Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Gregory on Meet the Press

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

David Gregory on Meet the Press Empty
PostSubject: David Gregory on Meet the Press   David Gregory on Meet the Press I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:22 am

Any thoughts from those folks who watch the show (I know Tyranya does if he still lurks here...)

I know the criticism about him. He picks fights for no reason. He had a boring show that nobody watched. He doesn't have the rabid fan base of Chuck Todd. But I gotta say I really liked him in his first outing. He was confrontational without being rude (he may even be able to pull it off as well as the great Tim Russert, although I'll wait a few weeks before making that call). He had a lot of prepared material for all of his guests. He had good guests (Mitt Romney forced to sit alongside Jennifer Granholm was awesome). I just really enjoyed the show.

And that speaks a lot for how much Tom Brokaw basically just sat in the chair. That guy wasn't tough. He didn't force people to give straight answers or at least reveal they were dodging the bullet. See his debate performance for an example of his style.

I did notice a few flaws. One, he is not as rock confident as Tim Russert (or even Tom Brokaw). He seemed slightly nervous a few times and flubbed words, occasionally tripping over the same phrase more than once. I noticed he seemed even more nervous during his interview segment with Chuck Todd, who was rumored to be a contender for the job. Maybe there was some nerves like, "Hey I'm interviewing you even though I know you really wanted this job." In any event, it was pretty apparent Chucky T got him a bit ruffled.

Overall the show was good, in my opinion. Any other thoughts?
Back to top Go down
broms

broms

PostSubject: Re: David Gregory on Meet the Press   David Gregory on Meet the Press I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2008 1:35 am

Stop watching TV and come play DOTA Sad
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: David Gregory on Meet the Press   David Gregory on Meet the Press I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 12:07 pm

I play lots of dota but nobody is ever on. I may have to harass people in vent to find partners.
Back to top Go down
Korash

Korash

PostSubject: Re: David Gregory on Meet the Press   David Gregory on Meet the Press I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:18 pm

David Gregory is fine for the job, but I personally was pulling for Chuck to take the position since he eats, sleeps, and breathes politics the way that Russert did.

The bottom line is that NBC will not give a high profile job like that to a person who does nothing else anymore and they wanted to keep Gregory happy as he is the heir apparent to Matt Lauer for the today show spot.

Truthfully speaking none of the hosts I have seen are tenacious enough for my tastes but being that tenacious would quickly lead to no guests at all I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: David Gregory on Meet the Press   David Gregory on Meet the Press I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 3:52 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
I play lots of dota but nobody is ever on. I may have to harass people in vent to find partners.

we started playing again >.>

but im pretty terrabad
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: David Gregory on Meet the Press   David Gregory on Meet the Press I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 8:57 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Korrash.

I'll look around in vent soonish. It's been a busy few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Gregory on Meet the Press   David Gregory on Meet the Press I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Gregory on Meet the Press
Page 1 of 1