HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:38 pm

Your raid talent spec: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IVMrrRfkVtbZ0bZxx0tr0z

Completely willing to respec to Destro at your request.

Your relevant stats for raiding:

1248 Spell Damage
199 Hit Rating
114 Crit Rating

I've found that Hit Rating and Crit. Rating hasnt been entirely necessary with this build initially but once I did a few tweaks with the build it turned out great for T6 Raiding.

Your raid experience: Full Clear of Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridon, 4/4 TK, 3/6 SSC, 3/8 BT and 1/5 for Hyjal.

As far as the T6 Raiding goes, I've read up and studied alot of the fights but yet to see alot of them due to being in a non-progression guild for quite a long time. My High-end raiding experience has been with friends that needed to pick up some DPS to complete the group with their guild. I'm really hoping to learn these fights and progress to downing Illidan and getting sufficient stats to raid Sunwell with a great guild such as this.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times: I understand in full and agree to the terms and times that this guild as in place.

Two major upgrades to your gear for your class/spec from MH/BT, and why they are a large upgrade:

Robes of Rhonin

Chronicle of Dark Secrets

Perfect combination of Hit Rating and Crit. Rating so I can start removing my Spell Hit/Spell Damage gems and begin stacking Haste/Spell Damage.

A short guild history: DKI, Shards of Darkness, Ronin Depths and currently in Strength in Numbers.

The reason you are applying to Damage Done: I'm hoping to join a community of raiders that are focused on progression. A large duration of the time that I've spent playing WoW I've been with DKI. I was a raid leader for the guild for quite some time and just as we started moving the entire guild to T5 raiding the guild collapsed due to several issues. The core raiders, including myself had joined with Strength in Numbers. I've found that one T5 Raid a week doesnt fit my needs and schedule. My profession allows me alot of spare time and I've found that time being put into raiding.

Finally, tell us in one or two sentences why you would be a good addition to Damage Done: I'm a determined, hard-working, devoted raider that is willing and open to anything and everything. I have a VERY flexible schedule and will accomodate for the raid times and I'm aiming for 100% raid attendance depending if you need me.

Cheers! Very Happy
~ Mediator


Last edited by Mediator on Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

avatar

Posts : 565
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 27
Location : Quebec, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Do you seriously use that build for raiding? Because it's horrible... The only reason to spec Affliction at T6 content is to get 3/3 Malediction and 5/5 Shadow Embrace, and you are wrong on crit and spell hit, this build req more crit and hit than a UA, and hit should be the most important stat for any spec.

I don't see why you choose a fail robe like Rhonin in your 2 BEST UPGRADE, if you need hit you can get it with better item slot or even gem for it. (Ironic I know)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Demoniack wrote:
Do you seriously use that build for raiding? Because it's horrible... The only reason to spec Affliction at T6 content is to get 3/3 Malediction and 5/5 Shadow Embrace, and you are wrong on crit and spell hit, this build req more crit and hit than a UA, and hit should be the most important stat for any spec.

I don't see why you choose a fail robe like Rhonin in your 2 BEST UPGRADE, if you need hit you can get it with better item slot or even gem for it. (Ironic I know)

Perhaps I explained it badly...

The build really works, but if need be I will re-spec for the guild.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

avatar

Posts : 565
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 27
Location : Quebec, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:13 pm

Mediator wrote:
Demoniack wrote:
Do you seriously use that build for raiding? Because it's horrible... The only reason to spec Affliction at T6 content is to get 3/3 Malediction and 5/5 Shadow Embrace, and you are wrong on crit and spell hit, this build req more crit and hit than a UA, and hit should be the most important stat for any spec.

I don't see why you choose a fail robe like Rhonin in your 2 BEST UPGRADE, if you need hit you can get it with better item slot or even gem for it. (Ironic I know)

Perhaps I explained it badly...

The build really works, but if need be I will re-spec for the guild.
0/0/0 works too.

Please explain me why you don't get 3/3 Malediction, explain me why you dont have atleast 3/5 Shadow Embrace, explain me why you have 2 point in Demonic embrace. The only reason to spec like that is for utility spec.. If you don't get the utility it's just a loss in your DPS. 0/21/40 will be higher DPS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:28 pm

Demoniack wrote:
Mediator wrote:
Demoniack wrote:
Do you seriously use that build for raiding? Because it's horrible... The only reason to spec Affliction at T6 content is to get 3/3 Malediction and 5/5 Shadow Embrace, and you are wrong on crit and spell hit, this build req more crit and hit than a UA, and hit should be the most important stat for any spec.

I don't see why you choose a fail robe like Rhonin in your 2 BEST UPGRADE, if you need hit you can get it with better item slot or even gem for it. (Ironic I know)

Perhaps I explained it badly...

The build really works, but if need be I will re-spec for the guild.
0/0/0 works too.

Please explain me why you don't get 3/3 Malediction, explain me why you dont have atleast 3/5 Shadow Embrace, explain me why you have 2 point in Demonic embrace. The only reason to spec like that is for utility spec.. If you don't get the utility it's just a loss in your DPS. 0/21/40 will be higher DPS.

I'll be honest here man, I was planning on re-spec'ing to Destro for T6 raiding and if you guys want me to do it I most certainly will.

I was spec'd this way for a long time, it was clearly based on a 40/21 Afflict/Destro build and it was doing so well that I didnt respec to 0/21/40.

I dont want this application to turn into anything hostile, clearly there are MUCH better items for me other than Rhonin but its definately a clear upgrade, which was what the question asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

avatar

Posts : 2012
Join date : 2007-12-09
Location : Surrounded by primitive screwheads

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:26 am

I think what Demoniack is asking is why you chose your current spec. If you are planning on changing to 21/40 Destro, why didn't you app as such? What does this build offer that deep affliction or destruction doesn't?

_________________
I don't know why my girlfriend gets so mad at me for always being right, I don't get mad at her for always being wrong.
Zyzzx - 80 Shadow Priest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miotch



Posts : 41
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:36 am

- Z - wrote:
I think what Demoniack is asking is why you chose your current spec. If you are planning on changing to 21/40 Destro, why didn't you app as such? What does this build offer that deep affliction or destruction doesn't?

A lack of deepz. Razz

Canuckiack is right though. Would've understood a raiding felguard spec more than a affl/ruin build.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sierramist

avatar

Posts : 29
Join date : 2008-07-02
Location : Florence, OR

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:40 am

I know his spec is akward now but to just say from first hand experience with him in some raids, he plays it rather well and his dps is up there. just my 2 cents, dont mind me much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:34 am

sierramist wrote:
I know his spec is akward now but to just say from first hand experience with him in some raids, he plays it rather well and his dps is up there. just my 2 cents, dont mind me much.

Thanks Roy Smile

- Z - wrote:
I think what Demoniack is asking is why you chose your current spec. If you are planning on changing to 21/40 Destro, why didn't you app as such? What does this build offer that deep affliction or destruction doesn't?

I chose my spec because of exactly this:

I started out with this spec at 70 as a 40/0/21 and moved the two points from Shadow Embrace to Demonic Embrace because I felt that the Stamina would benefit the build more than 2% physical damage reduction from the target.

The reason I did not spec into either Shadow Embrace or Malediction is because the effects dont stack with more than one lock, the build is for raw damage and in my group I've always had a 2nd, 3rd or 4th Warlock there that was spec'd the same as you Demoniack. This is something different obviously and it works very well.

I havent changed this spec because in the end I'm usually dealing more damage than the people that are spec'd as 0/21/40.

Just trust me on this one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:53 am

sierramist wrote:
dont mind me much

A sacrifice I am willing to make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:53 am

I'm extremely curious how you would manage to do MORE damage than similarly geared Destro locks. Your hit is basically capped, so yes, I can see how you feel you 'don't need any.' However, you have 0 haste and at a whopping 18.24% crit on Shadowbolt, you claim 200% damage bolts do more damage than Unstable Affliction?

I'll buy that you don't want to 'overlap' with Malediction/Shadow's Embrace at the T5 level, but we don't run a single Affliction lock because Destruction scales significantly better with gear, and Malediction/Shadow's Embrace just aren't worth it. Yes Shadowbolt cannon is boring, but it's effective, and we'd most likely take only 2 shadow locks and ask the rest to go fire.

THAT SAID, I really don't see how you can sustain higher damage than UA with your extremely low crit (on the order of 10% lower than some of our locks).

Be ready around 615 today. You 'may do well' as your spec and may have beaten other locks in the past, but this isn't a contest of who can push their buttons better. The theorycraft definitely shows that 0/21/40 is the way to spec for maximum damage at high levels of gear. We may drag you along just to see how you do in the spec you've chosen, but I seriously don't expect it to last (by the same token, you'll probably be pseudo-gimped for a while if you try to spec Destruction with 18% sbolt crits, but your call there).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:59 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
I'm extremely curious how you would manage to do MORE damage than similarly geared Destro locks. Your hit is basically capped, so yes, I can see how you feel you 'don't need any.' However, you have 0 haste and at a whopping 18.24% crit on Shadowbolt, you claim 200% damage bolts do more damage than Unstable Affliction?

I'll buy that you don't want to 'overlap' with Malediction/Shadow's Embrace at the T5 level, but we don't run a single Affliction lock because Destruction scales significantly better with gear, and Malediction/Shadow's Embrace just aren't worth it. Yes Shadowbolt cannon is boring, but it's effective, and we'd most likely take only 2 shadow locks and ask the rest to go fire.

THAT SAID, I really don't see how you can sustain higher damage than UA with your extremely low crit (on the order of 10% lower than some of our locks).

Be ready around 615 today. You 'may do well' as your spec and may have beaten other locks in the past, but this isn't a contest of who can push their buttons better. The theorycraft definitely shows that 0/21/40 is the way to spec for maximum damage at high levels of gear. We may drag you along just to see how you do in the spec you've chosen, but I seriously don't expect it to last (by the same token, you'll probably be pseudo-gimped for a while if you try to spec Destruction with 18% sbolt crits, but your call there).

I really appreciate the constructive criticism Smile and I'd really like to talk with you after this run if you need me. At this point T6 Raiding hasnt been something that I've done all that often considering my current situation with guilds.

Like I said before with you, Peanutbutter, I have alot of resources at my disposal and I'm willing to respec to accomodate for the needs of the guild and I hope you might view this as an asset to the future raiding Smile

Thanks again, I'll definately be on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Hrm.   Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:35 pm

Sorry for wasting your time, clearly this was a bad choice on my behalf.

I appreciate you taking me along.

Edit: Fully respec'd into Destro and out dps'in Sierra Razz hehe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:09 am

It's not personal, but it's extremely frustrating because you knew you would have to respec and you didn't know what to do at all... it's just the type of thing that really worries us.

Thanks for applying and best of luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:48 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
It's not personal, but it's extremely frustrating because you knew you would have to respec and you didn't know what to do at all... it's just the type of thing that really worries us.

Thanks for applying and best of luck.

Well I didnt think I needed to respec at first but now its obvious that I did need to.

Is there any chance to try again? >_<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:58 am

You might have to get your knees dirty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mediator



Posts : 8
Join date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 am

Ichaerus wrote:
You might have to get your knees dirty.

At least this time bring the lube, last time was like a brick in the ass. affraid

Rofl.

With the respec and a slight update in gear my new stats are:

1279 Spell Dmg
200 Hit Rating
114 Crit. Rating
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Sorry, we're going to formally decline.

You've got heart, but your gear and theorycraft need some work and we don't want to spend the time teaching you.

Best of luck. You may reapply in two months.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock   

Back to top Go down
 
[DECLINED] Mediator - Affliction/Destro Warlock
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» How to deal with an IMBA warlock
» Requiem of a Warlock
» Lavandris - Aff Warlock - ACCEPTED
» Khromah - 578 Warlock
» Warlock T6 is the most wonderful ever!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Applications-
Jump to: