Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyphir

[ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman Empty
PostSubject: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 9:39 pm

Hello,
First off, to preface this.. I'm realizing I might be horribly under geared compared to some of the other applications I've browsed through on this forum, but I thought I would still toss in the application anyways. Oh yeah, I'd be a transfer, my character is currently on Thunderlord. You'll see the explaination

Your raid talent spec.
My Current Spec

Relevant Stats for Raiding
+1569 Healing
107 Mp5 while casting

Raid Experience
Pre-BC - My main was a Holy Priest. I worked with a guild for progression through MC from scratch all the way up to Rag. The guild ended up self destructing, and I managed to find my way into a guild with a bit more progression. They had BWL on farm and were on Princess HuHu in AQ40. During my time there, we dropped Onyxia and the World dragons and farmed BWL and worked on progression in AQ40. I was only able to stay with this guild for about two months and ended up making it to the Twin Emps, but we never were able to drop them. Then life threw me a curve ball and I had to take an extended break from WoW.

When BC was maybe 3-4 months out, I rolled up my current Shaman. He's seen all of Kara, Gruul's and attempts at Mag (but phase 2 always destroyed us, they couldn't click the blocks in sync). For raid experience, that is about it.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times.
Acknowledged. My current work schedule allows me to make all the raid times, with plenty of prep time. Everything I'll be seeing I'm going to do my best to start reading up on the strats on WoWWiki, and see how the healers manage them.

Two major upgrades to your gear for your class/spec from MH/BT, and why they are a large upgrade
Again, based on the content I've seen, nearly anything from those instances would be a huge upgrade.
The cream of the crop of upgrades (Excluding tier) I could determine would be Shroud of the Final Stand and Blessed Band of Karabor

A short guild history To tell you the truth, I've lost count over the 3 years I've been playing WoW. My first raiding guild was named Overlord, we progressed up to Rag and then guild drama ended up tearing the whole thing apart. That was on the server Lightbringer, while a priest. I then raided with a different group of people, but the curve ball life threw me was switching my work schedule to mirror the raiding schedule. I worked evenings for the next 5 months, which limited my attendance and I was politely asked to leave.

The main guilds I was associated with my Shaman were on two seperate servers, Chromaggus and Thunderlord. On Chromaggus, I helped form the guild for the BC raiding we were planning on doing as a founding member. The problem was the officers didn't always run their DKP system fairly, and again the guild self destructed due to useless drama. ( I love the way you guys have the distribution setup ). I eventually transferred my Shaman to Thunderlord (his current home) to play with a buddy from work and his guild. I believe their name was Team Manhammer, I couldn't explain that one if I tried. I ended up drifting out of the game again, raiding less and less due to Girlfriend Aggro. That isn't exactly a problem anymore, single and bored.

The reason you are applying to Damage Done
The main reason I'm applying to Damage Done is because I work with Cruuen in RL. He's had nothing but great things to say about this group of people, and the raid times you currently run at work perfectly with my schedule. I've ran into some bad luck with the guilds I've ended up in, and I think a solid group of players, working on all the challenges WoW has to offer sounds like a great time.

I would need to transfer, which I will probably do anyways just to occasionally run a heroic or something with Cruuen and other co-workers that are currently on Gorgonnash.

Why would I be a good addition?
Well, besides being horribly under geared, I do bring a willingness to learn, admit when I fucked up and move beyond it to fix the problem. I'm dedicated to the eradication of all life from the planet.. er.. uhh.. I mixed up my queue cards.. where was I..

Last edited by Cyphir on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2008 11:56 pm

We'll get to this more tomorrow (it's late now), but your app has been received, so expect a lot of tells.

I'll say a few things up front: yes, your gear is not near our current caliber, but we have taken lesser geared apps before when those players showed a lot of promise and had near-perfect attendance (that means you don't skip any day unless something abnormal comes up). Plus, we really really really want another good, reliable resto shaman. Keep in mind because you're a server transfer, it's a lot harder to judge your ability since we can't just do a heroic or something with you.

Now, for some intro questions.

You mention a guy named "Cruuen." We have a warlock named "Cruven." Is this the same person?

There's a TON of new gear out there in the form of badge loot. Your gear must improve quite a bit to be viable, so you'll be expected to make some time to do heroics/karas/ZA (we regularly run one or two karas and ZAs during the week for timed loot and badges). Do you understand this?

You mention work got in the way of raiding before. What kind of assurance do we have that a month into your membership, suddenly your work schedule will change again?

Finally (for now), do you have the Chain Heal totem from Maiden?
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
broms

broms

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 2:57 am

With your spec I would probably take out the Shield Specialization and put 5/5 into Nature's Guardian it might seem like a pvp talent but in fights where you take alot of aoe damage it could actually save your life.
Back to top Go down
Cyphir

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 3:23 am

Yes, it was Cruven. I ended up filling out this application later than I expected last night, and the way he wrote it on the post-it note it sort of looked like two U's to my tired ass.. I'll talk to him in about an hour and give him shit about it.

I completely understand everything involving the Badge loot providing a large number of easier obtained upgrades, after looking over my gear compared to where it should be to be viable and an asset in a raid. I also realized after re-reading my own post, I shouldn't attempt typing anything and hoping it will be easily comprehended at 5:10 in the morning.

The only thing I can tell you about my work situation, the nature of my job used to bring with a lot of unexpected changes to when I would work and what days I would work, but I've just recently adopted my current work schedule, and at a minimum, I'm looking at a solid 3 more months without any changes. The shop is much more reliable and consistent along with being much more flexible in regards to making any schedule changes fit the person's life situation.

And looking at the clock, I'm about to be a bit late to work.. but I do have the Chain Heal totem from Maiden and Broms, I see what you're saying about Nature's Guardian. If I'm already 51 pts into Resto, why not those extra 5 when it could mean the difference between a last minute heal and dying.
Back to top Go down
Cruven

Cruven

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 5:48 am

First off, you need to l2read.

PB: He and I are military so sometimes we're told to do weird things out of the blue that we have no control over or really prepare for (see: Thop, my recent attendance). I've known him IRL for quite a while now and I can guarantee he could take being bitched at and/or own up for a mistake.

I can only vouch for him as a person as we haven't been able to play together yet. Besides that, he will probably need some UI/mod recommendations to transition into 25 man raid healing if approved.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:30 am

Okay, I recommend you get the Wowaceupdater (http://www.wowace.com/wau/publish.htm just hit install) and download the following mods, installing them into your ~/WOW/Interface/AddOns/ directory:

Grid
GridSideIndicators
GridMissingBuffs (for Earth Shield tracking)
Omen

Then go to www.deadlybossmods.com and download the "Core" section (into the same location as before). Start the game and make sure it all works.

Next, make sure you read up on the fights we do in Hyjal and Black Temple. Cruven can direct you to the proper ones.
Back to top Go down
Cyphir

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 11:28 am

Okay, I'll get those mods added to the ones I'm already running. Cruven had already recommended Grid would be great for healing. I'll also get to reading up on all the Hyjal bosses and start on the BT ones. If I recall correctly, WoWWiki is nice enough to break down some general strategies by class type, or possibly World of Raids.

I'm probably going to put in for the transfer this evening, I'm not sure how quick they're taking these days. The name I'm planning on switching over to is Cyphir (I've already made sure it's available, along with creating a character with my previous name so I'm able to switch it from Marros).
Back to top Go down
Paolo

Paolo

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 1:00 pm

http://www.curse.com/downloads/details/3802/

I'm thinking of picking this mod up to see how I like it.

Similar to a grid/clique add-on combination. But it seems pretty powerful..I dunno.

You should get clique though, and work with that, I have yet to use it because I'm much too used to using my 1 2 3 4.....keys for spell rotations with my priest and rogue...

Add-ons will make you be better, faster, more efficient so you really should look into them.
Back to top Go down
Cyphir

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 9:16 pm

The transfer did go through, and I'm now known as Cyphir. I did respec to what you had recommended Broms, I also picked up all the previously mentioned Mods. I also managed to farm around 18 badges from a Kara pug and a Heroic Slave Pens before logging off.

I should be online most of Wednesday evening to keep working on badges to try to get my gear upgraded. If you want me to contact someone in game, just let me know. I'll try to contact someone tomorrow evening to say Hi. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:22 am

We're going to tentatively approve you based upon the fact that you're a shaman, but you may expect to get bumped several times during your (unguilded) recruitment if we have a ton of healers constantly at the ready. Be ready to go on Friday, and keep in mind we may try a ZA/Kara Wed/Thurs for badges (and the occasional piece of loot for people who need it).
Back to top Go down
Cyphir

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 11:48 pm

Sorry about just vanishing after the ZA. I think my system is in need of a format. I'll get everything in working order tomorrow.

A small reminder, I'm not going to be available this Friday. Normally I would, but I had made plans last week for that night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman   [ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Cyphir - Resto Shaman
Page 1 of 1