Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior

Go down 
+5
Thop
- Z -
Shelarahn
Petrus
Varrius
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Varrius

Varrius

[Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:39 am

PVE Talent Spec 11/5/45 got improved thunder clap for multiple mob tanking. Sometimes i spec 8/5/48.

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Varrius
Stats (Unbuffed)
-- REMOVE THE UNNECESSARY TEXT --
HP:16489 working on badge legs atm tho

TANKS ONLY (Druids may remove Parry, Non-Paladins may remove Spell Damage)
Armor:17704
Dodge:21.48%
Parry:17.07
Block:21.42
Block Value:322
Expertise:25
Spell Damage:

PHYSICAL DPS ONLY (Hunters may remove Expertise)
AP:758
Hit:76
Crit:16.6%
Haste:
Expertise:25

CASTERS ONLY (Healers may remove damage, DPS may remove Healing)
Damage (appropriate schools):
Healing:
Mp5 (while casting):
Hit:
Crit:
Haste:

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor?
No just started the quest Sad could get a neck made with same resist tho.
A shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz? (any pieces?)
have mats farmed if need just need hearts and voids
A fire resist set for Illidan? (tanks only, all others can delete this line)
no Sad could have it in a day or so
What is your trinket set-up? Do you need any obvious upgrades? (DST, HSH, etc?)
comnendation of kael'thus and moroes lucky pocket watch. if more stam is needed i use spyglass of hidden fleet instead of moroes lucky pocket watch.
Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?)
Montana,USA and yes i do
How old are you?
Do you have a mic/headset for vent?
yep
Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc?
yes Xperl omen bongos have it all
Raid Experience
tanking all of mags,kara,gruul,5/6 ssc 1/4tk as my mage 5/5 MH and 8/9 BT
Guild History
my warrior is a transfer
Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times
yes
Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated here
yep have flask and pots and well feds ready to go
Reason(s) for applying
i just want to make a last push to see content before wotlk. Guild I was raiding in with my mage hasn't raided in two weeks and i am very bored willing to do whatever it takes to see illy go down and sunwell Razz
Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done
Good raid times, trying to make a final push through sunwell and plus I don't stand in fire and wipe raids Smile
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:48 am

A couple quick questions: Why T4 legs when badge legs are better and why the Bulwark of the Ancient Kings? I understand you're an armorsmith, but that piece just really doesn't work well for tanking. After 3.0 it'll be a little bit better, but the badge chest(s) will all still win.
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:52 am

The chestpiece is actually kind of legit
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 am

If it is, then my mistake, but I was under the impression that it was a much more DPS-oriented chestpiece.

P.S. in before "omgitsatauren"
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:04 pm

Like I think i said I have been playing my mage lately and i am working on badge pants. And for the chest set stam is good and the plus hit is really nice so my yellow attacks don't miss which is more threat gen. And plus the cd is nice to stack with last stand 1500 hp is nice. so overall it is a stam/threat chest not a avoidance chest. Hope that answers your questions
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:26 pm

Thank you for your application and interest in our guild.

I have a few questions for you: What is your guild history? Being a transfer is fine, but we still need to know your WoW history. On that note, what guild is your mage in? Why did you stop tanking on your warrior? Which character do you consider to be your main? I am really not a fan of players who keep multiple characters (that they play regularly) spread across different servers. Applying to a guild because you're "bored" doesn't exactly seem like the best of reasons, especially when that guild is working through Sunwell, and your character is in T4. I am not saying that we won't consider your application or accept you, but inviting someone to a guild who will be around and interested in raiding with us for the next month and a half is not a smart investment. If accepted, do you plan on staying with us through WotLK and (possibly) beyond?
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Guild history.. I was gm of a guild on a shitty low pop server where no one wanted to raid. I took 25 people with a group of friends from greens/kara blues to 5/6 ssc 1/4 tk in 3 weeks. That was back in April/May. At that time we were 3rd most progressed horde guild at the time. Reckless Ambition was the name and ended cause we couldn't get the people to make the push lost a lot of people to summer. After that I took the summer off and did some causal pvp to pass time since a lot of my buddies were still playing on that server so i didn't transfer. A month and a half ago i transferred my warrior here to hope to get raiding again and no guilds took me so i went back to pvping sometimes. Then I seen a lot of guilds were lf mages so I thought what the hell i am bored of pvp(that is what i meant by bored not as if i am bored of the game. i love to raid and hate pvp druids are to op.) and my mage got accepted into rehab about 3 weeks ago when i transferred over which hasn't raided in two weeks and all i want to do is raid and do what i can to help guilds progress. Hope that answer guild history and the reason i stop tanking. My main toon is my warrior he was the one i pvp with somewhat when i did do lil pvp and i have been waiting and waiting to find a home from him and will be my main for wotlk and would be more then happy to push with this guild into ice crown(if that is were arthas is) Smile I just stop playing him and start my mage cause that was either do that or don't raid. Ty for your time and I will be happy to answer any more questions.
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:06 pm

sorry i have a typo...greens/blues is what i meant not greens/kara blues
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:17 pm

What is your mage's name?
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 1:22 pm

Salynn is his name i have been online every night for that last 2 weeks for raid and we have 15 people online tops it gets really old
Back to top Go down
Thop
Officer
Officer
Thop

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 3:23 pm

Varrius wrote:
My main toon is my warrior he was the one i pvp with somewhat when i did do lil pvp and i have been waiting and waiting to find a home from him and will be my main for wotlk and would be more then happy to push with this guild into ice crown(if that is were arthas is) Smile I just stop playing him and start my mage cause that was either do that or don't raid. Ty for your time and I will be happy to answer any more questions.

I'm not usually one to play the part of grammar policeman, but this has to win some sort of award for longest run-on sentence EVER!

Not trying to berate you, but I just thought it was kinda funny. Good luck on your app. Smile
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:15 pm

I ran a H MgT with your mage today. While I did not get a sense of you personally, as I do not recall you typeing much I assume you rehab guys were in vent, you seemed to be a competent player.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:18 pm

I actually ran a ZA with you the other day on my mage. Your threat was indeed pretty good and you were certainly better than Bonopo (hey, at least you had Omen). Performed pretty admirably on some LONG fights (i.e. Eagle and Dragonhawk).
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:23 pm

Rofl. Oh man... such high praise from Necis and Petrus.

Another bonus, you seem to know how to gem and enchant your characters (omg boar's speed!). If you're around, I will talk to you in game tonight. At this point we are looking at you as a prospective off-tank (it's nothing personal, but I hear Brutallus hits T4 tanks pretty hard).
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 4:27 pm

Ya I will be around tonight. And I was just thinking if getting boar speed on my boots today actually.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:05 pm

Petrus wrote:
...and you were certainly better than Bonopo...
Nothing against the new app, but Bonopo is hardly worthy of a measuring standard.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 5:12 pm

- Z - wrote:
but I hear Brutallus hits T4 tanks pretty hard).

shit, that sucks for me Sad
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:06 pm

Well, despite his seemingly good gear, Bonopo is crushable and didn't have omen, leading half the raid to leave after the first pull and screwing us out of anything more than one timer, which we managed on an 6+ minute eagle kill with 8 people.
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 7:49 pm

Why not 3/3 imp Dstance? IMO better use of the point than imp shield wall or take out an imp HS for it.
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 10:03 pm

Ya this was a spec i just threw together for za at last min. Usually I go with a 7/5/49 spec and get 3/3 imp def but for za i thought i would try something new with imp thunder clap and messed up prot spec cause i was being summoned. with 7/5/49 i go 3/3 imp def an 2/2 shield wall but i would fix that just haven't done that yet by going 11/5/45 or with taking one out of shield wall since i would be OT would putting it into imp def.
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:31 pm

What are you rplans for your mage? Do you intend to leave him in and or continue to raid with your current guild when they resume?
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2008 6:51 pm

If accepted I would have my mage join DD also if you allow alts and just use him to farm gold.
Back to top Go down
Varrius

Varrius

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:56 am

Just an update on my mage. He is now guildless and just sitting around shatt Razz
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:27 pm

Are you no longer interested in applying? I have sent you several bevies of tells and received no reply in return.
Back to top Go down
Feardotpew

Feardotpew

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:38 pm

I absolutely love this guy. Been raiding with him for months now. Can I abuse my guild membership privileges yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior   [Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Varrius-tauren prot warrior
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next