Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman

Go down 
+7
Secondary
Desolate
Serayne
broms
PB
Comotosis
taldra
11 posters
AuthorMessage
taldra

taldra

[ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman Empty
PostSubject: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Your raid talent spec: 8/0/53 http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=hxcZZEfLtieotcd

Your relevant stats for raiding: 1909 +healing ,183 mp5 while casting (306 while not), 9773 mp and 8063hp all stats are unbuffed (including no shammy water shield )

Your raid experience: Pre BC : MC, BWL (didn't kill nef) ony, AQ 20, ZG.... BC : Kara, gruul's, Mag, TK: ZR and Sol, SSC : hydross, lurker, Tidewalker, Fathomlord (I have just seen the fights for tidewalker and fathomlord we had not killed them)

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times: I can agree to them Smile

Two major upgrades to your gear for your class/spec from MH/BT, and why they are a large upgrade: Howling Wind wrists off Rage Winterchill because they will increase my mp5 and my +healing

and the Bastion of light from Anetheron, again this is an upgrade to improve my mp5 and +healing ( i would like the enamelled Dice of mojo from the 3rd boss in ZA for the mp5 but i need to start focusing more on my +healing and the BoL will allow me to do this)

A short guild history: I'll give you my last 3 major guilds....

Unholy evangelists: was a founding member of this guild and was with them raiding until they changed servers, I would have followed them but I changed jobs and was no longer able to raid at 5Am EST

Deep Blue: I left baraka to join them when the raid core left the first time, however do to RL issues I was unable to raid with them and at the time I had just hit 70 as was in all blues with only 900 +healing

Baraka: my current guild, I have been a member since right before BC, they are a mostly causal guild who has struggled to get a Raid Core off, we made major progress over the last few month but with AoC and summer coming on they have started to slide back to being a causal guild and I want something more at this time.

The reason you are applying to Damage Done : well I am looking for a guild that can get me away from the Causal side of things, and will also let me do what I enjoy most about this game, Healing, I think your guild can meet this need, and also challenge me to go above and beyond my current skill as a healer, im looking for something that will Challenge me as a healer and make me want to play the best that I can, I think your guild could to this for me. also with my current work schedule your raid time are perfect for me.

finally, tell us in one or two sentences why you would be a good addition to Damage Done: I push myself to be the best player that I can be, but I also know when to cut loose and just have fun.
Back to top Go down
Comotosis

Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:45 pm

You're like the first resto shaman on gorg that I've seen that is speced Elemental Warding. More gorg noobs need to read up on their Elitist Jerks.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:55 pm

Just an FYI, right now we have 3 resto shamans in our raid line up. If all 3 show up, based upon gear, you'd probably get sat out (unless one volunteers to let you come in for loot since most of them have the entry drops you'd want like the bracers, shield you mentioned).

Some nights we are definitely in need of the other shaman, and we always at least try to rotate newer lesser-geared players in for non-progression fights until they gear up, but I wanted to make sure you were aware of that.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 pm

lol really i didn't read that on elitist jerks web site it came from wiki, talking with other resto shammys and just playing around with my build Very Happy, as for being sat out, I can understand that you would want to take in your best of the best for your progression, and I don't mind sitting the bench for that... but give me a shot and i think I could impress some pplz Razz
Back to top Go down
broms

broms

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Comotosis wrote:
You're like the first resto shaman on gorg that I've seen that is speced Elemental Warding. More gorg noobs need to read up on their Elitist Jerks.

see the reason I would not do this is because that looks like a waste of 5 good points right thur before elemental warding and I do just fine without it!!!
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:06 pm

broms wrote:
Comotosis wrote:

see the reason I would not do this is because that looks like a waste of 5 good points right thur before elemental warding and I do just fine without it!!!

so what spec do you use for raiding, cause your armory has a what looks 2 be a PVP build going on... as to the points i spend in convection, they are for a reduced mana cost to shocks so just in case for some crazy reason (priest in fathomlord) i need to interrupt something itz not costing me an arm and a leg to do it Wink also at 10% has been the difference to me dieing, b4 I could heal, band aid, or get healed by another healer, so its worth more to me the the extra 500 mana or imp GW with besides MTH i can't think of another instance that this would be used Razz .....
Back to top Go down
broms

broms

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 5:11 pm

taldra wrote:
broms wrote:
Comotosis wrote:

so what spec do you use for raiding, cause your armory has a what looks 2 be a PVP build going on... as to the points i spend in convection, they are for a reduced mana cost to shocks so just in case for some crazy reason (priest in fathomlord) i need to interrupt something itz not costing me an arm and a leg to do it Wink also at 10% has been the difference to me dieing, b4 I could heal, band aid, or get healed by another healer, so its worth more to me the the extra 500 mana or imp GW with besides MTH i can't think of another instance that this would be used Razz .....

I have been asked exactly 0 times in my raiding life to interrupt spell casts and for the comment on pvp spec well... imp ghost wolf must be what you are referring to it makes life alot easier on Archimonde/Supremus to name a couple plus yes I pvp, this spec keeps me from having to swap from pvp/raid since I also go ele quite a bit and at 50g a respec that shit begins to get expensive but some how I still end up on the top of the charts so ya. O btw Nature's Guardian FTW
Back to top Go down
Serayne

Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:00 pm

broms wrote:
at 50g a respec that shit begins to get expensive

Oh shut the hell up.
Back to top Go down
Desolate

Desolate

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:01 pm

Serayne wrote:
broms wrote:
at 50g a respec that shit begins to get expensive

Oh shut the hell up.

noyou

24,000g / 50g = 480 respecs.
Back to top Go down
broms

broms

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:10 pm

serayne damnit I still need my epic flyer on my shaman please!!!
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 9:51 pm

broms wrote:
some how I still end up on the top of the charts so ya.

hate you
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 4:29 am

Smile ya brom, I have not done those 2 fight that you have mentioned so Ill have 2 see how not having imp GW effects me, as for the not earth shocking thing I guess im just unlucky in that i have been one of a small number of interrupts on a boss or trash or whatever Razz, also focus mind IMO is more of a PVP talent then PVE (again this is without seeing BT or MTH) and while Nature Guardian is a very nice talent, I would rather have a cheaper totem and a quicker ankh timer.... all in all its just my way of playing him, that works best for me.....

one last thing, I don't need to top the healing charts, im a huge beleave in the team work thing and being on top means nothing to me, cause if im top of the charts and we die I still failed, and It does not in my mind push the team work attuide of raiding.... don't get me wrong, I look at the charts and if im not where I know i should be on it im going 2 bust my ass to get where I should be (this also applys to my Over healing as well)
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:29 am

Good thing I had the benefit of going from Kara straight to Black Temple.
Back to top Go down
broms

broms

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 7:18 am

taldra wrote:
Smile ya brom, I have not done those 2 fight that you have mentioned so Ill have 2 see how not having imp GW effects me, as for the not earth shocking thing I guess im just unlucky in that i have been one of a small number of interrupts on a boss or trash or whatever Razz, also focus mind IMO is more of a PVP talent then PVE (again this is without seeing BT or MTH) and while Nature Guardian is a very nice talent, I would rather have a cheaper totem and a quicker ankh timer.... all in all its just my way of playing him, that works best for me.....

one last thing, I don't need to top the healing charts, im a huge beleave in the team work thing and being on top means nothing to me, cause if im top of the charts and we die I still failed, and It does not in my mind push the team work attuide of raiding.... don't get me wrong, I look at the charts and if im not where I know i should be on it im going 2 bust my ass to get where I should be (this also applys to my Over healing as well)

Ok I wasn't trying to flex my epeen with the chart topping comment im just trying to say if its not broke don't fix it. Ok that spec may work for you but I could not see myself putting 5 points into something I never use just to put 3 into something that decreases damage. I can't count how many times on Bloodboil where I'm healing my ass off since we 2 shaman heal 3 full groups that take the Bloodboil's (which works great) and if I have to heal myself somebody else will die so I take a chance and heal them then BAM! Nature's Guardian heals me for 1k which keeps me alive just long enough to hit myself with a heal. If my healing ever gets gimped from my spec choice then ya I would gladly change it. Imp ghostwolf is the shit for Arch. Fire coming? np GW out come back 40% faster!!! Air bursted GW back. You will understand my point when Peanutbutter is chewing you're ass out for either letting the tank die or getting hit by doomfire. And I carried him to 1850 in arena WTF!!!! <3 PB Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 10:04 am

<3 Broms <3

And dammit, don't stop healing the tank! Arch hits hard!
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:34 pm

ya brom if it come down to letting a tank Die or switching my spec to include imp GW im all for imp GW Very Happy

one other quick thing i wanted to update my stat changed a little over the weekend

1931 +healing 188mp5 while casting 8105 hp and 9728mp also now with 38spell haste >.<

(i broke my T4 set bonus, so i lost 1 mp5 over all and some mp , but got more +healing and health)

also I have drop LW and skinning and am now lvling alch, and herbing, when im 375 with alch im dropping herbing and getting chanting so i can chant up my rings with more +healing
Back to top Go down
Bakasuya

Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:41 pm

should have kept LW for drums.
Back to top Go down
Smolder

Smolder

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Bakasuya wrote:
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Bakasuya wrote:
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 10:00 pm

>.<
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:59 am

hey guys I saw on the Realm forums that you where looking for a warrior, I got a friend who maybe interested Smile here is his stats and build
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0cZVZfitohMdcest

17934 hp, 491 defence, 18444 armor (63.60% damage reduction), dodge 20.83%, parry 16.87%, and block 21.60%

the only down side is he is not a tauren >.<
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:34 am

He has to app himself. We don't take informal applications.
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 12:38 pm

ill talk with him and make him app Very Happy, just sharing his info, besides he would kick my ass if he found out i was apping to guilds for him without talking to him first
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Taldra -Resto Shaman
Page 1 of 1