HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:46 am

Hello... I've waited my month and am here to reapply, I am a resto druid, but once duel specs come out I will be more then happy to tank/heal.

Armory link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Thealfman

Talents 14/0/57

SP (Tree): 2021
Mp5: 936


A 2-minute PVP trinket? - No

A resist set of some kind? (fire, frost, nature, or shadow?) - No

What is your trinket set-up? Do you need any obvious upgrades - No I like my set up, check my armory.

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?) - NJ, USA I speak english

How old are you? - 20

Do you have a mic for vent? - Yep

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up lose aggro, etc? - Healbot, lifebloom, grid


Your raid experience. Both Pre and Post TBC experience. Include fights you have seen personally (on your main character) but have not defeated. - iraid guild, got ddep into BT


A short guild history. You will not be automatically disqualified for being in a bad guild (everyone makes mistakes). You should briefly discuss why you moved from one guild to the next. If you were kicked out, include any relevant details. You are allowed to be guilded while you recruit with us. You are encouraged to remain honest.

-I was only in iraid, they died :/

The reason you are applying to Damage Done. Please give more than just a, "I want to raid" reason. We're looking for something more along the lines of, "I can't make my guild's raid times" or "My guild doesn't need my spec in a raid" and other legitimate reasons.

- I am finding myself constantly having to explain fights over and over to immature and bad players, as well as acting like their parent when the raid freaks out. I desperately want to find people that play to win know how to have fun but when its time to get work done, they do. So as I said last time, I'm looking to join a guild that will strive to reach goals and that can work together as a team and have fun. Plus you guys are pretty awesome, and a talented bunch.

Finally, tell us in one or two sentences why you would be a good addition to Damage Done. You may include humor, non sequiturs, or anything else you haven't covered.
-I am good, I never quit, and I learn from mistakes, I am reliable, most of all I love the challenge of the game and hope to find some like people to beat it with.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times. - Yes and I can make all raid times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:53 am

What timing. As it stands our current tree may only be able to make it to one raid a week now due to a scheduling conflict with life (life pffft), which leaves a vacancy as of a coupe days ago. Your gear has significantly improved since you last app'd.

This week we have cleared Maly and Sarth already and are just finishing up Naxx tonight, will you be available for a trial run tonight?

Also Steakems feel free to give this guys' spec/gear&gemming a run through once for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:58 am

Xeos wrote:
What timing. As it stands our current tree may only be able to make it to one raid a week now due to a scheduling conflict with life (life pffft), which leaves a vacancy as of a coupe days ago. Your gear has significantly improved since you last app'd.

This week we have cleared Maly and Sarth already and are just finishing up Naxx tonight, will you be available for a trial run tonight?

Also Steakems feel free to give this guys' spec/gear&gemming a run through once for me.

Xeos, I will not be able to make it tonight. I am saved to 25naxx this week. I had not intented to reapply until next week, however after running 25naxx last night with my current guild, I came to the realization that not everyone (The majority) cares about staying alive, killing bosses, or really doing anything other then make macros :/. So sorry about me being saved, however Id be glad to run any heroics, 10 man maly, 10 sarth, 25 sarth, 10 vault, 25 maly. I understand you may be saved to a few of them, but let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:02 am

That being said be ready for a trial run next Tuesday please. If we get any 10man content tonight or on Sunday that we run(we usually dont run guild 10man content) I will let you know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rexing



Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:02 pm

Hey guy druid person, why no swiftmend? Sad Also, why imp tranquility?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petrus

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 29
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:12 pm

I don't know that much about druids, but it seems you probably could have used your Dragon's Eye prismatics in better places. You put a 27spi and a 32 spellpower in opposite colored sockets to get a 6 haste bonus which seems rather trivial. Thus, you don't seem to be gemming in any particular direction, but sometimes for regen and sometimes for more spellpower. Would it not make more sense to either go 27spi/16spi or 19spellpower/32spellpower in the red/blue sockets in the chest?

It's a really minor thing, and maybe it's what you should be doing, but it seems to me that if I were a JC (and I may be soon) I'd be gemming to one particular thing with my dragon's eyes and not splitting them. At the very least I probably wouldn't use both in one piece of gear. Generally the idea is to use them in the worst colored socket for your class/spec (blue for most dpsers and holy paladins, yellow for druid tanks, red for plate tanks, etc) to make up for the bad socket with your best stat gem.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Secondary

avatar

Posts : 764
Join date : 2007-12-21
Age : 27
Location : Arizona

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:53 pm

Swiftmend is a cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aliissa

avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 28
Location : Qc, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:12 pm

Petrus wrote:
It's a really minor thing, and maybe it's what you should be doing, but it seems to me that if I were a JC (and I may be soon) I'd be gemming to one particular thing with my dragon's eyes and not splitting them. .

Actually dragon's eyes gems are unique. So he may have put a spell power one and a spirit one on the same piece of gear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petrus

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 29
Location : Minnesota

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:36 pm

No I understand that. You can have three Dragon's eyes in your gear at once, I'm just saying I would do it differently and not put two in the same piece of gear, along with the other arguments I made for it up above.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:08 pm

Rexing wrote:
Hey guy druid person, why no swiftmend? Sad Also, why imp tranquility?

Alright I'm going too have 3 responses here because I want to answer all questions by quoting.

First of all, Hello Very Happy... The reason for no swiftmend is that imo its a very minor heal, roughly 5K with a CD and you must have hots currently on the target.. Basically, I rarely used it when i was speced into it and feel that its a waste of talent points for raid healing. If you strongly disagree with this, which many have, give me a chance to show you my in game healing. Just because its different doesn't mean its wrong Shocked. I do like to keep an open mind, and have no problem going back to it if you present a solid argument.

I use imp Tranq because it lessens CD and in my current guild and raiding situation this comes in handy to keep the tanks alive in dire situations (I will probably spec out of this with more competent healers)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Petrus wrote:
I don't know that much about druids, but it seems you probably could have used your Dragon's Eye prismatics in better places. You put a 27spi and a 32 spellpower in opposite colored sockets to get a 6 haste bonus which seems rather trivial. Thus, you don't seem to be gemming in any particular direction, but sometimes for regen and sometimes for more spellpower. Would it not make more sense to either go 27spi/16spi or 19spellpower/32spellpower in the red/blue sockets in the chest?

It's a really minor thing, and maybe it's what you should be doing, but it seems to me that if I were a JC (and I may be soon) I'd be gemming to one particular thing with my dragon's eyes and not splitting them. At the very least I probably wouldn't use both in one piece of gear. Generally the idea is to use them in the worst colored socket for your class/spec (blue for most dpsers and holy paladins, yellow for druid tanks, red for plate tanks, etc) to make up for the bad socket with your best stat gem.

Simple answer for you sir. I put dragon eyes in the first t7.5 gear that I got. I don't fully understand your second point ("You don't seem to be gemming in any particular direction, but sometimes for regen and sometimes for more spellpower"), thats exactly the point, I am gemming for both SP and regen. As for matching socket colors, the dragon eyes match any color. As to your point about the worst colored sockets, I will be changing out some of my 8 spirit + 8 intell and 8 Intell + 9 SP with the new 9 SP + 8 Spirit so if a problem arises u will see dragon eyes in different locations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Petrus wrote:
No I understand that. You can have three Dragon's eyes in your gear at once, I'm just saying I would do it differently and not put two in the same piece of gear, along with the other arguments I made for it up above.

Same answer, first t7 gear I got I put the best gems possible in, hence multiple dragon eyes in one piece of gear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steakems

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2008-07-29
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:30 pm

I'll look tonight when I get off work but yeah swiftmend is win and if you think it is usless you are doing it wrong.

Look at the wws from last night it is great for if the tank dips or someone you already have a rejuv/ regeowth on is getting low

Plus when you use it mostly 100% healing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steakems

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2008-07-29
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:34 pm

What they mean to say is
Red socket 19 sp
Blue socket 9sp mp5 or spirit
Yellow socket jc gems or int/spirit or int/ spellpower

Jc gems go in yellow sockets to get the socket bonus

But your stats look good on paper well see how you do on Tuesday v me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Steakems wrote:
What they mean to say is
Red socket 19 sp
Blue socket 9sp mp5 or spirit
Yellow socket jc gems or int/spirit or int/ spellpower

Jc gems go in yellow sockets to get the socket bonus

But your stats look good on paper well see how you do on Tuesday v me

Steakems, how much healing does your swiftmend do, and how often do you use it. I find myself using natures swiftness when the tank gets in dire situations (Yes it is a 3 min CD, however when compared to swiftmend it is a significantly larger heal, somewhere in the ball park of 12-15K). I found that swiftmend was not giving me the amount of heals necessary to make a difference (3-5K is not going to save many lives when it comes to tanks, imo..). Also, I do acknowledge that my gems are somewhat chaotic however, they currently work and give me a good balance of mp5 and SP, I will be changing some of my gems in the short future to add the 9 SP + 8 Spi and also to accommodate for the t7.5 helm (Granted I can roll above a 13 on it... lost on it 3 times Sad 2, 5, 13).

I look forward to healing against you. I have not been out healed in a very long time, granted druids are advantaged over other healing classes, and you no doubt are very skilled and have moderately better stats then me. All I have to say is don't go easy I don't intend to be beaten.

Quick clause for anyone that wants to tell me its not all about meters its about not letting the raid die - I fully agree, I don't even have that addon cause I don't want to get distracted, however, I still have no intention of being beaten Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:53 pm

Quick question for you steakems. Why don't you have talent points in master shapeshifter. That can give you an additional 4% SP. Which in your current build would award you 80 more SP.

Also, how often do you use healing touch? I only use it with my natures swiftness combo to eliminate the casting time.

Looking at your talent build it appears that you speced into it (Which if this is effective I might have to do, never really thought about it so please counter my points I am going to make below)

It has a 3 second cast time (With a 1.5 second global CD), with your current haste its probably at 2.8 seconds. Adding in 5 talent points in naturalist its down to 2.3 seconds. Then if you crit it could potentially be down to 1.8 seconds. Granted your trinket could up your haste by 500 so lets say best case scenario you can cast it in 1.5 seconds. Thats the advantages.

Now the negatives:

Your losing 6 talent points that could go to Master Shapeshifter (5 from naturalist and 1 from empowered touch). Also you are losing valuable time that could be devoted to putting (3 stacks of lifebloom, rejuv, regrowth, and the occasional wild growth) on every tank (Depending on fight) and renewing them on multiple targets (Again best case 1.5 second cast with no hot attached). I also never really thought of a druid healer as a single target large healer (No doubt they have that ability) however it seems that you are limiting yourself in that capacity. I think what you did by not putting talent points into natural shapeshifter was a great idea (Wish I didn't have to do that), however I'm not sure if the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. If you swear by this talent build I may have to give it a try, as I said I have never giving your build much thought and I like its possibilities, my complaint it that why make a druid healer into a pally or priest healer when they are unique in their abilities to use hots.


Last edited by Thealfman on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:48 pm

Ok. Here. I think...no...propose:
a) A duel between Steakems and SenorAlfman.
b) Winner gets a spot in the guild. Loser joins Havok.
c) Loser pays me 1,000g.
d) Winner pays me 1,000g.
e) Eatmyhealz pays the loser and winner 1,000g each.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Feardotpew wrote:
Ok. Here. I think...no...propose:
a) A duel between Steakems and SenorAlfman.
b) Winner gets a spot in the guild. Loser joins Havok.
c) Loser pays me 1,000g.
d) Winner pays me 1,000g.
e) Eatmyhealz pays the loser and winner 1,000g each.

Heh, the fight would never end, resto vs resto = infinity fight :/
I agree with option (e) however
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aliissa

avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 28
Location : Qc, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Feardotpew wrote:
Ok. Here. I think...no...propose:
a) A duel between Steakems and SenorAlfman.
b) Winner gets a spot in the guild. Loser joins Havok.
c) Loser pays me 1,000g.
d) Winner pays me 1,000g.
e) Eatmyhealz pays the loser and winner 1,000g each.

No no Fear, this is not fair! You forgot me in this thing! I have to receive golds somehwere too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:31 pm

Completely fair and completely unbiased deals are for guildies only. It's ok, maybe next time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steakems

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2008-07-29
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:03 pm

So this is what I would change.
GEMS:

Chest: Red socket =19 SP; blue socket = JC 32 SP gem
Shoulders: Blue socket = JC 32 SP Gem
Legs: Red socket = 19 SP; Yellow socket = JC 32 SP gem
Belt: 19 SP gem

as far as swiftmend goes
normal hit is around 6k
Crits for 11kish

I use it more often than i could NS+HT

and our last set of WWS shows i used HT like 4-5 times because i forgot to swap back nourish lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thealfman



Posts : 68
Join date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:30 pm

Steakems wrote:
So this is what I would change.
GEMS:

Chest: Red socket =19 SP; blue socket = JC 32 SP gem
Shoulders: Blue socket = JC 32 SP Gem
Legs: Red socket = 19 SP; Yellow socket = JC 32 SP gem
Belt: 19 SP gem

as far as swiftmend goes
normal hit is around 6k
Crits for 11kish

I use it more often than i could NS+HT

and our last set of WWS shows i used HT like 4-5 times because i forgot to swap back nourish lol

Thanks for the gem data. I think we just have a different style. After my try with you guys on tuesday I'd be happy to change what ever you think necessary, until then I'm going to hold firm on my current talent build.

If you only used it 4-5 times why not spec out of it and get the additional 4% SP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Feardotpew

avatar

Posts : 315
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Thealfman wrote:
until then I'm going to hold firm on my current talent build.

-50dkp for holding true to your own beliefs. new applicants should be like clay, malleable, bending to the beliefs of steakems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aliissa

avatar

Posts : 67
Join date : 2009-01-04
Age : 28
Location : Qc, Canada

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:58 am

Feardotpew wrote:
-50dkp for holding true to your own beliefs. new applicants should be like clay, malleable, bending to the beliefs of steakems.

I don't agree Fear, as usual Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Steakems

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2008-07-29
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:54 am

4% sp isn't going break me I often run with less than you when I have my spirit trinket. Plus for me 30% mana cost on shapeshifting is a waste of 3 talents for me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: [Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid   

Back to top Go down
 
[Accepted]Thealfman - Resto Druid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Litant - Resto Druid - WITHDRAWN
» druid................
» New druid forms - black skin
» Meherrin, Druid of Mulgore
» Ulrak - Feral Druid - ACCEPTED

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Applications-
Jump to: