Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whitehalo - FFB

Go down 
+18
Smolder
Acclimator
Reckface
taldra
Necis
Vaslant
Varrius
Feardotpew
Tihson
BaronVardus
Globals
Amalgarashi
Petrus
Ichaerus
Xeos
Dora the Explorer
Thealfman
whitehalo
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thealfman

Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Vaslant wrote:
Thealfman wrote:
I think some people are confused about the difference between critiquing apps and out right insulting them. I may be new to this guild, but from my limited experience (Granted limited) belittling applicants is no way to go about this process. And dont make comments about how he used caps, hes pissed and I think its warranted.
1) You think I'm insulting him by asking if he was in <COMMUNISM>? The only thing I know about that guild is they like to post ALL CAPS recruitment msgs in /2. Other than that, I know nothing about them. It was meant as a joke that obviously you did not get.
2) How did I belittle him? '''\o_O/'''
3) I think I have to right to make comments about 9 lines of ALL CAPS text. I actually read the entire post when an applicant posts, I don't skim through it. Sitting through that amount of ALL CAPS is an eyesore, no matter if it was about eating cotton candy or defending himself against an asshat. I am not saying he was unjustified in making the post, content-wise, it just would've been a lot easier to read had it not been in ALL CAPS. You're seriously taking a lot of our posts out of context and getting butthurt about a lot of things when it's not necessary.

I apologize if I in any way made you feel insulted, belittled, less of a man, defamed, butthurt, ridiculed, dishonored, mocked, slighted or any other ill-feeling by my post. It was my intent to let you know two things: Amal is no longer a guild member, he's just trolling these forums; and, that I personally would've had an easier time reading your post had it not been in all caps. This DOESN'T mean you can't post in ALL CAPS, it just means it hurts some people's eyes when they read it.

Can we get back to some ACTUAL interviewing of the APPLICANT now?

To repeat: As for FFB vs. Arcane, have you researched this any? If so, what did you find out? I'm not a mage, but I'd like to see some proof since in all these mage apps here lately, people just mention one is better than the other and neglect to provide actual evidence. Thanks. <3

~ Sean

Vaslant I only read the first line but that was enough - My post was not in regards to your post - You are responding very fairly Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:35 pm

Deciding the best way to respond to the children, who seemed to have gone to the Shelarahn School of Poor Trolling for help on how to express their opinions, is to post a block of text in all caps in an equally disappointing fashion is a pretty sure-fire way to prevent people from being sympathetic, in case you were wondering.

But at least Shela got better at it with practice.
Back to top Go down
whitehalo

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:52 pm

to be honest i could care less if anyone didnt like the fact i used caps..i made my opionon known and thats all i wanted to do... as for FFB v arc...i dont think its a huge difference between them just have seen better geared arc mages do less overall damage than FFb....im not here to try to impress anyone just fill out the apps as intended...even though ti is a game and people like that who think of it as more than a game really need some help...whether or not im accepted wont make me /wrist...but yes i would like to join but hopefully this guild is nothing like the way you critize apps on here as if it was the end of the world i had a haste gem slotted into a yellow socket so i would get the socket bonus for hit,,,,,,god forbid....note to people its a game.......does everyone understand that
Back to top Go down
whitehalo

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 5:56 pm

and for someone being sympathetic...i could careless if someone felt bad...why would you..the guy menthioned in 1 sentence that FFb is dead and later on in the paragraph menthioned that why would i have a hit gem when arc mages only need 8% hit....obv he was drunk or just an idiot..so NO i dont want people being sympathetic about it....and if any of the posts stop me from being accepted to the guild..i will still sleep at night(btw with my gf) Amal im not sure if your a man or women either way u sound lonely
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:00 pm

i've been poking around for a rage response like that for so long... im ... so happy.

if you can't take a critique in an app, how are you going to handle it when you wipe the raid in uludar and get bluntly called out for doing something retardedly stupid like not getting behind the anvil?

yes it's just a game but you're applying to a rather well reputed endgame raiding guild. you should know your mage like the back of your hand if you're trying to be a competent raider in DD, however, you clearly do not.

Arcane rapes ffb, even 20/51/0 rapes ffb, i'm not going to go into details because it's all written up for you at elitistjerks.com, i suggest going there.

also, learn to control your rather volatile temper, it'll help in your future endeavors.
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Whitehalo, take a breath and stop E-thugging. Amal is not a current member of our guild and has no real bearing on your app. You however do.
Back to top Go down
whitehalo

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:07 pm

if you call what you wrote a critque than you are more of a retard than i thought....what Petrus wrote was a critque and i accepted it fine..what you wrote was someone who just wants to be an ass because your in iraid and better than anyone else....grats for that btw
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:07 pm

whitehalo wrote:
to be honest i could care less if anyone didnt like the fact i used caps..i made my opionon known and thats all i wanted to do... as for FFB v arc...i dont think its a huge difference between them just have seen better geared arc mages do less overall damage than FFb....im not here to try to impress anyone just fill out the apps as intended...even though ti is a game and people like that who think of it as more than a game really need some help...whether or not im accepted wont make me /wrist...but yes i would like to join but hopefully this guild is nothing like the way you critize apps on here as if it was the end of the world i had a haste gem slotted into a yellow socket so i would get the socket bonus for hit,,,,,,god forbid....note to people its a game.......does everyone understand that

ah... the age old argument of "its a game". while yes this may technically be a video game you are apping into a raiding guild. We are not looking for Joe everyone here but players of this game with skill, knowledge and an all business attitude when we need it.... I would rather us hurt your pride now, test your merit/ manhood, ability to shine under pressure, then just let an unqualified applicant into the guild. Then again I look at these app like a job posting, you would not half-ass a job app would you? If the employer wanted to test your knowledge and character, what better way to do that then to feed you to the wolves (or forum trolls as the case maybe). So if we are hard on you now its better then when we are in raid and fuck up and get chewed out over vent... cause you know... raiding guilds are srs bsns (sorry don't know the short hand for that one.)
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 pm

Necis wrote:
Whitehalo, take a breath and stop E-thugging. Amal is not a current member of our guild and has no real bearing on your app. You however do.
Sad who else will weed out the bad mages?
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:10 pm

I have no doubt of your knowledge Amal but I could use it dosed out with less venom.
Back to top Go down
whitehalo

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:25 pm

I guess i need to explain myself better....what i meant about being a game doesnt meani dont care but the fact that someone goes crazy that im FFB is totally uncalled for....so im a bad mage because i didnt go all out on my enchants since i will upgrade them and most of the gea ri have is from nov-dec when mats were crazy high in price..but also the fact that im FFB..your a raider dont tell me you havent seen FFB around and did you go into detail about how shitty tehy were because they are FFB...so when i say its only a game be clear about this i dont mean go into a raid and wipe everyone and laugh about it i mean when some retard freaks out over someone else's app that isnt even in the guild???? does nobody think thats a problem? I'm serious when i raid but that doesnt mean im gonna freak out at someone just because they wanna be hitcapped or have a certain spec..if i had all pvp gear on or all blues than i would expect that...every item i have is in the top 5 in the game currently(except my sword) and if that means im bad mage then maybe you should check your criteria..
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:34 pm

i (ofc im not in DD so it isnt up to me) would MUCH..... MUCH rather have a mage decked out in quest greens and heroic blues and maybe an epic or two and know everything about his class than somebody with almost best in slots know minimal info about his class.

you are clearly the latter.

Sure you know ffb works as a dps spec, and sure, it did back when everyone was first hitting 80 and geared out via heroics pre 3.0.8, but that is no longer the case. you're behind the times on mages.

if you wanted to be an endgame raider, you should constantly be keeping up to date on mage information, which you clearly have not been.
example: i already know what is changing in 3.1 and how i should spec according to that. if you wanted to join dd, you should too, but you dont.
Back to top Go down
whitehalo

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:42 pm

well i hope you don't mean the dual spec, cause if that's what your talking about... your right... i have no idea and you are the first person to know this information. grats! we are all proud of you.
Back to top Go down
Feardotpew

Feardotpew

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:47 pm

I know I know, not the most helpful piece of artwork out there, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't immediately remind me of this thread.

Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 12361210
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm done with the drama in all these threads. Back on topic:

whitehalo wrote:
as for FFB v arc...i dont think its a huge difference between them just have seen better geared arc mages do less overall damage than FFb....
So basically, you're making your decision to be FFB based on the mages you have been in raids with; ie - you haven't researched your spec, class, gems, etc. one bit? If you have, please let us know, because as you have led me to believe, you don't even know what ElitistJerks is, as well as what theorycrafting is. By all means, PLEASE prove me wrong because we need people who know their class based on evidence, not based on rumors and playing with other mages that could be running the wrong rotation, be gemmed wrong or just be bad Arc mages in general. Thanks in advance. Smile

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 6:55 pm

whitehalo wrote:
well i hope you don't mean the dual spec, cause if that's what your talking about... your right... i have no idea and you are the first person to know this information. grats! we are all proud of you.
i was kindof hoping for a serious/mildly intelligent response, but as expected, you only further proved your stupidity. Sad
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:30 pm

See amal much less asshatery and douchbagery in the last couple posts. You keep making strides with your people skills and we will make you a productive member of society yet.
Back to top Go down
whitehalo

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:32 pm

I research as much info as i can...theres always been a debate on whihc spec is better than the other and peoples opionion vary...i was both fire mage and arcane pre-wotlk and actually liked arcane more...the greta thing about arcane is needs less hitrating...then they nerved it and when wotlk came out it was the same for hitrating...which is better now..well same argument when it was BC...but if im being told i dont know about mages because i chose FFb then i guess i dont...i explained why i had certain gems in and also ny enchants..is my mage that far off..i dont belive so..1 gem doesnt make me that far off
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:34 pm

whitehalo wrote:
I research as much info as i can...theres always been a debate on whihc spec is better than the other and peoples opionion vary...i was both fire mage and arcane pre-wotlk and actually liked arcane more...the greta thing about arcane is needs less hitrating...then they nerved it and when wotlk came out it was the same for hitrating...which is better now..well same argument when it was BC...but if im being told i dont know about mages because i chose FFb then i guess i dont...i explained why i had certain gems in and also ny enchants..is my mage that far off..i dont belive so..1 gem doesnt make me that far off

i bolded the fail and italized the epic fail.

sorry necis, maybe next time. Sad lol
Back to top Go down
Reckface

Reckface

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I love you, Fear.

Oh and he called me a troll, BUT he said 'your' SO IT WAS PARRIED, JUST LIKE ACCLIMATOR.
Back to top Go down
Acclimator

Acclimator

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:36 pm

Reckface wrote:
I love you, Fear.

Oh and he called me a troll, BUT he said 'your' SO IT WAS PARRIED, JUST LIKE ACCLIMATOR.

Hmm?
Back to top Go down
Smolder

Smolder

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:37 pm

PARRIED! ICEBOUND FORTITUDE UP OSHI--

Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 20por61

Last edited by Smolder on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
whitehalo

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:38 pm

dam i just noticed your 18..rofl...at that age i was out getting laid and drinking not staying behind a computer playing a game all day long...damn thats epic fail right there...go get a gf and stop playing wow for a little bit loser
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:39 pm

whitehalo wrote:
dam i just noticed your 18..rofl...at that age i was out getting laid and drinking not staying behind a computer playing a game all day long...damn thats epic fail right there...go get a gf and stop playing wow for a little bit loser

Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 Coolstorybro
Back to top Go down
Acclimator

Acclimator

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Smolder wrote:
PARRIED! ICEBOUND FORTITUDE UP OSHI--

Hmm?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whitehalo - FFB   Whitehalo - FFB - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whitehalo - FFB
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Applications-