HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:44 am

Malande Ė [UD] Holy Priest

Your raid talent spec.
http://wowhead.com/?talent=bxT0zhxZfhxcf0qVhVo

Your relevant stats for raiding.
- 1761 Healing
- 465 FSR / 209 Casting - Drip
- 10.5% Crit on Healing spells(woohoo)


Your raid experience.
- Pre-BC, I was the MT of a guild on Scilla and completed BWL, I also raided on a hunter that I leveled at the time and got my Rok/Lok.
- Post BC, I leveled my priest to 70 and have raided every fight up to Kalecgos in SWP as shadow. However I have the gear to heal, have healed all T5 instances and really enjoy it.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times.
- Acknowledged. I can make all the raid times, Iíve already learned the fights, and I always have necessary consumables.

Two major upgrades to your gear for your class/spec from MH/BT.

- (This is still one of the best upgrades) Lightfathom Sceptor / Staff of Immaculate Recovery
- Leggings Of Eternity

A short guild history.
- Only relevant guild is <Incursio> from scilla. It is where I raided with my priest. I raided with them since last may, was in every raid for every first boss kill from Lady Vashj----> Illidan. I started a new job about 3 months ago and their raid times are EST, starting at 5pm PST and I get home from this job at 6:30pm so I simply canít be a core raider with them, and havenít been able to raid anything but Sundayís for the last 2 months.
- I came to this server to play with an old friend and saw this post on the forums and really want to get back into raiding, this seemed like a great opportunity to get back into the swing of things.

The reason you are applying to Damage Done.
- What I said above really answers this question. However I do want to note that I donít mind re-learning the BT fights, as long as a guild shows promise. I say this only because a lot of guilds are now in BT/Hyjal and the first few bosses are relatively easy, but I do have to commend you on your application process, and your Archie kill. He has cock-blocked a lot of guilds and so grats on that kill. From what Iíve seen you guys are well prepared and reading through some of these applications you definitely know how to screen for baddies.

Finally, tell us in one or two sentences why you would be a good addition to Damage Done.
- I have experience, Iím well equipped and I wonít walk away when things get hard. I helped rebuild my last guild when we started losing people after getting stuck on RoS, and if it came down to it I would do the same for this guild if I were to be taken in.



Just a few things, My current weapon sucks complete ass, I am well aware. I am in the process currently of aquiring the honor weapon. I have the off-hand off of alíar and those two combined would significantly increase my Mp5 and healing. I also have PMC shoulders, however I have the S2 shoulders equiped as Iím in the process of getting a stam set for fights like Najíentus and Archimonde..etc, and I wanted to see how they effected my stats, didn't log out in my PMC. But healing is roughly the same and my drip doesn't sink because of it.

Look forward to talking to you all.
- Malande(You can call me Mal)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:00 am

Thanks for the app, we'll review it internally, but also barrage you with questions here. That said, here are a few:

I assume your healing gear is just a work in progress because you've recently switched from Shadow?

Your app doesn't explicitly say it, but I assume you have a Medallion of Karabor. Since you mention raiding through Kalecgos, do you also have a full Mother resist set?

Thanks for the compliment, but just a fair warning: Yes, we killed Archimonde, but we've had some difficulty repeating that feat. He'll die again as soon as we go in with the necessary decursers. Hopefully you can understand the occasional outburst of Peanutbutter rage that generally follows a "I lagged when I clicked my Tears" excuse.

Not sure what you mean by "drip" in your application. Care to elaborate?

Finally (for now), were you on the server before? Your name is very familiar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:13 am

Peanutbutter wrote:
Thanks for the app, we'll review it internally, but also barrage you with questions here. That said, here are a few:

I assume your healing gear is just a work in progress because you've recently switched from Shadow?

This is correct. WIP, but I feel as though I'm not significantly that far behind. PMC = T5 without stamina and set bonus' however I do know that I could use some upgrades (ie; weapon, wand, rings..)
Peanutbutter wrote:

Your app doesn't explicitly say it, but I assume you have a Medallion of Karabor. Since you mention raiding through Kalecgos, do you also have a full Mother resist set?

I have my BT hearth neck, belt/cloak/boots/bracers crafted/enchanted. And I'm exalted so I can craft all that for your clothies as well.

Peanutbutter wrote:

Thanks for the compliment, but just a fair warning: Yes, we killed Archimonde, but we've had some difficulty repeating that feat. He'll die again as soon as we go in with the necessary decursers. Hopefully you can understand the occasional outburst of Peanutbutter rage that generally follows a "I lagged when I clicked my Tears" excuse.

Well, killing him isn't easy. Yes it requires some RNG's to happen and yes killing him again is not wtfeazy. But you did it, so at least you have that confidence. And yeah, people need to not be stupid asses and realize that much like Gurtogg, it's not a DPS race, it's an outlast. Much like Druid/warlock vs. Druid/Warlock 2v2. Who can mentally withstand the painful fears and lifeblooms more than the other pair..... Oo

No But seriously, stay out of fire, don't burst the tank, use your tears early and decursers should JUST decurse, wand if you're bored, but keep peoples alive, and /win. Smile

Peanutbutter wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "drip" in your application. Care to elaborate?

Drip refers to Mp5, people commonly associate mana with "water" and when you get more mana, it's like a faucet 'dripping' water into your mana 'pool'. See I even taught you something! Smile

Peanutbutter wrote:

Finally (for now), were you on the server before? Your name is very familiar.
Nope, never on this server. My name is from IC. Because I'm a Holey Priest (teee, hee)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:23 am

Quote :
Drip refers to Mp5, people commonly associate mana with "water" and when you get more mana, it's like a faucet 'dripping' water into your mana 'pool'. See I even taught you something!
Hrm, never heard it referred to in that way and I'm very well read, but interesting all the same.

Yeah, I recognize the name now from Council.

That's all I have for now. Pop in every now and then to see if anyone else has follow up Q's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:28 am

I thought drip means you need to go see the doctor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:33 am

Galt wrote:
I thought drip means you need to go see the doctor.

Only if you're a girl, Or a flaming homosexual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nag



Posts : 281
Join date : 2007-12-11
Location : Newport Beach

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:09 pm

Does this mean my mp5 is a waterfall?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:13 pm

nag wrote:
Does this mean my mp5 is a waterfall?

You have some serious FSR drip. Waterfall...get to like 850 and then we'll talk Smile

Right now I'd say you're at a constant pour.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comotosis

avatar

Posts : 453
Join date : 2007-12-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Paolo wrote:
Galt wrote:
I thought drip means you need to go see the doctor.

Only if you're a girl, Or a flaming homosexual.
I see you've met Galt before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:24 pm

Comotosis wrote:
Paolo wrote:
Galt wrote:
I thought drip means you need to go see the doctor.

Only if you're a girl, Or a flaming homosexual.
I see you've met Galt before.



He sent me a PM about his "drip" problem...pics and all...I threw up at work..and it didn't look good.




I do have a curiosity though. I've been looking through the guild roster and you have about 3 decently/equaly geared preists, holy.

Is there really a spot available, or is this more of a filler. Just would like to know wuts goin on hurrr. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:29 pm

Which three would that be? (this could be a test)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamma

avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:31 pm

EDIT: didn't see malaese's post.

|
| No fun nag.
V


Last edited by Kamma on Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nag



Posts : 281
Join date : 2007-12-11
Location : Newport Beach

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:37 pm

We have 2 Holy Priests in the guild. Toxicsmoke (CoH) and myself Nagrom (imp spirit). The guild runs with a short roster and we have 8 healers in the guild, 4 of which that raid with any consistency. We are looking for one more Holy/CoH priest and one more Resto Shaman (maybe a druid if ours keep not showing up).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Malaese wrote:
Which three would that be? (this could be a test)

Obviously Larry, Moe, Curly...


I would say that Nagrom is your dedicated H-Priest, and Rubicon seems geared enough to be where you're at. So that would be 2.


Warley, might be a backup/recruit/alt....as well as Akanti.. :\

But who knows, because my gear is basically where theirs is at, except if I had a different weapon I'd potentially pick up 150 healing, a lot of MP5, and get a bigger elephant trunk.

If Only I could trade all of my shadow gear back in for holy gear Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:46 pm

nag wrote:
We have 2 Holy Priests in the guild. Toxicsmoke (CoH) and myself Nagrom (imp spirit). The guild runs with a short roster and we have 8 healers in the guild, 4 of which that raid with any consistency. We are looking for one more Holy/CoH priest and one more Resto Shaman (maybe a druid if ours keep not showing up).



Ah, toxicsmoke in lawlshadowlawl gear ftw.

I was wondering how he got the Hand of Ad'al Title...I was like wtflux g-slice

EDIT: PICK ME.


Also, when you say any consistency what do you mean. Are you guys struggling to fill raids or just to find consistent, every raid, healers?<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nag



Posts : 281
Join date : 2007-12-11
Location : Newport Beach

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Akanti and Rubicon are not in the guild, armory is not updated. Warley is an alt of one of our adorable rogues. Toxicsmoke specc'd shadow makes me giggle inside...more then twice.

We usu have 6-7 healers in the raid, although sometimes 5. When someone does have to leave early, it seems to be a healer and the remaining healers go into overtime. Looking to pick up 2 more healers to insure raid progression and fun for everyone with less healing stress burn-out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamma

avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:56 pm

nag wrote:
fun for everyone

flower
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nag



Posts : 281
Join date : 2007-12-11
Location : Newport Beach

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:18 pm

We also have a list of people that don't get heals. Kamma was pretty low on the list, he's moving up rapidly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamma

avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:20 pm

confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:30 pm

Paolo wrote:
EDIT: PICK ME.

Also, when you say any consistency what do you mean. Are you guys struggling to fill raids or just to find consistent, every raid, healers?<3
Right now, we typically are sitting at barely 25 for each raid. Sometimes (Tuesday, which seems to be our best day), we have to bench people. The people get benched are almost always a feral druid, a rogue/mage/lock, and maybe a hunter. Healers never get benched because, quite frankly, we need them all.

So the answer to your question is, we need consistent, every raid healers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:06 pm

nag wrote:
We also have a list of people that don't get heals. Kamma was pretty low on the list, he's moving up rapidly.


I like this game. LFG who dies tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Paolo

avatar

Posts : 15
Join date : 2008-04-14

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
Paolo wrote:
EDIT: PICK ME.

Also, when you say any consistency what do you mean. Are you guys struggling to fill raids or just to find consistent, every raid, healers?<3
Right now, we typically are sitting at barely 25 for each raid. Sometimes (Tuesday, which seems to be our best day), we have to bench people. The people get benched are almost always a feral druid, a rogue/mage/lock, and maybe a hunter. Healers never get benched because, quite frankly, we need them all.

So the answer to your question is, we need consistent, every raid healers.

Oo

I am teh consistent. When was the last time you cancelled a raid because of lack O'raiders? I've been there before and it sucks, but I can see where you're coming from. Just gotta keep recruiting to make people want to log in or they don't get gear.

Which an open roll system may not promote Razz Not that it's a bad looting system, because obviously those who deserve things the most will eventually get them, but joe shmoe could come in roll 100 on Tempest of Chaos and be like , peace biishesss Smile

But, I don't have a problem with it. Looting sucks in this game. There's never a fair system and attendence will always be an issue unless you raid with the same people for 5 years and get paid to do so.


<3 Nag
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nag



Posts : 281
Join date : 2007-12-11
Location : Newport Beach

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Quote :
<3 Nag

Approved for a trial run. Be online and ready to raid this Tuesday, April 15th no later then 6:30pm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Secondary

avatar

Posts : 764
Join date : 2007-12-21
Age : 27
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Friday was the last cancelled raid. Sunday ended prematurely due to 1 healer and at least 1 dps leaving before we got gorefiend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:20 pm

We canceled Friday due to attendance, but a lot of people had atypical situations come up (including myself). We hadn't canceled a raid in months until that Friday. Often, we just try to make do with what we have, but our least consistent factor in terms of attendance has been our healer squad, which made Bloodboil an "interesting" fight to learn.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest   

Back to top Go down
 
[APPROVED] Malande - Holy Priest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Uppsala - Disc/Holy Priest
» ~S.W.A.M.P. Febuary painting entry- Skink priest~
» shadow priest without meditation
» [A] Holy Lightbringers
» My Holy Passage?!?!?!?!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Applications-
Jump to: