HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:25 am

Mudfights are fun. If you want a reason to not vote McCain, here you go:

Quote :
"The issue of economics is something that I've really never understood as well as I should. I understand the basics, the fundamentals, the vision, all that kind of stuff,'' he said. "But I would like to have someone I'm close to that really is a good strong economist. As long as Alan Greenspan is around I would certainly use him for advice and counsel."

That's right, in the midst of a financial crisis which precipitated from a bubble blown by the maestro himself, McCain wants him back to do more dirty work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:27 am

That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen you say Kamma.

I will end you!

View user profile
Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:32 am

Z, no.

Edit: Let me reference an article from the most recent issue of the economist: A monetary malaise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:48 am

Greenspan is my homie and that article didn't really say anything interesting/newsworthy.

View user profile
Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:57 am

Are you shitting on top of me?

Quote :
However, Alan Greenspan, the Fedís chairman during the bubble years, saw little risk in the housing boom and followed his hands-off instincts. His successors now admit that was a mistake... In the most recent episode the Fed stands accused of three main errors. Mistake number one was to loosen the monetary reins too much for too long in the aftermath of the 2001 recession. Fearing Japan-style deflation in 2002 and 2003, the Fed cut the federal funds rate to 1% and left it there for a year. Mistake number two was to tighten too timidly between 2004 and 2006. Mistake number three was to lower the funds rate back to 2% earlier this year in an effort to use monetary policy to alleviate financial panic. The first two failures fuelled the housing bubble. The third aggravated the commodity-price surge.

This is very newsworthy - it is central to understanding the financial crisis and the lessons to be learned from it. It is important to distinguish the elements of government failure from the elements of market failure. To be sure, there are both at play. Understanding recent history, though, requires seeing how the two played off of eachother.

Edit: Moreover, this is just one small piece of the whole article which is about the broader picture. I was just using it as a quick and dirty reference to a more or less standard interpretation of recent economic history.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:56 am

As appealing as crapping your face sounds, no.

You know well enough that at the end of the day there is only so much maneuverability available to the Fed's Chair. Anyone who knows anything about the current state of affairs will be bored silly by the article, with the possible exception of an eyebrow raise at the one or two pot-shots taken at Mr. Greenspan. There is an obvious anti-Greenspan bias in that article, just as many have pro-Greenspan slants.

I thought we had cleared you of your gerontophobia. pale

View user profile
Kamma

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:06 am

Z, you shock me. Whoever chairs the fed has a substantial impact on policy. Simply look at the Volcker fed.

You say nothing substantial about why "anyone who knows anything would be bored silly." Don't you mean, anyone who can't stomach dry subjects would be bored silly? If you have the answer then please oh wise one, tell us about your all knowingness. If you are so certain as to the state of affairs please do us the public service of going to Washington and cleaning up this mess.

Or, ideally tell us the efficient auction structure to reveal the value of all these assets. That's the multi-trillion dollar question.

Your obsession with Greenspan seems irrational. What's in it for you?

And I'll have you know, I can't wait to be an old man so I can say whatever the fuck I want whenever I want.

Finally, the use of bias as a argument point is so Fox News. I thought you were above that nonsense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:01 am

*dry cough*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:13 pm

Galt wrote:
McCain was a part of keating 5, cheated on his crippled wife and crashed millions of dollars worth of naval air craft.

Who gives a fuck?

So a silly political scandal and things he did as a young foolish man (May I add that over time he became a very good figher pilot, and most of his mistakes were right after he joined the force) overshadow attending a church whos pastor hates America, and pretty much being BFF's with a man who WANTED TO BLOW UP THE FUCKING PENTAGON?

Also, I don't want to get into rumours, but what the fuck. I hear Obamas wife gave a nice little anti-whitey speech once. Confirm/Deny?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
whos pastor hates America, and pretty much being BFF's with a man who WANTED TO BLOW UP THE FUCKING PENTAGON?

Also, I don't want to get into rumours, but what the fuck. I hear Obamas wife gave a nice little anti-whitey speech once. Confirm/Deny?

The stuff might matter if it weren't bullshit. If you say those things it means you know nothing about them other than McPalin telling you that you should be concerned by it. With all the good people are doing McCain by telling these fantasies, I guess I should support these ignorant statements because clearly it has worked. Too bad it worked for Obama instead of against him.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:39 pm

Galt wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:
whos pastor hates America, and pretty much being BFF's with a man who WANTED TO BLOW UP THE FUCKING PENTAGON?

The stuff might matter if it weren't bullshit. If you say those things it means you know nothing about them other than McPalin telling you that you should be concerned by it. With all the good people are doing McCain by telling these fantasies, I guess I should support these ignorant statements because clearly it has worked. Too bad it worked for Obama instead of against him.

Bullshit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_WbqkwY8g

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/Story?id=4443788 < Read 20 years attending the church
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:45 pm

This is a troll, right?

You just made fun of yourself by 1. Putting a video which is a glorified McCain attack ad. Not exactly a bastion of truth there. 2. you link to the "soundbyte-gate" story that has been so thoroughly proven to be complete bullshit. Might as well have replied that you only think what other people tell you to and that you have a red kool-aid mustache.
Back to top Go down
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:46 pm

Dear America, I hear you're a little stressed out over hoping to god you have a smart person to run your country. Tough break. We still miss Jean Cretien up here, but the snow is getting lighter and I can now get out my second-story window to continue to hunt caribou. Anywho, I just wanted to let you know that if things go south, which I'm sure would be such a surprise for you guys by now, we open our hearts and couches to you and you can stay as long as you like.

Love, Canada.

P.S. Bring a Jack in the Box with you.

Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:49 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
So a silly political scandal and things he did as a young foolish man

This made me laugh too. I suggest you look up what you're discussing because its clear you don't have a clue. Going along with bribes isn't a "silly scandal."
Back to top Go down
Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:50 pm

is he still apart of the church, and did he help Ayers plant the bombs? If not then I don't see how their actions directly correlate to Obama being a domestic terrorist. Sure there's the whole guilty by association thing but how often have you had friends you stopped hanging out with because they turn into retarded idiots or racist cunts? It's along the same lines imo.

edit: and Shel, you go to church, right? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, just curious as to whether or not you were kidding with a post you'd made in another thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:00 pm

Damacus wrote:
is he still apart of the church, and did he help Ayers plant the bombs? If not then I don't see how their actions directly correlate to Obama being a domestic terrorist. Sure there's the whole guilty by association thing but how often have you had friends you stopped hanging out with because they turn into retarded idiots or racist cunts? It's along the same lines imo.

edit: and Shel, you go to church, right? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or anything, just curious as to whether or not you were kidding with a post you'd made in another thread.

I never said he was a domestic terrorist himself, and as far as the church thing for him goes, he was there for 20 years, but only left when the public started to find out what his pastor was saying. All I'm saying is "crows of a feather" and the such.

And yeah Damacus, I actually work at a church.

Edit: Galt, just...*sigh* Nothing I'm ever going to debate about is going to be up to your standards. Whatever I come back with is either Right-Wing propoganda or something I've been force fed, and all you're going to come back with is some dumbass one-liner like "How's the kool-aid lololol." So I'm just not arguing with you anymore, mmk?

But as far as the Keating 5 goes, his involvement was found to be minimal, and he later admitted that it was the biggest mistake of his life. There was no evidence of him personally receiving bribes. I mean personally, I'd rather have a president who was in this sort of scandal that one who supports infanticide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:54 pm

Its funny you mention debate when all you talk about are bullshit topics like Wright and Ayers. If you had something to say as to why McCain would do better as President then I'm all for debating that but if its just this months attack lines then there is nothing to debate.

Oh yeah, your kidneys must be rainbow colored from all the kool-aid... right-wing propaganda etc..
Back to top Go down
Damacus

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Shelarahn wrote:
one who supports infanticide.

this made me laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 1:58 pm

Damacus wrote:
Shelarahn wrote:
one who supports infanticide.

this made me laugh.

Yeah but, Yeah but, what about when he kills your baby and teaches it to say GD America while blowing up statues?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:00 pm

Galt wrote:
Its funny you mention debate when all you talk about are bullshit topics like Wright and Ayers. If you had something to say as to why McCain would do better as President then I'm all for debating that but if its just this months attack lines then there is nothing to debate.

Oh yeah, your kidneys must be rainbow colored from all the kool-aid... right-wing propaganda etc..

Do we REALLY have to go over this again?

I

Don't

McCain

I'm just trying to state that Obama isn't any better.

I was for Huckabee...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:20 pm

Huckabee huh? Wow.

What did you think of Giuliani and Thompson?
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:26 pm

Galt wrote:
Giuliani and Thompson?

9/11 Attention monger and Washed up old actor

Actually, I've found that I kind of like Bob Barr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:09 pm

I actually like Huckabee as well. Provided that he doesn't come near any "social" issues.

How a man that intelligent can believe some of the things he says is beyond me.

View user profile
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:12 pm

- Z - wrote:
I actually like Huckabee as well. Provided that he doesn't come near any "social" issues.

How a man that intelligent can believe some of the things he says is beyond me.

He's from Arkansas

Enough said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:28 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.   

Back to top Go down

Prime Example of McCain Failing. Hard.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next