HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Another Prop 8 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:42 am

Galt wrote:
Insult? I was making an observation.

Telling me I have no thoughts because I disagree with you isn't an observation, its an insult.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:43 am

Petrus wrote:


GOD MALAESE IF JAPAN CAN'T GET IT DONE FOR YOU MAKE ONE YOURSELF

Now I have to watch the movie again tonight...thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimidréas

avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:45 am

Shelarahn wrote:

I think you know why, I'm not going to say it outloud lest the Romans throw me to the lions.

While it was semi implied in my rhetorical question I still fail to see how one begets the others as I view them to be entirely different matters, for the most part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:47 am

Well then Dimi its just a difference of opinions, because I see homosexuality and beastiality on the same boat. While not the same because one is at least socially acceptable and the other is...just...wrong.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:47 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Galt wrote:
Insult? I was making an observation.

Telling me I have no thoughts because I disagree with you isn't an observation, its an insult.

No, I said it because you presented no reasonable points. You're reciting cliches and stereotypes as if its an illustration of your beliefs. Thats an indication of not thinking about it but accepting someone else's argument as your own. Plagiarism isn't disagreement by default.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:48 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Well then Dimi its just a difference of opinions, because I see homosexuality and beastiality on the same boat. While not the same because one is at least socially acceptable and the other is...just...wrong.

Sounds like different boats to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:51 am

It's not that they are similar, it's just that if gays get married, then other fringe groups will start asking "well why not us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dimidréas

avatar

Posts : 417
Join date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:53 am

Shelarahn wrote:
Well then Dimi its just a difference of opinions, because I see homosexuality and beastiality on the same boat. While not the same because one is at least socially acceptable and the other is...just...wrong.

The reason I see those two as different is that homosexuality is between two consenting people who are concious to their rights whereas beastiality involves one such individual and an animal which is not intelligent enough to fully understand its rights. I would compare beastiality to age of consent on that note but a humans rights are different than an animals, to my mind.

As far as polygamy and incest goes I am not opposed to them as far as legal rights go though I am not in the opinion of finding it right / morally sound persay. This would be similar to how you feel homosexuality isn't exactly right but our opinions differ as far as us deciding on what rights these individuals should have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kamma

avatar

Posts : 378
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
It's not that they are similar, it's just that if gays get married, then other fringe groups will start asking "well why not us?"

Shut up you dirty liberal.

SEE I CAN DO IT TOO!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
then other fringe groups will start asking "well why not us?"

Animals : Its animal abuse.
Kids: Its child abuse.
Brother/Sister: Its child abuse, their kids will be fucked up.
Polygamy: Its self abuse. Kidding, if someone wants to be a part of a religion where that takes place then have at it.

Speaking of which, I find it ever-so-ironic that one of the major proponents of Prop 8 is the LDS church. It strikes me as odd that people who tolerate polygamy are up in arms about preserving the sanctity of marriage.


Anything I'm missing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:20 pm

That is exactly it Shel. Many of us who support Prop 8 don't pretend to think marriage should be equal for all, it shouldn't. Just stating that many who oppose 8 do so under the guise of equality and if that is the case, then where do you draw the line for marriage. Polygamists, Incest?

And the LDS church does NOT support polygamy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:33 pm

Xeos wrote:
(SNIP) Just stating that many who oppose 8 do so under the guise of equality and if that is the case, then where do you draw the line for marriage. Polygamists, Incest?

According to your arguments "we vote!" and we are saying "this is NOT where we draw the line" you are trying to force "us" to draw a line with a weak ass slippery slope argument to weaken our arguments, we don't have to. When it comes time to decide whether or not I can marry my couch "we vote" and decide whether or not that's the place to draw the line. I'm sorry that your church has decided to draw a line for you and technically everyone else without consent, but then they have to so it's easier for them to control you. What does that cost you anyway...10% of your earnings?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grak

avatar

Posts : 389
Join date : 2008-10-07
Age : 38
Location : Austin, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:36 pm

Quote :
A man and his goat?

An animal cannot give consent. A child cannot give consent. Two adults *can* give consent.

this issue doesn't affect you, so why you gotta be hatin'? You're already convinced they're going to hell for their immorality, so why don't you just sit back and let them dig their hole deeper instead of stirring the pot?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:52 pm

grak wrote:
Quote :
A man and his goat?

An animal cannot give consent. A child cannot give consent. Two adults *can* give consent.

this issue doesn't affect you, so why you gotta be hatin'? You're already convinced they're going to hell for their immorality, so why don't you just sit back and let them dig their hole deeper instead of stirring the pot?

Because the latter is SO much more fun

And Malaese, no one controls us. We willing give 10% as tithe for what God has done for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:55 pm

It IS a slippery slope. First we allow people to use the bible to change our laws on marriage, whats next? Making it punishable by death to worship a god besides the christian one? Start handing out the death penalty on any kind of sex crime? Killing people who raise a hand to their parents?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:57 pm

Galt wrote:
It IS a slippery slope. First we allow people to use the bible to change our laws on marriage, whats next? Making it punishable by death to worship a god besides the christian one? Start handing out the death penalty on any kind of sex crime? Killing people who raise a hand to their parents?

Are you quoting things from The Law? You realize we don't follow The Law anymore, right? Kind of the whole point of Jesus...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grak

avatar

Posts : 389
Join date : 2008-10-07
Age : 38
Location : Austin, Texas

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:05 pm

Jesus begs to differ:

Quote :
"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:05 pm

That is true Galt(not the specifics but the idea is the same) there has to be some middle ground here I just don't know where it is. How much should either of us have to comprise to come to an agreement?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:07 pm

How about our government not enforcing your religious laws? Seems like a good middle ground to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 pm

Galt wrote:
It IS a slippery slope. First we allow people to use the bible to change our laws on marriage, whats next? Making it punishable by death to worship a god besides the christian one? Start handing out the death penalty on any kind of sex crime? Killing people who raise a hand to their parents?

The omnipotent, omniscient boogeyman gonna get you...pay me 5% of your earnings and I'll steer you in the right direction. Join my flock...all of you, 50% cheaper than Jesus!


Last edited by Malaese on Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 pm

grak wrote:
Jesus begs to differ:

Quote :
"It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17)

You overlooked Luke 16:16
Quote :
"The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John. Since that time, the good news of the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Quote :
and everyone is forcing his way into it.

This sounds like support for gays to me.... or rape...why can't Jesus be more precise when he divinely inspires.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Malaese wrote:
Quote :
and everyone is forcing his way into it.

This sounds like support for gays to me.... or rape...why can't Jesus be more precise when he divinely inspires.



I give up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malaese

avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:19 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
Malaese wrote:
Quote :
and everyone is forcing his way into it.

This sounds like support for gays to me.... or rape...why can't Jesus be more precise when he divinely inspires.



I give up

Good I claim victory! Guess we gotta wait until I die to find out which one of us was right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

avatar

Posts : 2012
Join date : 2007-12-09
Location : Surrounded by primitive screwheads

PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:21 pm

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me.

_________________
I don't know why my girlfriend gets so mad at me for always being right, I don't get mad at her for always being wrong.
Zyzzx - 80 Shadow Priest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Another Prop 8 Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Another Prop 8 Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Best Fight Thread!
» Funny Fights Thread!
» NECA Toy Fair 2011 reveal thread
» Eternal Dream Official "LOL Pictures" Thread
» Minecraft Screenshot Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: