HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

New mic and mice [looking for advice]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Demoniack

PostSubject: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:38 pm

I'm getting a new mic and mouse for my birthday and I need advices on what to (not) buy.

For the mic I'm going with:Logitech Digital Precision PC Gaming Headset

For the mouse I'm going with: Logitech G5 or Logitech MX518
Laser or Optic?
I'll go with MX518 because it's bigger and I have big hands... cheers

Advice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:57 pm

I use the MX518. It's a good mouse, but gets dirty very easily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Galt

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:18 pm

I saw the topic and was thinking "Logitech USB headset and a MX518."

Looks like you are already there. /thread
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
PB

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 pm

I never got that particular headset, fyi, so I dunno how good it is. I have a really nice, Plantronics USB one that cost about the same, so hopefully the quality is similar.

Def. go with the USB ones, though.
Back to top Go down
Galt

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:44 pm

Upon further looking at that headset its kinda weird. Its like over ear headphones but they are open which sort of defeats the purpose of the over ear design. I would look for some enclosed over ear ones. Plantronics is a good brand too but tend to be a little pricier than logitech, get what you pay for though. The mic is nice on that one, stay away from ones with the foam wind screen, they deteriorate and end up with you sounding like you're talking while skydiving.

If I were getting one today I would get something like this if not this one exactly.
http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-Surround-Gaming-Headset-770/dp/B000VEHT7W/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1215808883&sr=1-8
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:29 pm

I can't seem to find the headset you listed from a store nearby my house, but I find those 2 headsets:

- Plantronics Multimedia Stereo PC Headset

- Plantronics Closed-Ear Gaming PC Headset

Opinions?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:19 pm

I have A4 tech X7 Mouse.. you can change the dpi with a button on the top of the mouse. Cost like 50 or 60 if i remember right off of newegg and Yea mine gets dirty pretty easy too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:24 pm

MX518 changes dpi at a button too.
Back to top Go down
Galt

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:03 pm

Demoniack wrote:
I can't seem to find the headset you listed from a store nearby my house, but I find those 2 headsets:

- Plantronics Multimedia Stereo PC Headset

- Plantronics Closed-Ear Gaming PC Headset

Opinions?

The second one for the enclosed over ear design.
Back to top Go down
PiratePants001

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:04 pm

i used that headset for a long time, it just hangs on your ears and its a killer after a few hours.

edit: the first one demoniac linked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petrus

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:10 pm

I had a plantronics one that I threw across the room when I was really pissed at Saintype once (because he was qqing over someone else's loot on Curator) and it broke, but it had pretty nice sound. Got uncomfortable after a few hours though. I'd go Logitech.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:31 pm

So ya the headset I got is not USB... so it doesn't work (can't record my voice and when I plug it, my speaker stop from working (was the same problem with my old headset non USB)).

My speaker are not usb either, it's a green jack, and my Headset is Green (ear) and pink (voice) jacks that go in the front of my pc.

All I can think now is buying a Y adapter to make the green and pick jack into a USB... Sad

Edit: I tried to use 2 other headset non-USB and i can hear the sound but cant talk (and my speaker stop from working too). I also tried my new headset (and my old) on my brother comp and it's the same problem. But the headerset #3 (some cheap ass headset) non-USB work on my brothers pc but not mine.

I don't know a shit at building PC but is it possible they forgot a voice card or what ever on the sound card? The only problem is the voice, taht only works on USB (my webcam).

HALP

p.s. I'm buying an adapter soon.

Edit2: The name of my sound card is SoundMax HD Audio and my mother board is p5k-e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necis
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:51 pm

your jack on your PC may have gone bad. If that is the case getting an adapter and moving it to a USB port should fix the trouble.

Galt

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:51 pm

... why didn't you get a USB headset?
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:15 pm

Galt wrote:
... why didn't you get a USB headset?
my dad is an idiot.

Necis wrote:
your jack on your PC may have gone bad. If that is the case getting an adapter and moving it to a USB port should fix the trouble.
I read on some forum that my sound card and motherboard might have a problem working together; I don't have the disc and can't find the pilote on the internet (even the website is crap).

I also read on forum that an adapter going dual jack to USB doesnt exist... and the only thing I found was a big adapter at 50$...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smolder

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:41 pm

1. Return Headset
2. Buy USB Headset
3. ????
4. Profit!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:47 pm

Demoniack wrote:
my dad is an idiot.

Should've asked him "What am I supposed to do with this? Wipe my ass?"
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:52 pm

Smolder wrote:
1. Return Headset
2. Buy USB Headset
3. ????
4. Profit!
well the next best usb headset i can find is that crap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:21 pm

That headset isn't bad, you should see what I've had for three years. A less than perfect, working headset is always better than no headset at all.
Back to top Go down
Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:27 pm

Whats wrong with the one you linked demoniack? I had that one for a couple years until I frayed the cord somehow and the mic stopped working, other than that it was great. Pretty comfortable too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:35 pm

I bought new USB headset and I have a lot of problems.

-I can't listen to iTunes in my headset
-I can't listen to pc (ie: wow) in my speaker and headset in the same time (have to configure wich I want on wow)
My speaker is SoundMax HD Audio, and my headset is on USB device (in wow option)

Help.

Last edited by Demoniack on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necis
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Why would you want to listen to wow through both your headset and speakers? I listen to WoW through my speakers and only voice chat in my headset. As far as Itunes goes did you have your headset plugged in before you started the ap? USB devices arent chosen as prefered after the program has been started.

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:50 pm

Necis wrote:
Why would you want to listen to wow through both your headset and speakers?
I mean I have to change the sound option each time I use my headset it's gay...

Necis wrote:
As far as Itunes goes did you have your headset plugged in before you started the ap? USB devices arent chosen as prefered after the program has been started.
I restarted my iTunes and now I can only hear music in my headset...

When I want to listen iTunes music frpm my speaker I have to unplug the headset before opening iTunes (and pluging it when I want to hear it in my headset)
Same for WoW but I can change the option in the Voice panel.

Last edited by Demoniack on Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necis
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:56 pm

Thats the nature of a USB device Ben. Set your WoW sound options to system default, plug in your headset before you start wow when you want to use them.

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 pm

Necis wrote:
Thats the nature of a USB device Ben. Set your WoW sound options to system default, plug in your headset before you start wow when you want to use them.
Ok, I'll live with it =/

thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New mic and mice [looking for advice]   

Back to top Go down

New mic and mice [looking for advice]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next