Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter

Go down 
+5
Secondary
Demoniack
Kamma
Malaese
valarue2
9 posters
AuthorMessage
valarue2

[DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter Empty
PostSubject: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:25 pm

valarue-41/20 bm/survival hunter
AP-1642 unbuffed hit-116 crit- 20.06%
ssc-vashj(never downed) tk-kael(never downed)
full epic geared-ssc/tk/kara gear.
i think i can bring raiding exp. and a few laughs to the guild Razz always willing to take advice to get better, can also bring a 70 priest (kz geared holy/shadow) with 1500+ healing to the guild Razz
i want to join a guild that is progressing/wants to progress farther into end game content..
Order of Affinity-rehab-coup de grace-dog it off.. left Order of affinity for a raid spot with rehab, left rehab to rejoin friends in coup de grace/ change of leadership with in rehab.. looking for progression with a new guild.. just looking for a good time raiding with people that know what the heck there doing..
Yes i can make the raids. sundays may be hard to do but will try my best to be off work and at home at the raid time posted.. if for some reason i cnat make a raid i will give more then 24 hour notice to the gm/officers with in the guild that i wont be able to make it.

and finally... i want to join damage done! and you know you guys want me! rofl j/k looking forward to hearing back from you guys/gals soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 2:08 pm

Thank you for your application, it will be reviewed. Please allow up to a few days for a response. Also, please provide a link to your armory and complete the rest of the application, such as the 2 upgrades question.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 3:18 pm

I'm hoping the gear on your armory right now is a joke set.

Strength: 150 (67+83)... Gorehowl... Mithril Chain of Heroism...

The reason I think this is a joke set: you are wearing the violet badge.

However, the fact that your crit on the armory is 20.06% and you quote the same figure in your application...

affraid

No scope... Stam/agi leg armor... Stam boot enchant instead of agi?

Care to log out in your real set? Or is that it.
Back to top Go down
valarue2

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 5:41 pm

two upgrades to my armor would be void reaver greaves from vr in tk.. and my bow from vashj... that would be the best gear upgrade for me at this time..

and the link to my profile!http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Valarue

and yeah im wearing my arcane resist badge.. i soke arcane damnage in kara for my current guild.. sorry the guild im in right now im the best for it... and my pants its the best i got right now.. and as for my gear being a joke.. rehab didnt think it was a joke when they took me to kael and vashj... so befor you call my gear a joke it gets the job done till these bosses start droping my gear i need....
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:17 pm

<There was no need for this comment about another guild> - Malaese

Malaese, you speak German ?

<Babelfish ist Ihr Freund> - Malaese

Last edited by on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:30 pm

valarue wrote:
and a few laughs to the guild

Quote :
Gorehowl...
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Secondary wrote:
valarue wrote:
and a few laughs to the guild

Quote :
Gorehowl...

And the neckpiece.

Valarue, if you are defending your gear selection, would you care to explain how strength benefits a hunter?
Back to top Go down
Polarity

Polarity

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:50 pm

I have not seen your gear, but if you are indeed wearing mithril chain of heroism, you need to gear up a bit. That's a warrior/feral druid necklace from kara, the same instance where Worgen Claw, Saberclaw Talisman, and one other decent hunter neck drops (I think?). I mean, thats inferior to season 1 honor neck, is it not? Not to mention some heroic/rep loots I'm sure. Season 3 Axe is so easy to get, Gorehowl is shameful.

And being in a raid doesn't mean you're contributing an equal share. I know of a few people in full t6 who keyboard turn and click all their skills.

How much dps do you put out in raids? (Actual #, preferably with a WWS log)
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer
Xeos

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:07 am

Polarity wrote:
I know of a few people in full t6 who keyboard turn and click all their skills.

Hey! I keyboard turn and mouse click skills!
Back to top Go down
valarue2

PostSubject: here why dont you ask   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:23 pm

if you think i cant put out the dps with the gear i got why dont you just ask the people i have raided with??.... send a tell to suja,or Therealdeal.. they will tell you i can put out the dps... and why would i wear pvp gear to a pve raid.. pvp gear is for people that cant raid and get pve gear... and i would replace the gear that is not for my class so to speak if it would drop... the only reason i have my pvp pants on for my pve raids is because, the pants i had befor where crap..
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Not to stir up too much trouble but PvP items such as glad swords are very effective raid tools. Before anyone poo poo's an item for not being PvP/PvE its overall effectiveness needs to be evaluated.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:35 pm

valarue2 wrote:
if you think i cant put out the dps with the gear i got why dont you just ask the people i have raided with??.... send a tell to suja,or Therealdeal.. they will tell you i can put out the dps... and why would i wear pvp gear to a pve raid.. pvp gear is for people that cant raid and get pve gear... and i would replace the gear that is not for my class so to speak if it would drop... the only reason i have my pvp pants on for my pve raids is because, the pants i had befor where crap..

Not to put more fuel on the fire but...

Instead of stepping back to generalizations about the viability of the class to dps (we all know that bm hunters have exceptional potential to put out high single target sustained dps), please stay on the question at hand.

In other words: it's not hard to dps as a bm hunter. I'm sure you put out fine damage. But being able to maximize your dps - that is important.

Why do you choose to use items with +strength on them?

(We take understanding of one's class mechanics as an important marker of how one will perform in a raid.)
Back to top Go down
valarue2

PostSubject: reply   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:30 pm

it also has agility, and stam witch i need... and strength also adds dps.. not as much as agility does but it does add dps.. not only that i have found my self the only one alive and one mob left standing with 5-10% life left.. with my gorehowl on i cna down that mob and save myself the dura loss.. Razz so it work for me.. also my two hand i had prior sucked major ***.. so i grabed it.. they where going to de it if noone took it so wth ill take it... why de something when someone can use it as an upgrade till they get the next step up in gear.. i also have in my bank the +int +stam chest from nightbane.. yet another piece of gear that isnt for hunters but worked for me till i got my ssc chest.. i plan my gear.. but when it doesnt drop for two months you got to take what you can get at the time that is an upgrade so you dont gt left out of the raids because your gear has become worse then another hunter.. trust me i know every fight in kara.ssc,and tk.. i know when to cc and when not to. i know when to nuke a boss/mob and when to slow down my dps.. i know when to FD and when not to FD.. if you are going to make a dection on gear alone, then you are going to be missing out on some great people that have the exp in the tougher end game content just because they havnt gotten the gear to drop or have had bad rolls when it has droped.... gear has nothing to do with how someone can play there class.. im sure there is someone out there that can out play me at my class that is in full greens.. just because they have played my class longer and have the exp of the hunter class longer.... im not trying to start anything here.. im just saying gear isnt everything... if you cant play your class full t6 does you no good...
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 2:58 pm

Not knowing how to itemize for a class IS an issue, and having an axe with such a high amount of strength is sending up a large flare to us that you may not know your gear that well.

Maybe you do though.

For your own sake, don't try to tell us strength is a good stat for you, its not.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:09 pm

valarue2 wrote:
strength also adds dps..

http://www.wowwiki.com/Hunter#Attribute_conversions

"1 Strength = 1 Melee Attack Power"

So. You melee?

There are many easily attainable superior weapons to gorehowl for hunters which are GREENS and BLUES.

Gorehowl = 48 str, 43 agi, 51 stam = 43 ranged ap, 1.075% crit (assuming bm)

The menu:
Crystalforged War Axe (Blue) BoE -- 80 ap, 1.22% crit -- 40g in the AH RIGHT NOW! Get yours today! (I think I sold one last week for 30g?)
Sonic Spear (Blue) BoP from Murmur in Slabs -- 97 ranged ap, .875% crit, 1.52% hit
Blackened Spear (Blue) Revered with Thrallmar -- 118 ranged ap, .65% crit, 1.2% hit
Adamantite Cleaver (Green) BS Crafted (8 Adamantite Bars) -- 77 ranged ap, .625% crit
Fanged Axe (Green) Quest "Gorgrom the Dragon-Eater" in Blade's Edge -- 52 ap, 1.18% crit
Fel Iron Greatsword (Green) Crafted (12 fel iron bars) -- 62 ap, 1.36% crit
Jeweled Halberd (Green) Quest "Kick Them While They're Down" in Netherstorm -- 99 ap, .525% crit
Saboteur's Axe (Green) Quest "Teleport This!" in Netherstorm -- 72 ranged ap, .95% crit, 7 mp5 (note has strength too! Yet is still better...)

Last edited by on Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:41 pm

I got a lvl 9 hunter, but I know like all class they can get cheap S1 Gear via some battle ground better than your gear.

Myself, worst pvp player ever, got the S2 mercilless main hand coz its the best main hand before Black Temple. I think you should work on it instead of puting the blame on the drop.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:51 pm

Oh thank you demoniack...

LOL WELFARE EPIX!?!
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Please keep the tone in this thread civil. Expect a decision soon on this application.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Ultimately, we've decided to decline the app for a few reasons

1) While we appreciate your fervor about your class and your ability to play it (yes, gear means nothing without some skill), you get overly defensive about legitimate questions regarding your gear. I'm not sure you would take appropriate upgrades or just snag everything in sight.

2) Quite frankly, we have 3-4 active hunters and don't need another.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
valarue2

PostSubject: reply   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:17 am

ok first off PVP gear is not FOR PVE is that so hard for people to get threw there heads.... if your wearing PVP gear into PVE raids you are just stupid... learn to get non pvp gear and then raid PVE.. best of luck in your end game raids... and look forward to seeing you guys/gals in-game Smile
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:17 am

I guess 50% of our guild is stupid then.
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer
Necis

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 10:23 am

I tried saying it before so i will try to be a bit more plain. It doesnt matter what the gear is intended for. If it has superior stats it is the piece you should be using. Its about the stats not its intended use, it shouldnt be hard to comprehend. I look forward to seeing you in game and maybe we will run something together.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 1:28 pm

If you honestly think that a piece of PVP gear is not a valid PVE item, I'm shocked. Why do you think they added rating requirements to the weapons? Because they were on par or better than their PVE counterparts. Every class can get something out of PVP weapons. Even tanks can use the shield to very good effect.

Shadow priests, for example, can't get a better weapon than the S2 Mace/Dagger until MH/BT.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter   [DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[DECLINED] valarue-BM hunter
Page 1 of 1