce, 92 percent of the nation's fresh fruit, 95 percent of America's quality wines (you can serve French wines at state dinners) 90 percent of all cheese, 90 percent of the high tech industry, most of the U.S. low-sulphur coal, all living redwoods, sequoias and condors, all the Ivy and Seven Sister schools plus Stanford, Cal Tech and MIT.

With the Red States, on the other hand, you will have to cope with 88 percent of all obese Americans (and their projected health care costs), 92 percent of all U.S. mosquitoes, nearly 100 percent of the tornadoes, 90 percent of the hurricanes, 99 percent of all Southern Baptists, virtually 100 percent of all televangelists, Rush Limbaugh, Bob Jones University, Clemson and the University of Georgia. We get Hollywood and Yosemite, thank you.

Additionally, 38 percent of those in the Red states believe Jonah was actually swallowed by a whale, 62 percent believe life is sacred unless we're discussing the death penalty or gun laws, 44 percent say that evolution is only a theory, 53 percent that Saddam was involved in 9/11 and 61 percent of you crazy bastards believe you are people with higher morals then we lefties.

Finally, we're taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico

Peace out, Blue States.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:01 pm

Even if any of that were true, I'd still live there
Back to top Go down
Kornak

Kornak

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:23 pm

All of that is true...so why would you want to live there?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:29 pm

There's nothing wrong with any of it, because none of that is true (aside from hurricanes and shit.)
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:33 pm

Also Damacus' post is about Red vs. Blue states, I'm talking about The South (i.e. Lousiana, Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennesee, Kentucky, North and South Carolina, Virginia, and Georgia.)
You can have Florida

This pretty much

The South Will Rise Again Civilwarmap
Back to top Go down
Honed

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 9:54 am

Damacus wrote:
this post made me chuckle, but not nearly as much as this one:

Dear Red States:

Finally, we're taking the good pot, too. You can have that dirt weed they grow in Mexico

Peace out, Blue States.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 11:47 am

i posted that as a bulletin on my myspace page as a joke, I don't really feel THAT much hatred towards the reddies, and some dipshit wrote a fucking novel trying to dissect the "letter"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The South Will Rise Again   The South Will Rise Again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The South Will Rise Again
Page 1 of 1