HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Galt

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:54 am

To my knowledge this is the biggest forum dedicated to WAR at the moment.

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/

EA Said that a part of their intention was to not have an official forum because of what the wow forums are, filled with idiots, assholes and 12 year old whiners.

Also here is the WAR version of wowhead.

http://www.wardb.com

Last edited by Galt on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Lyacine

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:55 am

I don't think there is one yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Korash

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 am

The public quests are cool, the ability to jump into a RvR sceneario at any time and actually get enough XP to level off of it are awesome (I just wish the queue times were shorter).

Server: Magnus
Alignment: Destruction
Class: Marauder
Name: Korash

Marauders are great Melee Dps with some good debuffs and decent burst, not to mention they look cool as hell (shadow tentacles ftw)

Server: Sylvania
Alignment: Order
Class: Shadow Warrior
Name: Kimbher

Dps is just north of mediocre but their ability to debuff/dot and shoot on the fly makes them annoyingly hard to kill and assist (kill stealing) kings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Secondary

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:00 pm

Been playing a Zealot lately, its pretty fun. Reminds me of my resto druid more than anything. (Named Secondary on Ungrim)

The PQ's are really fun, especially with the nice rewards at the end. I have a lot of fun healing in the scenarios and being able to que from anywhere is nice. Que times make me cry though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:02 pm

What's your computer's specs? How does it run?

I'm either on Amywinehouse or Jambi.

Jambi - Disciple of Khaine
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 am

So...I myself finally tried Warhammer.

I played for 5 minutes, and then turned off my computer. It REALLY lives up to its name "Borehammer". I can see how some people would like it, but for me it just brought back too many memories of LOTRO (probably because they look just the same).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Polarity

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:36 am

5 minutes = true judge of a game. Heading into anything with an idiotic bias typically produces idiotic biased results.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:48 am

Primary wrote:
So...I myself finally tried Warhammer.

I played for 5 minutes, and then turned off my computer. It REALLY lives up to its name "Borehammer". I can see how some people would like it, but for me it just brought back too many memories of LOTRO (probably because they look just the same).

Damn, did you buy it and get bored with it first day? What did you do, start immediately on the naked self-slicking achievement or something? (I don't mean that sarcastically, there are several achievements based upon how many times you click yourself naked)

Plus, how can you hate a game that has a cloak in it where the art on the back is a naked woman ripping her own fuckin head off, literally?

Last edited by Galt on Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:04 am

Granted the starting areas arent a good indicator of the entire game, but I just couldn't see myself playing the entire game to get to the good content. Also, there was no idiotic bias, I'll admit it's a good game that has alot of potential, it's just not for me, and I'm certainly not going to turn out to be a big a fanboy as Galt or Polarity or whatever the fuck your name is now.

And as for Galt, no, my friend brought it over and I rolled a High Elf ranged DPS on Tower of Doom(?) and played around through the first few quests. Eventually got bored of that so I just started running around and exploring.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Secondary

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:24 am

Polarity wrote:
5 minutes = true judge of a game. Heading into anything with an idiotic bias typically produces idiotic biased results.

Giant douchebag who doesn't respect other peoples' opinions is both giant and douchy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:42 am

Primary wrote:
Granted the starting areas arent a good indicator of the entire game, but I just couldn't see myself playing the entire game to get to the good content. Also, there was no idiotic bias, I'll admit it's a good game that has alot of potential, it's just not for me, and I'm certainly not going to turn out to be a big a fanboy as Galt or Polarity or whatever the fuck your name is now.

And as for Galt, no, my friend brought it over and I rolled a High Elf ranged DPS on Tower of Doom(?) and played around through the first few quests. Eventually got bored of that so I just started running around and exploring.

I'm not sure how the starting areas are worse than any other starting area in a similar game. You cite that you don't want to have to devote time into it to "get to the good stuff" but thats sort of the thing with WAR, you can get to the good part, which is fighting, from level 1. Maybe thats not your thing, no big deal. That doesn't make it better than other similar games but it is a vast difference that some people prefer. Also it could be argued that one can get into "the good stuff" earlier on than say WoW as there are 'raids" at around lvl 25 that have been described as being similar to raid encounters in end-game wow. This of course doesn't suddenly trump wow in all areas or anything but just something to think about later down the road if you end up giving it another try.

I'm interested in what part about the intro quests that you didn't like. I'm not trying to sway your opinion, I just get more out of bad reviews of games than I do good ones so I'd be interested to hear more specific things you didn't like if you don't mind getting into it.
Back to top Go down
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:53 am

Galt wrote:
Primary wrote:

I'm not sure how the starting areas are worse than any other starting area in a similar game. You cite that you don't want to have to devote time into it to "get to the good stuff" but thats sort of the thing with WAR, you can get to the good part, which is fighting, from level 1. Maybe thats not your thing, no big deal. That doesn't make it better than other similar games but it is a vast difference that some people prefer. Also it could be argued that one can get into "the good stuff" earlier on than say WoW as there are 'raids" at around lvl 25 that have been described as being similar to raid encounters in end-game wow. This of course doesn't suddenly trump wow in all areas or anything but just something to think about later down the road if you end up giving it another try.

I'm interested in what part about the intro quests that you didn't like. I'm not trying to sway your opinion, I just get more out of bad reviews of games than I do good ones so I'd be interested to hear more specific things you didn't like if you don't mind getting into it.

Maybe I wasn't doing it right, and maybe my bias did have something to do with it, but I just really couldn't get into it. I understand that at any point you can hop right into public quests or objectives, it just didn't appeal to me because I'm not a huge fan of PvP. Now, I'm pretty sure my friend is going to keep playing (Squig Herder on Ungrim) and I'll keep an eye on it, but other than that, it's just not the game for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:04 am

What did you think about the quest system? The map/quest log integration. The built in "go here and kill this" system and the 100% drop rates for quest drops? Some people are getting pissed about it because in late T3 if you are leveling by questing you are being forced to grind mobs to an extent because the quests themselves don't require people to enough to pad the xp gain.

Another big thing I like is the bag, it grows as you level, no slots to manage and quest items are kept in a separate bag that scales with how many items you have in it.

As you said, the game looks promising. They have added several features and made changes based on public demand pretty quickly in the sub 2 weeks it has been out. Keep an eye out, there are patches that add content/features just about every day, they may add something that catches your eye. I hope their updating team stays this active.
Back to top Go down
Secondary

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:07 am

The quest system has been annoying me lately, I might be relying too heavily on the questhelper style but the giant red circles aren't very specific and oftentimes for me have been inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:27 am

Yeah, especially when they overlap, the tooltips can be misleading.
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:35 am

I try to stay away from questing in general. Only as filler between Q's. You can level the entire way to 40 in PvP Scenarios, including gear and renown tactics rewards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:41 am

The renown gear sucks though at low levels. BoE greens you can get for dirt on the AH blow them away. They need to buff it/add more slots because if you rely solely on rvr for your gear its going to be peeetiful.
Back to top Go down
Tak

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:19 pm

Primary wrote:

Maybe I wasn't doing it right, and maybe my bias did have something to do with it, but I just really couldn't get into it. I understand that at any point you can hop right into public quests or objectives, it just didn't appeal to me because I'm not a huge fan of PvP. Now, I'm pretty sure my friend is going to keep playing (Squig Herder on Ungrim) and I'll keep an eye on it, but other than that, it's just not the game for me.

If you aren't a huge fan of PvP, there's no way you're going to like this game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:21 pm

Tak wrote:
Primary wrote:

If you aren't a huge fan of PvP, there's no way you're going to like this game.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rishana

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:13 pm

rank 6 black orc, sup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Korash

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 pm

Galt wrote:
Some people are getting pissed about it because in late T3 if you are leveling by questing you are being forced to grind mobs to an extent because the quests themselves don't require people to enough to pad the xp gain.

This.

I rolled a marauder and in Tier 3 I spend all my time in Scenarios rooted by the 738947629 classes that have a root on what seems like a 20 second cooldown without any diminishing returns.

Meanwhile my 60 sec cooldown root-break isn't nearly enough. I started to get so sick of it that I just quested trying to level ASAP....but I'm quickly running out of level appropriate quests and so I end up grinding.

I'm still enjoying the game but it is definitely annoying, I hope that as I level that something will change to alleviate this issue, otherwise I'm going to have to focus on my Shadow Warrior.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.   

Back to top Go down

The 9000th Thread About Warhammer.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2