Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)

Go down 
+9
Malaese
grak
Ichaerus
Amalgarashi
Peanutbutter
Shelarahn
Demoniack
Damacus
thereclaimer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thereclaimer

thereclaimer

10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) Empty
PostSubject: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:48 pm

Forum total posts: 14307 posts
Zyzzx Total posts: 1448
Discuss.

I came back here tonight because today I saw a lab tech leveling in what I perceived as WotLK instead of helping people... Our posters lining the blue sky PC lab for Hellgate: London were taken down and replaced with the ugly visage of Arthas. My local gamestop took down the master chief statue they got for topping sales of halo 2 after 4 years to put up more wowcrack memorabilia (and a fallout 3 powered armor that I approve of). Last but not least, Blizzard is coming to my campus theater on Monday to discuss wotlk, upcoming projects (namely d3 and sc2), internships and permanent job openings.

With this I open the doors to "Submit a question for TR to ask blizzard PR reps and an art director" time. They have a Q&A time where students can walk up to a podium and ask up to 3 questions. The question can be about anything blizzard related as you may have guessed... not just wowcrack. I won't take notes or record the damned answers but I promise to be sober enough to give a good summary of what they said when I get back.

I fully expect this thread to be empty since you all are probably spending every waking moment leveling and 90% of the DD I remember probably already quit and got replaced by badge vendor scrubs.

TLDR; WOTLK HAS TAKEN OVER, ASK BLIZZARD A QUESTION BY PROXY.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 2:23 am

one, what underwear he's wearing

two, when the fuck are warriors going to be op again

three, when are they fixing mages to be top ranged dps again like they're SUPPOSED to be
Back to top Go down
thereclaimer

thereclaimer

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:25 am

Figures... I was hoping you would slide at least one legit question in there =/
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:09 am

one, when will Diablo III be released, and dont tell me "when it will be done" u fucker

two, whats up with the amazon? i want to pew pew magic arrow!

three, we need a ladder to mesure our e-peen but dont make non-ladder and ladder realms u fucking retard, make it so the ladder reset and only characters made after that time are shown on the new ladder (reseted once a year for exemple)
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:24 am

oh, replace my underwear question with "when's sc2's release date?"
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:29 am

1: Can I have my soul back

That's pretty much it
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:48 am

If you add my old, super-avatar's posts (1387) to my new one's (94, counting this one), I am at 1481 posts and therefore still win.
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 11:56 am

1. when do i get to play a seal-man race?
2.(sub-question/threat) if you make that race alliance i will see to it that you die, k?
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
Ichaerus

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 3:13 pm

How hard do you "lol" when you see your video game ruining lives on Tyra?
Back to top Go down
thereclaimer

thereclaimer

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 4:31 am

Demon winrar's hard, Definitely going to ask "whats up with the amazon? i want to pew pew magic arrow!"
Keep them coming, I'm writing a list and gonna ask pretty much at random. SRS BSNS questions get preference though...

Also, an additional 10% of you are PB, discuss.
Back to top Go down
thereclaimer

thereclaimer

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 10:56 pm

All answers are paraphrased but I try to remember their words... Blizzard employees seem pretty laid back and awesome. Too bad they work for the devil incarnate.

Q:Are you going to bring back the amazon? i want to pew pew magic arrow!
A: We can't say anything about what classes we're going to release with diablo 3 other than the barb and witch doctor. Look forward to an expansion though...

Q: When will Diablo III be released, and dont tell me "when it will be done"
A: (in a smartass tone) Alright, I won't tell you. (the crowd nerd lawls.) But srsly, most of our resources are being devoted to sc 2 now that we finished the main wow expansion content so it will take a while. SC2 has a much higher priority because it's so much further in the development process.

~Follow up Q: Wait, you're a huge company. You still have to throw all your 3d artists at individual projects? I thought you would have like... a SC2 department.
~A: Not entirely but it's not like we have people exclusively dedicated to say... a concepts department for diablo 3. The 2D artists get thrown around a bit but 3d artists and TD's tend to stick with a project through the end. (TD stands for technical director)

Q: In regards to your new WOW expansion... Can I have my soul back?
A: (also in a smartass tone) The subscription to that costs extra but you'll love the next expansion.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:34 am

Why do people even ask, "When will XXX be done?" anymore to Blizzard? Blizzard has so much fucking nerd capital it doesn't matter if they take 10 years.

Also, lack of mentioning the Wizard class means you basically got PR goons who, while probably cool, had no intention of doing anything more than giving you answers you'd find recycled all over the interwebs.

TLDR: Blizzard PR event at TR's school is just fanboy hype.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 1:24 am

Reminds me of when people used to ask Robert Jordan spoiler questions at book signings and he always responded with "read and find out"...then he died. <sob>
Back to top Go down
thereclaimer

thereclaimer

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 2:06 am

Pfft, thats why I asked you scrubs to make questions up for me. All I got was stuff like "What kind of underwear are you wearing". That said, the entire event was mostly focused on Blizzard's portfolio, concept art, looking at unwrapped and untextured models, e-peening about their game engines and what you need to have in your portfolio to enter the industry (at blizzards level). As much as I hate them for making wowcrack, they have REALLY high standards that people applying have to meet. You practically have to have cinema quality renders using low poly models, it's retarded. If you want to weasel your way in, be a level designer. Level design is in high demand and you dont have to wade through the 12093801289309183901784908257093750219845093 people that want to be character modellers... It's the silent glory behind the scenes.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 10:54 am

Their website on job applicants even says that level designers are always needed and the job is frequently used to leap into other areas (such as Game designer).

Also, don't feel slighted that nobody gave you any good questions here. I think most people understood that you weren't exactly going to get any useful answers. Blizzard has huge PR releases for that kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Malaese

Malaese

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Should have asked: Why did your expansion get beat in three days?
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 5:31 pm

Malaese wrote:
Should have asked: Why did your expansion get beat in three days?
You mean 65 hours and 10 minutes, right?

I mean, WOW. Just think about it. LESS THAN 72 hours after release, you have a group of 25 level 80 players, admittedly very hardcore, who have beaten all of your content.

Most of them were 80 in two days max and took the third day to just beat the encounters. That is absolutely mind-blowing.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:24 pm

I should preface this by saying that I am disappointed with the apparent lack of challenge Blizzard has put into "phase 1" of their expansion. I hope the future content patches present more interesting and intense encounters.

However, there are several things to keep in mind that many people seem to be forgetting (this is not directed towards PB or Malaese, but a reminder to all the readers of this forum).

• Nihilum/S-K have corporate sponsors that pay them to play WoW.
  • SWP gear was intentionally made comparable to the beginning level WotLK gear.
  • This was content that the guild(s) had on farm for months in the Beta; the encounter they had killed the least (heroic Malygos) had been cleared three times.
  • Several of their members have received temporary bans due to a leveling exploit. I'm not sure what the exploit is, but apparently it is not a hoax and many, many people were caught doing it.
  • There is a "rumor" going around that they used a bug to kill Malygos, Sartharion, and Sapphiron. While I cannot comment on either the Malygos or Sartharion fights, I have seen firsthand how an exploit in the Sapphiron encounter can be abused to great advantage.
  • At Blizzcon, Blizzard's official response to a query as to how long they expected the new content to remain standing was, "less than a week."

Edit: Although, I would really like some sort of comment from Blizzard. So far the only response has been, "We are aware of the situation." I bet nobody saw that one coming.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 8:35 am

As Z says, the content was already on farm during the beta. Nevertheless, I don't really see why this is such a disaster in any but the most superficial respect. At best, it seems to be nothing more than epeen envy on the part of those not elite enough to claim the victory themselves.

I also feel that Blizzard really needed to give a handout to casual players to keep them interested and willing to continue to grind out low level raid instances. There was hardly any motivation in late BC to keep their $15/mo rolling in. This may seem like a veiled insult to more hardcore players, but come on. What are you -really- complaining about? There are plenty of content patch opportunities to introduce numerous difficult instances for that player segment. Blizz throws Joe Blow a bone and the 1337 nerd community goes up in e-flames. I can hardly think of a sillier complaint.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 11:12 am

I'm not sure anybody is complaining here. I said in the other thread that I was pretty sure most/all of the content had been beaten and tested on PTRs so I wasn't surprised it was beaten so quickly. I was just amazed that they had 25 level 80s for it (leveling exploit apparently).

Again, there are no complaints. It just shows that players have learned most of Blizzard's tricks and unless they offer significant changes in the next set of raid encounters, they will fall quickly on both test and live servers.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:44 pm

While there is definitely a lot of complaining going on (albeit not so much from these forums), I think most of it is a bit silly/premature. Unless YOU can clear all of Blizzard's Round 1 content in three days, how does it have any effect if some other guild can? Personally, I think most of the "QQ'ing" comes from apprehension, I know I have a great deal of it right now.

One of the draws that WoW had was the intricacy and challenge of raiding. While the l33t raiders may cry, "oh PvE is easy," they seem to forget that they have farmed up gear for weeks, if not months, in preparation for the content they will clear. Additionally, they ride on the backs of those who blazed the trails first, and have posted videos and strategy guides of the content. Even so, there remains a degree of competency required to complete these encounters. Or rather, there was. How many people can claim to have beaten pre-nerf Kael (and no, I don't mean 3.0). Pre-nerf Mag? Granted those encounters probably needed a reduction (especially the latter given its placement in raiding progression) but the nerfs to BT and SWP have all the raidgeeks (myself included) worrying that it is simply a sign of things to come.

People are concerned not simply because this content was cleared so quickly, but rather that the next content will be as well. While this is of course fact-less supposition, all the signs seem to indicate that Blizzard has gone soft.

P.S.- Apparently not all of the Nihilum/S-K raiders had even reached level 80 when they cleared Naxx. Also, the "leveling exploit" apparently involves killing mobs in an instance, and then leaving the party right before they die so only the leader gets the experience (or something like that). For more information, google "Athene" because apparently he got banned for doing it too.
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 2:02 pm

ya Z, I saw his video and it looks like they where bugging the last boss out in Azjol Nerub. One party member would drop group, tag the Elite add, burn it down, re-invite the person to group and repeat. Not sure how they keep resetting the boss thou.
Back to top Go down
grak

grak

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:11 pm

Yup. I suppose I should have phrased that a little different. That was the impersonal "you" I was referring to. I view the purpose as "fun", not sheer difficulty. Only part of that fun comes from overcoming the challenge of a hard raid boss.
Back to top Go down
Peanutbutter

Peanutbutter

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:32 pm

I think what everyone may be missing is that, in general, people mentally place themselves on a ladder in the great WOW food chain. As a general rule, they don't mind being beaten by clearly better guilds and probably enjoy a strong rivalry with other guilds on their same rung, while also feeling extremely insulted by guilds perceived to be weaker suddenly passing them up.

Now take that approach a step back. Every guild is climbing the ladder at its own pace. It has a pretty good idea when it plans to hit the top, or where it wants to climb to, and beating this content so quickly suddenly has a lot of guilds looking around and worrying that their own climbs will be a lot shorter than they expected, and thus, they may wind up with bored members and enduring membership may be hurt by extension.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 3:59 pm

I just hope to god that Ulduar and T8 gets here soon and that it's not faceroll-easy
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)   10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

10% of you are zyzzx (also, blizzard visit)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next