HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tristrium



Posts : 5
Join date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:44 pm

PVE Talent Spec (Include a wowhead talent calculator link)
http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbhIzsgMq0sxzZVchqr0uV

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Tristrium

Stats (Unbuffed)

Spellpower: 2284
Mp5 (while casting): 0
Hit: 138
Crit: 28.44%
Haste: 377
(Spellpower listed with FelArmor and talented passive buffs from Demonology which are not listed on armory)

What is your trinket set-up? Do you have the 2 minute PvP trinket? Do you need any obvious upgrades?
-I use Timbals Focusing Crystal and Sundial of the Exiled.
-I do have the 84 resilience 2 minute trinket.
-Timbals Focusing trinket does obviously need to be upgraded, so does my chest piece (Arcane Flame Altar-Garb), cape (Reanimatorís Cloak) and second ring (Hateful Gladiatorís Band of Dominance).

What is your glyph set-up?
-Glyph of Corruption / Glyph of Curse of Agony / Glyph of Felguard

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?)
-I am from Maryland, USA.
-I can speak and understand English well.

How old are you?
-I am 20 years old.

Do you have a mic/headset for vent?
-Yes.

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc?
-I use; Omen, Quartz, and Recount...if needed I can use others.


Raid Experience (No one cares about 10 or 25 Vault or what you killed post 3.0 in BC)
BC: Kara / ZA. When I started playing on my previous server, there were no guilds recruiting for high-end Content, which is one of the reasons I have not raided any t6 content.
WotLK: I have done Naxx 10/25man full clears and OS 10 full clear.

Guild History
On this server I have been in Tainted Perfection. I joined because I was running some pre-mades with them and I was getting to know the people on this server.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times
-Yes

Are you prepared for the next scheduled raid? (Yes means you're going to be on and ready during our scheduled raid time fyi)
-I could be there this Thursday.

Reason(s) for applying
-I transferred here about a month ago and I constantly find myself logging on with no real purpose. Itís either running a few BGís then just talking with Feardotpew and dueling outside Org, or finding pug 10/25 Naxx runs when they are available. I would love to be a part of a guild with a sense of purpose and progression.

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done
-I know and love my class. I like to have fun and have a good time, but I understand when it is time to be serious and focus on the task at hand.

If possible, please include a screenshot of your UI
I can post if you guys need, but I try to keep it simple with the standard UI except for threat/dps meter and Quartz casting bar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:00 pm

You're the guy they had to wait for to go to Maly10 right?

_________________
Putting the Sensual back in Non Consensual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:08 pm

/stares at the word "Warlock" in the title.
/sobs uncontrollably.

I'm so happy to see another warlock finally apply, even though I had to coax you, a tiiiny bit.

Let's start, shall we?

Spec: We already spoke in game about the spec, it is a perfect felguard raiding spec, and yes, it would be fine to swap those two points from Imp Healthstone into finishing off 5 points in Demonic Embrace (Demo, 1st tier).

Gear: Your gear looks good, aside from your lvl 70 trinket, and your blue items. The chest is....comparable to some epics, but it's still pretty fail. There is a very nice blue chest that drops in heroic Violet Hold that has +hit on it, which you desperately need. Soft cap for hit rating is 368, and you aren't even halfway there. Crit/Haste ratio is all right, and it will increase with more gear, but your very low hit is something you need to focus on. Evaluating your cloak and comparing it to other epics, makes me cry. Your cloak isn't even on my list of dps cloaks out there. There is a blue cloak out there with +hit on it, which will continue to help your low hit rating. The cloak in question drops off heroic Halls of Lightning, the Cape of Seething Steam, or you could raise your reputation with the Knights of the Ebon Blade to Honored for Dark Soldier Cape, which is the same exact thing as the one in HoL. Keep in mind that when you change your cloak, you will lose the blue gem socketed in it, and you'll need to replace it elsewhere. My suggestion would be to put it in your belt buckle and replace the 19 SP gem you have in it. Also, you have a +12 hit rating gem in your pants. Why not go for the 16? You need the hit. In fact, even before you do that, get the 40 emblem of heroism belt for more +hit, and put the blue gem in there. Let's see, you need rep with Knights of the Ebon Hold for the cloak, you'll need badges for the belt, and you'll need to regem a couple of things. This will give you a huge dps increase in terms of raiding, even just from the +hit you'll get. Get yourself into 10 man malygos. There is an amazing chest that drops from him.

Glyphs look good.

Does Quartz give you problems with keeping a watch on your dot timers? I used to use it, but one day of using Dotimer changed all that. I got rid of Quartz soon after, but it's just personal preference.

I know about your situation with your current guild and with you constantly having to pug things. Puging sucks on this server and explains why you're stuck with those blues. A fail pug cant attain loot.

Now I'll say this, I haven't seen Tristrium raid, but I do talk with him extensively. He does have a strong knowledge of the warlock class and I'd much rather give him a trial run to see him prove his worth over a mage, just cause I'm tired of being the only mother fucking warlock in a mother fucking raid.

PS: Ich, I never really responded seriously cause I was just waiting for a warlock to apply.


Last edited by Feardotpew on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 pm

Ichaerus wrote:
You're the guy they had to wait for to go to Maly10 right?

No Ich, that is another warlock friend of mine, Dahlyla.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:13 pm

So we'll have like a fleet of them soon? Bitchin'

Oh and I hear you were a giant fuckwad in some pug Naxx25, whats the deal with that Trist?

_________________
Putting the Sensual back in Non Consensual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:17 pm

Ichaerus wrote:
So we'll have like a fleet of them soon? Bitchin'

Oh and I hear you were a giant fuckwad in some pug Naxx25, whats the deal with that Trist?

At least 2, counting Trist.

I hear you are a giant douche all the time Ich. What's the deal with THAT?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:22 pm

I'm a shining beacon of personal virtues and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, Fear, but this is kind of to let him clear the air so he doesn't get a bad rep before this shit even starts.

_________________
Putting the Sensual back in Non Consensual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Ichaerus wrote:
I'm a shining beacon of personal virtues and I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, Fear, but this is kind of to let him clear the air so he doesn't get a bad rep before this shit even starts.

Blah blah I got trolled ok fantastic!

Tristrium?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amalgarashi

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2008-04-17
Age : 26
Location : Bel Air, MD

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:35 pm

Feardotpew wrote:
Ichaerus wrote:
So we'll have like a fleet of them soon? Bitchin'

Oh and I hear you were a giant fuckwad in some pug Naxx25, whats the deal with that Trist?

At least 2, counting Trist.

I hear you are a giant douche all the time Ich. What's the deal with THAT?
owned.



also i know trist and he's pretty sexy irl,


s'all i have to say.


<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tristrium



Posts : 5
Join date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Feardotpew wrote:
/stares at the word "Warlock" in the title.
/sobs uncontrollably.

I'm so happy to see another warlock finally apply, even though I had to coax you, a tiiiny bit.

Let's start, shall we?

Spec: We already spoke in game about the spec, it is a perfect felguard raiding spec, and yes, it would be fine to swap those two points from Imp Healthstone into finishing off 5 points in Demonic Embrace (Demo, 1st tier).

Gear: Your gear looks good, aside from your lvl 70 trinket, and your blue items. The chest is....comparable to some epics, but it's still pretty fail. There is a very nice blue chest that drops in heroic Violet Hold that has +hit on it, which you desperately need. Soft cap for hit rating is 368, and you aren't even halfway there. Crit/Haste ratio is all right, and it will increase with more gear, but your very low hit is something you need to focus on. Evaluating your cloak and comparing it to other epics, makes me cry. Your cloak isn't even on my list of dps cloaks out there. There is a blue cloak out there with +hit on it, which will continue to help your low hit rating. The cloak in question drops off heroic Halls of Lightning, the Cape of Seething Steam, or you could raise your reputation with the Knights of the Ebon Blade to Honored for Dark Soldier Cape, which is the same exact thing as the one in HoL. Keep in mind that when you change your cloak, you will lose the blue gem socketed in it, and you'll need to replace it elsewhere. My suggestion would be to put it in your belt buckle and replace the 19 SP gem you have in it. Also, you have a +12 hit rating gem in your pants. Why not go for the 16? You need the hit. In fact, even before you do that, get the 40 emblem of heroism belt for more +hit, and put the blue gem in there. Let's see, you need rep with Knights of the Ebon Hold for the cloak, you'll need badges for the belt, and you'll need to regem a couple of things. This will give you a huge dps increase in terms of raiding, even just from the +hit you'll get. Get yourself into 10 man malygos. There is an amazing chest that drops from him.

Glyphs look good.

Does Quartz give you problems with keeping a watch on your dot timers? I used to use it, but one day of using Dotimer changed all that. I got rid of Quartz soon after, but it's just personal preference.

I know about your situation with your current guild and with you constantly having to pug things. Puging sucks on this server and explains why you're stuck with those blues. A fail pug cant attain loot.

Now I'll say this, I haven't seen Tristrium raid, but I do talk with him extensively. He does have a strong knowledge of the warlock class and I'd much rather give him a trial run to see him prove his worth over a mage, just cause I'm tired of being the only mother fucking warlock in a mother fucking raid.

PS: Ich, I never really responded seriously cause I was just waiting for a warlock to apply.

I completely agree on the + hit. The reasoning for the +12 hit to pants was because I got the t7 fully gemmed it...then t7.5 dropped for me in VoA the very next day. I just wanted to put a quick +hit gem in there instead of leaving it empty. As for the other items...I will work on getting in the 10 man maly, and there are a few spots in my gear I can switch out some gems to get some + hit. My PVP ring and the cape are two places which there is no +hit where there will be as soon as I get upgrades.

I like quartz because of the latency difference I can see when going through my rotation. I am in a dorm so some times I can maximize my rotation using it. Quartz really has given me no problem. I do not use the GCD feature because I think it gets in the way more than anything.

Ichaerus wrote:
Oh and I hear you were a giant fuckwad in some pug Naxx25, whats the deal with that Trist?

Here is a perfect example of me knowing my class. I joined a pug naxx 25 with TDA and there were two other Warlocks. During the trash pulls they started talking shit on vent about the "scrub lock" (referring to me) who was casting Rain of Fire and not Seed of Corruption. I at first ignored it. Then when they would not stop, I called the warlock out. I told him on vent that sarcastically that he was pro and I would do my best to study him during the raid. Later the warlock on vent told me he was going to show me how a destro lock really DPS's. I ignored it simply trying to stick to the content we were on. He finally posted in raid chat various insults to me in french because the majority of the group was Canadian. I myself have taken 2 years of french and my fuckwadness consisted of me on vent telling the warlock that he was an asshole and he should stop talking shit and start dpsing. When they decided to call the raid, he continued to harass me via pst. Like a coward he sent me a rude message then ignored me. So I had a guildie post the dps meters to him via pst just to prove for once and all that my rotations during the raid proved to be superior to that of which he was using so that it would just be over. From what my guildie who stayed in their vent said to me, they just kept talking shit about me, when the really it was just sad that he could not let it go.

In the situation I did my best to just leave it alone, but if someone is going to be a dick and can get away with it because he is in the guild that is pugging, there is only so much I am going to be silent on. Especially when the person that is "calling me out" is 100% incorrect on the initial argument.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necis
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Hi, I was on that pug naxx. I was not present for the beginning whatever argument you were having nor do I know or am friends with any of the locks in the raid. I was left with a poor impression of your guild mates behavior although if what you say about the beginning of the argument is accurate you were justified in standing up for yourself. For the record on Patchwerk my dmg meter showed 3 warlocks topping the meter you being 3rd place.

_________________
Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 pm

/Full support.

I was actually speaking to another warlock today about Rain of Fire vs. Seed of Corruption. Rain of Fire will do as much damage, if not much more so than SoC, depending on the pull, the amount of mobs, and how good the main tank can generate threat. This is factoring in Curse of Elements, Molten Core, and a boomkin's debuff. It was a sloppy situation and I agree that at points, you were forced into defending yourself when the best scenario would be to just link the damage meters with you destroying him over and over and over again. Numbers don't lie, but then again, fuck Canada.

Also, Necis, Patchwerk has nothing to do with AoE. On a straight up, single target fight, with his EXTREMELY LOW HIT RATING, I'm amazed he was 3rd regardless. Factor in the amount of misses he must've seen.


Last edited by Feardotpew on Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necis
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:47 pm

His statement was that his rotations were superior I assumed he meant all of them.

_________________
Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tristrium



Posts : 5
Join date : 2008-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Necis wrote:
Hi, I was on that pug naxx. I was not present for the beginning whatever argument you were having nor do I know or am friends with any of the locks in the raid. I was left with a poor impression of your guild mates behavior although if what you say about the beginning of the argument is accurate you were justified in standing up for yourself. For the record on Patchwerk my dmg meter showed 3 warlocks topping the meter you being 3rd place.

On our meters I was just behind the lock who was talking his nonsense on the patchwerk fight. But for overall damage done I was well past him. This was taken at the beginning of the argument (before his dps went down from 4 horsemen) and at the end of the raid. I was not claiming that my dps was going to be amazing for that pug. When the raid leader invited me I let them know I was in pvp destro spec and they were fine with it. It was an argument over Rain of Fire and Seed of Corruption on AoE pulls and he was incorrect. From there it was not about dps it was about him trying to personally attack me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Even if his rotations were "superior", I'm still certain that their gear was no where near equivalent, combined with the difference in +hit, and the douchebagery of French Canadians, I'm taking the position that the result would have been different if given different circumstances. Anyways, anything else to discuss about that naxx?

Edit: lol pvp destro coming in 3rd on Patchwerk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:22 am

Well no one forces you to do shit, so if you felt the best way to deal with a bunch of shit-talking french Canadian dipshits was to start a scene, that's on you. But that has nothing to do with your raid out-put, so don't sweat it, just be around for the raid tomorrow.

_________________
Putting the Sensual back in Non Consensual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Globals



Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 am

Ichaerus wrote:
bunch of shit-talking french Canadian dipshits

Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amalgarashi

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2008-04-17
Age : 26
Location : Bel Air, MD

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:31 am

this thread makes me miss demoniak, any sympathizers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 am

Of course Amal, but he's still around... kind, and unless you're a shit-talking dipshit, Globals, you can rest easy knowing that statement doesn't apply to you. Besides, I'm Canadian.

Surprise.

_________________
Putting the Sensual back in Non Consensual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amalgarashi

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2008-04-17
Age : 26
Location : Bel Air, MD

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:38 am

it's not the canadian people hate, even if you bag milk (srsly wtf), it's the french everyone hates, because seriously, what did the french ever do for anybody.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Globals



Posts : 21
Join date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:47 am

Amalgarashi wrote:
it's not the canadian people hate, even if you bag milk (srsly wtf), it's the french everyone hates, because seriously, what did the french ever do for anybody.

George St-Pierre?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amalgarashi

avatar

Posts : 412
Join date : 2008-04-17
Age : 26
Location : Bel Air, MD

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:03 am

sounds french, regardless of who he is, i hate him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BaronVardus

avatar

Posts : 89
Join date : 2008-09-24
Age : 30
Location : Dallastown, PA

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:55 am

EX-GUILD MEMBERS OPINIONS MAY VARY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tihson

avatar

Posts : 120
Join date : 2008-11-12
Age : 33
Location : Fort Hood, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:57 am

Hi, can we has a Voidwalker Tank warlock?

That would be sexy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/vtown16
Rishana

avatar

Posts : 307
Join date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:28 am

Feardotpew wrote:
Ichaerus wrote:
You're the guy they had to wait for to go to Maly10 right?

No Ich, that is another warlock friend of mine, Dahlyla.


i need pictures for proof saying you know a girl over the internet.

also

i used to be in TDA. lotta bads
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock   

Back to top Go down
 
Tristrium - Hybrid Warlock
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» How to deal with an IMBA warlock
» Requiem of a Warlock
» Lavandris - Aff Warlock - ACCEPTED
» Khromah - 578 Warlock
» Warlock T6 is the most wonderful ever!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Applications-
Jump to: