HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:54 pm

WOW ARMORY LINK: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Dor%C3%A4


CASTERS ONLY
Spellpower: 1964
Mp5 (while casting): 284
Hit: 0
Crit: 20.6%
Haste: 403
All stats are Unbuffed of course

What is your trinket set-up? Do you have the 2 minute PvP trinket? Do you need any obvious upgrades? Badge trinket for haste and alchy stone, if I find an upgrade that would be cool but what I have works for me.

What is your glyph set-up? Majors-LHW increased if target is affect by ES, Increased passive MP5 with WS, Chain heal now hits 4 targets. Minors-Regent free Water Walking and Ankh & WS orb increased by 1.

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?) I am from Florida and I do speak english quite well.

How old are you? 21 and yes I will buy beer for the minors.

Do you have a mic/headset for vent? Yep and they both work quite well

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc? I've got Bartender for my UI and I use HealBot to enhance ez-healz mode =) but I can also heal without HealBot

Raid Experience (No one cares about 10 or 25 Vault or what you killed post 3.0 in BC) Cleared Naxx 10 & 25 lots, Cleared Maly 10, and cleared Sarth 10 & 25 with 1 drake.

Guild History Currently my husband and I are the GM's of Death Dealerz we have had this guild for a while and we really tried to build a strong raiding guild but we had some childish raiders who stopped caring about showing up to raids, so I am moving on. But before that I was in D&C and raided with them in BC

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times I'm cool with all times and days.

Are you prepared for the next scheduled raid? (Yes means you're going to be on and ready during our scheduled raid time fyi) Yep I'm always ready and prepared.

Reason(s) for applying Thealfman was in my guild and we are BFF's and he told me to apply because I am totally awesome. =)

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done[b] Because I am by far the best resto shaman on this server and whenever I heal a raid WITHOUT Thealfman, I am always on top and I'm a girl =) Also, on a serious note, I know my character and I know the fights and I am a quick learner and a dedicated player and if I sign up for a raid you can count on me to be there unless my daughter has chopped her head off then I might be a little late.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Well, as I said before in guild chat. Dora is an extremely good resto shaman and overall player. Mature, reliable, fast learner, skilled. I'm not sure how this vouching stuff works and I realize I'm new to the guild. But I put myself 100% behind this application.


Last edited by Thealfman on Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:15 pm

Your name makes me want to sob. I wanted to get a name change to "Dora" just for that title. God I hope you're a good healer, I'd love to see you in the guild.

Also, everything I just said is completely biased, based on the name+title.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:19 pm

I think you're the only Resto Shaman I've ever seen without 5/5 Thundering Strikes. Most people skimp out on Healing Focus or Healing Way (Since there's not a whole lot of times you're going to be called on to do a lot of heavy duty single-target healing) to grab it.

Your gem choices also seem kind of like you can't decide what to itemize for.

And as far as the vouching stuff goes, Alf, it means what if she's bad it's on you.

_________________
Putting the Sensual back in Non Consensual.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taldra

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2008-06-06
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 am

Ichaerus wrote:
I think you're the only Resto Shaman I've ever seen without 5/5 Thundering Strikes. Most people skimp out on Healing Focus or Healing Way (Since there's not a whole lot of times you're going to be called on to do a lot of heavy duty single-target healing) to grab it.

Your gem choices also seem kind of like you can't decide what to itemize for.

And as far as the vouching stuff goes, Alf, it means what if she's bad it's on you.

ya... what Ich said...


Why gem for haste? when you would be better off with the stright +int gems.

also are you why no mana tide glyph over LHW glyph? with the mana regen nerfs that are about to be handed out 28% mana return is going to far out way the benefit of more healing from lesser healing wave on ES targets? or do you find yourself still running 10 man raids where lhw glyph is a little more usefull.

but other then the wierd haste and crit gems on a shammy over int and mp5, gear looks good, and its enchanted!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:24 am

Ichaerus wrote:
And as far as the vouching stuff goes, Alf, it means what if she's bad it's on you.

Defiantly vouch then.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:18 am

taldra wrote:
Ichaerus wrote:
I think you're the only Resto Shaman I've ever seen without 5/5 Thundering Strikes. Most people skimp out on Healing Focus or Healing Way (Since there's not a whole lot of times you're going to be called on to do a lot of heavy duty single-target healing) to grab it.

Your gem choices also seem kind of like you can't decide what to itemize for.

And as far as the vouching stuff goes, Alf, it means what if she's bad it's on you.

ya... what Ich said...


Why gem for haste? when you would be better off with the stright +int gems.

also are you why no mana tide glyph over LHW glyph? with the mana regen nerfs that are about to be handed out 28% mana return is going to far out way the benefit of more healing from lesser healing wave on ES targets? or do you find yourself still running 10 man raids where lhw glyph is a little more usefull.

but other then the wierd haste and crit gems on a shammy over int and mp5, gear looks good, and its enchanted!

The reason I gem my stuff for haste+mp5 is becuse I have like 20k mana unbuffed so why gem to have to more when I have enough and the more haste I have the more effective my healing is going to be because haste=faster heals. I have changed my gems around so much geming for stats that I need atm, and right now I need haste and more mp5. And as far as the crit gems go, the amount of healing that ES procs for is based off of my crit. And before I started geming for crit and got my 5/5 valorous, my crit was real low so now that its at 20% I'm pretty impressed with that. And as far as my spec goes and why I have the Healing Way or 5/5 Thundering Strikes is because right now when I raid most of the time I find my self being a single target healer more then the raid healer I should be because not many people other then Alf can out heal me. But once that changes and I'm not doing so much single target healing and more raid healing then I will change my spec and change my glyphs around. And as far as my glyph goes, I've had the same glyphs pretty much since the day I ding'd 80 and haven't really checked to see if any new ones were out there so I've stuck with what I have. But I'll have to check out this mana tide glyph anything to give me some more mana back from that damn thing when I'm going OOM would be awesome. Also to you guys saying that if I'm bad then your blaming Alf and that is fine, but I'm not bad, I know how to heal, I know what I'm doing as far as my spec and my gems and my glyphs go. It might not be doing what everyone else thinks I should be doing, but I'm open to opinions, but when it comes down to it, its my 15 bucks a month that pays for this game, I'm the one who busted my ass to get to 80 to have an awesome healer, and I've been spec'd resto and healing everything on my shaman since like lvl 20. So I've had some practice at learning how to heal and all that good shit. I'm not a hard person to get along with, just please dont nit pick my gear apart because I have haste gems. I know they are there, I put them there and until my haste is at where I want it, they will stay there. Other then that thanks for the comments on my app..hope to hear more. afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taldra

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2008-06-06
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:23 am

Dora the Explorer wrote:
The reason I gem my stuff for haste+mp5 is becuse I have like 20k mana unbuffed so why gem to have to more when I have enough and the more haste I have the more effective my healing is going to be because haste=faster heals.

ok, while 20K unbuffed mana is impressive, the Int gems do not just give more mana, they also increase Crit, healing power, and mana regen (granted that is out of combat regen but still). and while more haste is always nice to get that one spell off just that much quicker to maybe save someone life, it will not make your healing "more effective" unless you mean that it helps pad the meters in some way (please keep in mind I have not been or will i ever be a huge fan or supporter of haste...).



Dora the Explorer wrote:
I have changed my gems around so much geming for stats that I need atm, and right now I need haste and more mp5. And as far as the crit gems go, the amount of healing that ES procs for is based off of my crit. And before I started geming for crit and got my 5/5 valorous, my crit was real low so now that its at 20% I'm pretty impressed with that.

ok, like i said above im not a fan of haste but if you like it keep it. as for the the ES procs based off of crit, i'm just going to assume that you mean that the chance for ES to crit is based off you crit chance so that is why you have the crit gem and wanted to be at 20% crit. because as far as I've ever read/ heard the amount of healing done by ES is off of the SP that you have. If this is not the case can you point me to the place that you found this information.?


Dora the Explorer wrote:
And as far as my spec goes and why I have the Healing Way or 5/5 Thundering Strikes is because right now when I raid most of the time I find my self being a single target healer more then the raid healer I should be because not many people other then Alf can out heal me. But once that changes and I'm not doing so much single target healing and more raid healing then I will change my spec and change my glyphs around.


ok i think there was some confusion on this, according to your armory ( http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Dor%C3%A4 ) you do not 5/5 thundering strikes, but you have 3/3 healing focus, and 1/3 elemental weapons. now healing focus could be explained away by not having a holy pally in raid, but why waste the single point in elemental weapons and not get 1 more point in thundering strikes for more crit?


Dora the Explorer wrote:
And as far as my glyph goes, I've had the same glyphs pretty much since the day I ding'd 80 and haven't really checked to see if any new ones were out there so I've stuck with what I have. But I'll have to check out this mana tide glyph anything to give me some more mana back from that damn thing when I'm going OOM would be awesome.

like i said in my other comment, if you find yourself healing 10mans more then 25 mans the LWH glyph will mostlikely out shine the mana tide one but if gives you some options. also with 3.1 coming out soon and the nerf coming to mana regen the mana tide glyph maybe a requirement for shammys just like chain heal glyph is currently.




Dora the Explorer wrote:
It might not be doing what everyone else thinks I should be doing, but I'm open to opinions, but when it comes down to it, its my 15 bucks a month that pays for this game, I'm the one who busted my ass to get to 80 to have an awesome healer, and I've been spec'd resto and healing everything on my shaman since like lvl 20. So I've had some practice at learning how to heal and all that good shit. I'm not a hard person to get along with, just please dont nit pick my gear apart because I have haste gems. I know they are there, I put them there and until my haste is at where I want it, they will stay there. Other then that thanks for the comments on my app..hope to hear more. afro

I was by no means try to imply that you didn't know what your doing, however if the questions are not asked then how are we to know if you know what your doing or if you just cookie cuttered it and go with that. besides since we don't have may resto shammy in the guild it is nice to talk shop with on every now and again Very Happy. also while it maybe your 15 bucks that lets you play how you want, its all of our 15 bucks that lets you get raids off the ground and helps you gear, so when we make suggestions its to help the whole and not just the individual (or at least that is my whole take on raiding.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:38 am

taldra wrote:

I was by no means try to imply that you didn't know what your doing, however if the questions are not asked then how are we to know if you know what your doing or if you just cookie cuttered it and go with that. besides since we don't have may resto shammy in the guild it is nice to talk shop with on every now and again Very Happy. also while it maybe your 15 bucks that lets you play how you want, its all of our 15 bucks that lets you get raids off the ground and helps you gear, so when we make suggestions its to help the whole and not just the individual (or at least that is my whole take on raiding.)

Well said Taldra. I like the fact that you are supporting your decisions with explanations and it is not just a random tossing in of gems because that does lead me to believe you think things through and if something changes you can as well.

I am going to assume that you and your husband are a "package" deal in that it is both or neither. Though we are in need of both a Shaman and a mage, so please be ready on Tuesday to raid and not saved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2008-08-01
Age : 32
Location : H-TOOWWWN!

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:13 am

Dora the Explorer wrote:
Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc? I've got Bartender for my UI and I use HealBot to enhance ez-healz mode =) but I can also heal without HealBot
Have you tried Grid? I always hear about how good it is. Just curious. <3

Dora the Explorer wrote:
Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done Because I am by far the best resto shaman on this server and whenever I heal a raid WITHOUT Thealfman, I am always on top and I'm a girl =) Also, on a serious note, I know my character and I know the fights and I am a quick learner and a dedicated player and if I sign up for a raid you can count on me to be there unless my daughter has chopped her head off then I might be a little late.
All I saw what "I'm a girl =)" until I saw something about someone chopping their head off. I'd hope you would miss that day and not show up, God forbid that ever happens. I think you'd be excused. Razz

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:54 am

Xeos wrote:


I am going to assume that you and your husband are a "package" deal in that it is both or neither. Though we are in need of both a Shaman and a mage, so please be ready on Tuesday to raid and not saved.

My husband is Mageofdeath and we are not nessecarily a "package" deal because I have been in other guilds without him before, we both pretty do whatever we want but, we do like to raid together and be in same guild together but that sometimes is not the case and that is fine, but we do try to stick together just because we are a couple and everyone who knows "Dora and Mage" know that we are married and blah blah blah... afro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:20 pm

=D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

avatar

Posts : 558
Join date : 2008-08-01
Age : 32
Location : H-TOOWWWN!

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:43 pm

Xeos wrote:
=D
You say that now, Xeos, but take not of the special character in her name. Lol.

"Dorä the Explorer"

Alt + 0228 is your new best friend come tomorrow. Razz

OR! You can copy and paste the character above. Will make life easier I'm sure.

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com/
- Z -

avatar

Posts : 2012
Join date : 2007-12-09
Location : Surrounded by primitive screwheads

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Strongest case for me coming back is for my misogyny to counterbalance Vaslant's aggressive pseudo-feminism.


Go out out and buy some estrogen pills and a muzzle to keep your tongue from lollygagging about whenever a female apps.

/glare

_________________
I don't know why my girlfriend gets so mad at me for always being right, I don't get mad at her for always being wrong.
Zyzzx - 80 Shadow Priest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:44 pm

I only stated the fact that I am girl in my application to be a joke because I like to joke around alot and make people laugh, but I can be srs biznez too if I need to be. So don't get over excited about me having a baby shoot

LOL

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Smolder

avatar

Posts : 505
Join date : 2007-12-22
Age : 97
Location : Lakeland, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 pm

She has two kids and a husband, tread carefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Smolder wrote:
She has two kids and a husband, tread carefully.

Thats right I do have a daughter and a son and a husband, but what does this have to with how I play my character? Please don't reply to application and be an idiot because you think you know me just because you and your friend Reckface like to harrass me and my husband. I don't come and find you and start saying stupid shit to you so please don't do the same thing. I don't appreicate it and if this kind of thing is condoned(sp?) in Damage Done then I do not want to be a part of that. So stop trolling your bullshit on my application, your not even a member of damage done according to your sigs so this is none of your business, SIR. Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taldra

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2008-06-06
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:30 pm

she said good day sir, GOOD DAY... lol so troll issues ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:41 pm

No we don't approve of that kind of behavior. Reckface and Smolder both of you left for your own reasons, why come back here to harass our apps?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:44 pm

Xeos wrote:
No we don't approve of that kind of behavior. Reckface and Smolder both of you left for your own reasons, why come back here to harass our apps?

Thanks Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:21 pm

Dora the Explorer wrote:
Smolder wrote:
She has two kids and a husband, tread carefully.

Thats right I do have a daughter and a son and a husband, but what does this have to with how I play my character? Please don't reply to application and be an idiot because you think you know me just because you and your friend Reckface like to harrass me and my husband. I don't come and find you and start saying stupid shit to you so please don't do the same thing. I don't appreicate it and if this kind of thing is condoned(sp?) in Damage Done then I do not want to be a part of that. So stop trolling your bullshit on my application, your not even a member of damage done according to your sigs so this is none of your business, SIR. Thanks

As you'll answer it, take heed
This Slave commit no Violence upon
Himself. I've been deceiv'd. The Publick Safety
Requires he should be more confin'd; and none,
No not the Princes self, permitted to
Confer with him. I'll quit you to the King.
Vile and ingrate! too late thou shalt repent
The base Injustice thou hast done my Love:
Yes, thou shalt know, spite of thy past Distress,
And all those Ills which thou so long hast mourn'd;
Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

Congreve, William. In the Mourning bride. 1697.


Last edited by Thealfman on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:33 pm

[quote="Thealfman"]
Dora the Explorer wrote:
Smolder wrote:
She has two kids and a husband, tread carefully.

As you'll answer it, take heed
This Slave commit no Violence upon
Himself. I've been deceiv'd. The Publick Safety
Requires he should be more confin'd; and none,
No not the Princes self, permitted to
Confer with him. I'll quit you to the King.
Vile and ingrate! too late thou shalt repent
The base Injustice thou hast done my Love:
Yes, thou shalt know, spite of thy past Distress,
And all those Ills which thou so long hast mourn'd;
Heav'n has no Rage, like Love to Hatred turn'd,
Nor Hell a Fury, like a Woman scorn'd.

Lawl I <3 you Alf I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Necis
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 466
Join date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:54 pm

Alf I am ever so disappointed when people dont attribute the source of their material.

_________________
Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent. - Friedrich Nietzsche
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dora the Explorer

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-03-01
Location : Tampa, FL

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:07 pm

Necis wrote:
Alf I am ever so disappointed when people dont attribute the source of their material.

That was a poem Alf wrote for me regarding my nerd rage to doublejump.


lol jk


i dont know where its from but my response sounds good. drunken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
taldra

avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2008-06-06
Age : 34

PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:13 pm

William Congreve, in The mourning bride, 1697

that is where its from Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]   

Back to top Go down
 
[Withdrawn] Dora the Explorer [RESTO SHAMAN]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Litant - Resto Druid - WITHDRAWN
» Runthor, eldest son of Darnash - Orc Shaman
» Grahlim the wandering shaman
» Elemental Shaman Application
» TOwowCN - Suppot forum 3.3.5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Applications-
Jump to: