[DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Engelord

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:29 am

Serayne wrote:
Engelord wrote:

My 2v2 partner is currently disc spec and in my opinion the best Shadow Priest on the Gorgannash server.

Melchezid got a name change, took off his General title, dropped engineering for tailoring and got bad at arena? scratch

Engelord wrote:
the best Shadow Priest on the Gorgonnash server.

You do realize Peanutbutter is a Shadow Priest, right? And Zyzzx? Suspect

I said in my opinion, so, this Melchezid you speak of.. umm SmElChEzId to him! ha! Razz He is obviously not whom I speak of. My partner is a very knowledgeable, trustworthy rl friend of mine that knows his class inside out and is a very mature player. His characters name is Eternam.

And yes im well aware that Peanut is most likely an exceptional priest and someone whom I would like to get to know, but in all honesty I know very little if any people in Damage Done. cyclops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jelly

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:53 am

Make sure you are available this afternoon (Sunday) at 2:45 PM server (log on early). You may be selected for a trial run.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:54 am

lol Eternam
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:59 am

I never claim to be any good at PVP these days. My days as a serious PVPer are long past. More props to whoever works at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Bakeyero

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:37 pm

props to me? yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Engelord

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:32 pm

Jelly wrote:
Make sure you are available this afternoon (Sunday) at 2:45 PM server (log on early). You may be selected for a trial run.

I'm sorry but that was way to short of notice or warning for me as I had already made RL plans for today. Please give me notice if you plan on giving me a second chance to be online and attend.

Thanks,

Engelord Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Miotch

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:08 pm

Bakeyero wrote:
props to me? yay!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:08 pm

Tuesday. Be on by 615 and ready for an invite.
Back to top Go down
Engelord

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
Tuesday. Be on by 615 and ready for an invite.

Sounds good. bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Taurentula

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:30 pm

Good luck Engelord! Say hi to Eternam for me. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Engelord

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 pm

Taurentula wrote:
Good luck Engelord! Say hi to Eternam for me. Wink

Heya sweetie, will do! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:16 am

Ichaerus wrote:
So where in BC do you live, since I live on Vancouver Island.
Where? So do I! Nanaimo here...

*edit* ok, so after actually _reading_ the rest of the thread I see you answered that question already, Victoria.. cool. *crickets*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:40 pm

We'd like you to come back on Friday, 7/11. Be online no later than 6:30, and be spec'd, geared, and prepared. We'll likely start with BT, and may ask you to sit out on Mother if you don't have the requisite gear, but that's not a guarantee, so you'll need to be ready. Plus, once Mother is dead, we may ask you to come in for Council.

Also, as previously discussed, make sure you are ready to kick stuff and have Quartz and DeadlyBossMods installed and fully functioning (you need to test this out, not us), because while we can forgive a new guy missing ROS kicks, it left a bad impression that you'll need to try and repair.
Back to top Go down
Engelord

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:43 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
We'd like you to come back on Friday, 7/11. Be online no later than 6:30, and be spec'd, geared, and prepared. We'll likely start with BT, and may ask you to sit out on Mother if you don't have the requisite gear, but that's not a guarantee, so you'll need to be ready. Plus, once Mother is dead, we may ask you to come in for Council.

Also, as previously discussed, make sure you are ready to kick stuff and have Quartz and DeadlyBossMods installed and fully functioning (you need to test this out, not us), because while we can forgive a new guy missing ROS kicks, it left a bad impression that you'll need to try and repair.

My intention here was to find a strong progressed guild with a positive and respectful GM. However after witnessing your conduct and demeanor, I have been given the wrong impression.

I'm not sure if this is the guild for me. Can you prove me wrong? Shocked

Id be more than happy to attend again on Friday if you wish. I already went and picked up Quartz ui and am removing my current HUD that was causing the "ROS" kicking issue and replacing it with a more subtle HUD. This was a simple fix that was obvious to me, very hard to point out until my discovery last night during my first ever "ROS" attempt.

~ Chagatai Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:01 am

Engelord wrote:
Peanutbutter wrote:

My intention here was to find a strong progressed guild with a positive and respectful GM. However after witnessing your conduct and demeanor, I have been given the wrong impression.

Id be more than happy to attend again on Friday if you wish. I already went and picked up Quartz ui and am removing my current HUD that was causing the "ROS" kicking issue and replacing it with a more subtle HUD. This was a simple fix that was obvious to me, very hard to point out until my discovery last night during my first ever "ROS" attempt.

~ Chagatai Twisted Evil

wow.... just wow.

edit: Quoted so he can't delete it.

Last edited by Demoniack on Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:11 am

Demoniack wrote:
wow.... just wow.

I agree.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:07 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
Applicants are not expected to have seen all of the bosses we have killed, but they should be willing to research those fights on their own time so don't have to explain the fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:00 am

I fail to see how not showing enemy cast bars is something that is specific to the RoS fight.

View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:32 am

I wasn't even there, but I'm pretty sure I have a relatively flawless idea of what happened, though I'm more than happy to hear it from you. Do not fret, my fellow Canadian, we shall have a chat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:31 am

Quote :

I'm not sure if this is the guild for me. Can you prove me wrong?

~ Chagatai
Consider the offer rescinded.

If you are looking for a progressed Horde guild that doesn't have a leader constantly busting the guild's balls to clear trash more efficiently, kill bosses faster, and generally play better, you are looking in wrong spot. I never claimed to be Mr. Sunshine and Hugs, and I can't think of any decent Horde guild's raid leader that is. I can be extremely positive... when the guild is doing its job. Respect is given as it is earned, and is never given by default.

I'm not sure what kind of 'conduct' and 'demeanor' could put you off more than, oh say, people failing ghosts on Teron, failing healing on Bloodboil, or failing kicks on ROS could put me off (you'll notice how much I busted some chops on my own guild for wiping us to Teron and Bloodboil, no?). Your app clearly states you understand that everything said in raids is not personal, and if you get a little upset over me calling you out for NOT kicking shocks, then I can only say, you most certainly won't like it when I call you out for not kicking a heal on Council.
Back to top Go down
Galt

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:08 am

Engelord wrote:

Have fun in the kiddie pool. Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Engelord

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:45 am

Peanutbutter wrote:

Consider the offer rescinded.

If you are looking for a progressed Horde guild that doesn't have a leader constantly busting the guild's balls to clear trash more efficiently, kill bosses faster, and generally play better, you are looking in wrong spot. I never claimed to be Mr. Sunshine and Hugs, and I can't think of any decent Horde guild's raid leader that is. I can be extremely positive... when the guild is doing its job. Respect is given as it is earned, and is never given by default.

I'm not sure what kind of 'conduct' and 'demeanor' could put you off more than, oh say, people failing ghosts on Teron, failing healing on Bloodboil, or failing kicks on ROS could put me off (you'll notice how much I busted some chops on my own guild for wiping us to Teron and Bloodboil, no?). Your app clearly states you understand that everything said in raids is not personal, and if you get a little upset over me calling you out for NOT kicking shocks, then I can only say, you most certainly won't like it when I call you out for not kicking a heal on Council.

I honestly and sadly expected to be decline, but had high hopes of a tactful response. And just so we are clear, I never took any of this personally, and I wouldn't attend a raid again if I knew my UI was not working. I just don't think your seeing my point in my post, it has nothing to do with getting upset at you yelling at someone for not doing there job. No

Best of luck to you and your guild. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:45 am

Engelord wrote:
I honestly and sadly expected to be decline, but had high hopes of a tactful response. And just so we are clear, I never took any of this personally, and I wouldn't attend a raid again if I knew my UI was not working. I just don't think your seeing my point in my post, it has nothing to do with getting upset at you yelling at someone for not doing there job. No

Best of luck to you and your guild. Cool
I don't get you. My response was tactful, lucid, and honest. I even said you were okay to come again on Friday, and that ROS kicking is one of the more complicated jobs you'd handle. If that isn't tactful, I don't know what is. I didn't resort to any character attacks or logical fallacies. If you 'expected' to be declined, I don't really know what you expect when you make an inflammatory comment about my leadership.
Back to top Go down
Engelord

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
it left a bad impression that you'll need to try and repair.

This inflammatory comment is the only reason I reacted. And as far as character attack on you are concerned I never did anything of the sort. I merely stated that you gave me the wrong impression, and what I meant by that was that the way you dealt with my "ROS" kick fail was in no way reasonable especially considering the circumstances and the fact that I admittedly said in vent what was happening on my end, which you proceeded to dis believe, even in a whisper you sent to me. Ive dealt with a lot of GM's over the years and a "tactful" GM would not have behaved and reacted the way you did.

Since your not sure on what I meant by conduct and demeanor here is a little clip I'm sure your aware of.

http://poetv.com/video.php?vid=33904

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:26 pm

Look. I've been more than civil, but your attempt to compare me to the over-the-top Onyxia wipe is a not-so-subtle attack on my character. You can slice and dice that any way you choose, but you're pulling a Fox News on me right now.

No, I wasn't especially polite in my personal message. However trying to say that for some reason, you can see every spell in the game on the enemy's cast bar--other than Spirit Shock--is outlandish! What on Earth makes you think I should believe that? I'd buy that your cast bars completely were screwed up. I'd even buy that you couldn't read the spell name or maybe didn't know where on your UI to look for the cast since you don't PVP much, but honestly, where on earth do you get off trying to lie that one spell (the one spell you have a job to kick) isn't showing up?

We're not talking about Murmur's spell when he's about to blow up anybody nearby, or Doan's spell that he's about to do a massive arcane explosion, or an enemy druid about to cast cyclone on you. No, we're talking about the one spell you have an obligation to watch for, in the zone you're currently in, on a raid you are attending. How freaking convenient is it that that one magical spell that somehow doesn't show up in your UI should crop up at the exact same time you need to interrupt it?

Finally, I said I didn't care about it. I'll apologize for my rude remark made privately to you. Sorry. But I speak only for myself in this sense. If you think my general commentary on the subject is limited to my observation, you are wrong.

This reminds me a lot of a shaman in our guild a while back named Akotar. He was a nice guy and seemed to do his job... until the fateful day he went with us to Archimonde. In three back-to-back-to-back attempts, he died letting Doomfire tick him down to nothing, then he cratered, then he cratered again. Every time I asked him, out loud, in ventrilo, "Hey what happened? What was that?" He didn't respond part of the time, and the rest of the time gave me wishy-washy answers like, "I clicked my tears," or, "I'm not sure what happened." Finally, on his third attempt, I flat out told him to stop wasting our time by failing so hard, and he left the guild on the spot.

Was Peanutbutter wrong to harshly call him out for his inability to stay alive in a fight that punishes death? Of course not. This brings me to my final point:

Despite the assertion that I am picking on you, my accusation comes on behalf of the 23 other people whose time you have wasted. They do not get to tell you to stop failing, but I promise you they are thinking it. It goes for every time we do ROS and one of our veterans miss a kick, or someone doesn't move and we take double bloodboil stacks, or someone's Tears of the Goddess mysteriously don't work.

I don't care if you fuck up, as long as you know you did it, admit it, and don't do it again. I do care when you make excuses, and that, Sir, is your Cardinal Sin.

Don't bother replying. You won't be able to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue   

Back to top Go down

[DECLINED] Engelord - Combat Rogue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2