Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter

Go down 
+7
Rishana
Scrubdaddy
Amalgarashi
huntsu
BaronVardus
Shelarahn
Tihson
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tihson

Tihson

[Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:17 pm

PVE Talent Spec
-As of right now, I am a 0/31/30 Hybrid spec. I always raided this characters as MM/SV spec, and I figured I would give it a try with the new talent changes. I am always theory crafting, so my spec can always change if I can think of something better or tweak the current spec. I am not a huge fan of BM, because I don't like relying on my pet for damage, because pets can die during encounters and I don't want to be gimped because fluffy couldn't stay alive the whole time. In teh BT I was in teh other night with some DD members, I was #1 on Recount just above Feardotpew for the Supremus fight and my pet died halfway through due to being a noob and standing in the volcanoes.

Armory Link

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Tihson

*At the time of posting this, it hasn't updated my spec. Hopefully it updates as this post is being read.

Stats (Unbuffed)

HP: 10014
AP: 2382
Hit: 63
Crit: 34.52%
Haste: 75 Haste Rating (4.42%)
Agi: 786

-This is without AotH and Trueshot aura.

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor?

-No, haven't completed the quest line on this character.

A shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz? (any pieces?)

-No, but I have mats and some of the patterns if one is ever needed to be made.

What is your trinket set-up? Do you have the 2 minute PvP trinket? Do you need any obvious upgrades? (DST, HSH, etc?)

-I use Bloodlust Brooch and Skyguard Silver Cross normally. I also have the 2 minute PvP trinket and Bladefist's Breadth.

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?)

-I am originally from California, and currently living in Texas due to teh needs of the Army. And yes, I speak English.

How old are you?

Do you have a mic/headset for vent?

-Yes.

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc?

-My addons include XPerl, Bagnon, Outfitter, Omen, Recount, Bartender, ICEHud, PalyPower and Haalbot (Last 2 are used when I am on my Paly or Shammy).

Raid Experience

-Full Clears: Kara, ZA, SSC, Mags, Gruuls, All heroics
-Partial Clears: 3/4 TK, 3/5 MH, 6/9 BT. Never went to Sunwell other than for GKP runs.

Guild History

-My original guild on this server (way back when) was Face. We couldn't clear Kara, and the guild soon disbanded after that. I went guildless for a while and then got into Shards of Darkness, and was with them for a long time, for their progression through Kara, Gruuls, etc. After a long run, the guild mostly disbanded and a lot of the core raiders went to Ronin Depths. I went with, but the atmosphere in that guild wasn't overly pleasing, and soon after jumped ship with the SoD people over to Ex Cinis. I raided with EC for a good while, which is where I got most of my end game content experience, mainly on my Paladin (he could be used to fill more roles than a hunter). With the release of the 3.0 patch, EC pretty much stopped raiding, save for a few Karas every once in a while, and after sitting around doing nothing really, I left EC along with the core SoD members and went to Havok (with my Paladin and Shaman only, as I was told there was a need for these characters). I still have yet to raid with Havok on any characters other than a few thrown together Gruuls/Mags/World Boss runs. My hunter is currently guildless, and my other 2 characters are still sitting somewhere in the ranks of Havok.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times

-I agree to all rules. I should be able to make Sun/Fri raids, depending on what I get scheduled as. I sometimes work Sundays, and sometimes don't. Tuesdays I am always working. My normal days off are Thur/Fri/Sat each week, with sometimes getting Sundays off as well, depending on how many people are scheduled. Come mid to end of December, I will be going back to a normal 9-5 Mon - Fri schedule, and can make all raid times as scheduled.

Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated here

-I can be around for running dungeons and doing quests in WoTLK until everyone hits 80, as well as any raids that may be done in the meantime.
Reason(s) for applying

-I am trying to find a good stable guild with people who are highly interested in raiding and progressing. I have bounced around a bit in the past trying to find better progression, only to have it come up short in the end. I have ran multiple PuG runs lately with DD members, and they have always been very professional and successful runs. The most recent was BT on Monday night, and before that was SSC over the weekend. I love raiding and experiencing the PvE content, and am always down to learn new fights and encounters. I am also open to bringing my other 2 characters into the guild as well if they were needed, due to them not really going anywhere with Havok at this point in time.

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done

-I feel that I can be a good addition due to knowing my classes that I play and always studying new ways to play them. I currently have 3 70s, to include this hunter, my Paladin (Rediputs, has full Holy/Prot/Ret sets, currently Ret for when its his time to level to 80) and my shaman (Namahscro, has full Resto/Enhance sets, currently Enhance spec for when its his time to level to 80). My hunter was my original character when I started WoW after the release of TBC, and the Paladin and shamn turned into side projects that soon become functional 70s, so I have an understanding of the mechanics of the game, and have seen encounters and played as melee and ranged DPS, healers, and a tank. I have always done good DPS in DPS specs, and was the main Paly tank for Shards of Darkness when we were still progressing. Oh, and Shelarahn told me to apply when we were in BT the other night. Smile

Armory for Rediputs: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Rediputs
Armory for Namahscro: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Namahscro

If possible, please include a screenshot of your UI

Out of combat UI: https://2img.net/h/i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/vtown16/WoW/WoWScrnShot_111108_060708.jpg
In combat UI: https://2img.net/h/i98.photobucket.com/albums/l244/vtown16/WoW/WoWScrnShot_111108_053011.jpg

Last edited by Tihson on Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/vtown16
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:21 pm

I asked this guy to app. He was in our BT PUG the other night and I could really see he knew his hunter shit. Also, he was the only one that didn't act like a 2 year old. We could really benefit with him on our hunter team.
Back to top Go down
BaronVardus

BaronVardus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Shel is bad
Back to top Go down
huntsu

huntsu

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:01 am

Both hunters above me are BAD.
Back to top Go down
BaronVardus

BaronVardus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:07 am

huntsu wrote:

This is true
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:40 am

Man fuck ya'll
Back to top Go down
Amalgarashi

Amalgarashi

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:00 am

huntsu wrote:

it's a sad day when a mexican is '...best in guild'
Back to top Go down
Scrubdaddy

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:17 am

Amalgarashi wrote:

QFT
Back to top Go down
Tihson

Tihson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Updated some of my stats in the original application to compensate for hitting level 71 and getting some new gear.
Back to top Go down
Tihson

Tihson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Scrubdaddy wrote:
Amalgarashi wrote:

QFT

Well, I'm only half Mexican, so I could always be considered an upgrade... Shocked

Depending on who you ask, of course.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 3:57 am

im mexican Sad

but i dont like mexicans

and mexico sucks ass

mexicans steal stuff : /
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:14 am

[Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter Mexican_takeover
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 4:52 pm

Hello, thank you for your interest in our guild and considerable patience regarding the delayed response.

Obviously with the release of WotLK we have been a bit "sidetracked." Soon, most likely tomorrow, I or one of the other officers will contact you in game. Assuming you are still interesting in joining, what is the best time to reach you?
Back to top Go down
Tihson

Tihson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 am

- Z - wrote:
Hello, thank you for your interest in our guild and considerable patience regarding the delayed response.

Obviously with the release of WotLK we have been a bit "sidetracked." Soon, most likely tomorrow, I or one of the other officers will contact you in game. Assuming you are still interesting in joining, what is the best time to reach you?

I am still interested in joining. Tomorrow (Tuesday) I may be on sporadically during the day/evening because I am working an all ngihter, but I work right downstairs, so I may be on during lunch and nap breaks. If not Tuesday, I should be on quite a bit the rest of the week knocking out the last 5 levels for 80.
Back to top Go down
Tihson

Tihson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 4:33 am

Just wanted to put an update/side note in here, that I have hit 80, and switched my spec to a straight MM spec (7/64/0) to start playing with that spec. My crit rating took about a 5% hit, but my DPS on the LvL 80 training dummies jumped by about 300, and was getting usually around 1700 DPS on the dummies, still in unenchanted blues and leftover epics.

Hit a few heroics today, and didn't get a single hunter drop. Will continue on the heroic grind for gear.
Back to top Go down
Damacus

Damacus

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 1:10 pm

(_________)__)llD

BIG MAWFUCKIN' BEEF NUTZ

aka i love your app get'im in
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:47 pm

I am definitely willing to speak with you in game whenever you have the chance. Our next (scheduled) raid is Tuesday at 6:00 PM, but we will most likely be bringing full guild members only. Let's see if we can't figure something out before then. I went ahead and added you to my friends list.

P.S.- I will (most likely) not be here tomorrow from the early morning until 9:00 PM server.
Back to top Go down
Tihson

Tihson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 24, 2008 12:54 am

Will probably only be on late nights up until this Wednesday or Thursday. Kinda pissed a few people off at work when they tried to schedule me on my days off last week and not tell me, and I told them to take a hike. But not so nicely. So I am working all this week to make up for it.

Should be off Thur/Fri/Sat as currently scheduled for this week, possibly Wednesday too. If I don't anger the schedule gods, that is.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Let us know when you're available.
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Are your scheduling problems resolved? Ie. could you make today's unscheduled raid at 6:00 PM server, or tomorrow's scheduled raid at 6:00 PM server?
Back to top Go down
Tihson

Tihson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:52 am

I am having a meeting today (Tuesday) about the scheduling. I will let you know ASAP about what happens and if they are going to work with me. From what I have gathered, they should, but I will definately let you know as soon as I get a chance.

I am scheduled to work to Wednesday this week, so if there is anything going on Wednesday and beyond, I will be available for that.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:01 am

wtf do you do?
Back to top Go down
Smolder

Smolder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:58 am

He has meetings dude
Back to top Go down
Tihson

Tihson

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:55 am

Smolder wrote:
He has meetings dude

LoL... Only sometimes. Mainly when I screw something up. I'm in the army, and am a Military Police Traffic Accident Investigator on Fort Hood here in the vast wastes of Texas. Awesome job, and I get to get up close and personal with some crazy car crashes. Plus I only work 4 days a week, though they are 10 hour shifts. I could do this job forever if it weren't for the Army aspect of it. The Army is just plain stupid sometimes. Forward, rational, common sense thinking is not allowed. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:39 pm

Welcome aboard!

Congratulations on your acceptance. Your recruitment period is still on something of a provisional basis, at least until you get your work schedule straightened out. I know you say how things will pan out, but the best laid plans of mice and men...

Anyhow, contact me in game the next chance you have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter   [Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Tihson - Marks/SV Hunter
Page 1 of 1