kanos

PostSubject: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:52 pm

PVE Talent Spec Protection paladin

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Kanos
Stats (Unbuffed)
-- remove the unnecessary text--
HP:16,127

TANKS ONLY (Druids may remove Parry, Non-Paladins may remove Spell Damage)
Armor:17856
Dodge:28.25
Parry:16
Block:21.53
Block Value:
Expertise:
Spell Damage:434

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor?
No, will get one if needed.
A shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz? (any pieces?)
" "
A fire resist set for Illidan? (tanks only, all others can delete this line)
Yes
What is your trinket set-up? Do you need any obvious upgrades? (DST, HSH, etc?)
Commendatioin, moroes...need shadowmoon insignia
Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?)
Texas...yes
How old are you?
Do you have a mic/headset for vent?
no...i can get one
Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up loose aggro, etc?
yes
Raid Experience
kara, gruul, mag, 2 tk, 4 hyjal, 3 BT
Guild History
currently in iRaid...getting into bt, but i can only make one raid a week and i fear we wont clear it before exspansion
Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times
yea
Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated here
yep
Reason(s) for applying
i know the guild is good and my current guild reasons
Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done
most of the guilds ive been in like me while i was in them...pretty reliable and fast learner, good player
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kanos

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:00 pm

left out ZA...oops lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Some questions for you - some of these are right/wrong, some are opinion type, but I won't specify which are which.

1. Why blacksmithing?
2. Why the 15 defense enchant to chest instead of 150 health?
3. Why 12 stamina to bracers instead of 12 defense?
4. Why 10 stamina armor kit on your gloves instead of 240 armor or 2% threat?
5. Why 12 stamina instead of Boar's Speed on your boots?
6. Why the 15 Block Rating enchant to your shield?
7. Why the 42 Block Rating Libram instead of the SoR/JoR badge libram?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
PB

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:15 pm

Do people just get lazy and not read the application requirements? I've seen so many basic failures in posting an application lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
kanos

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:21 pm

1. Why blacksmithing? seemed fitting for a future plate wearer...but i pretty much gave up on my proffesions, either too costly or too time consuming, i might level for wotlk though
2. Why the 15 defense enchant to chest instead of 150 health? was suggested when i joined iRaid to gem for all stam then chant with defense
3. Why 12 stamina to bracers instead of 12 defense? really?...if i would have went with 150 health and 12 defense rating in that order would you still have asked?...for the bonus health...
4. Why 10 stamina armor kit on your gloves instead of 240 armor or 2% threat? at the time it put me over 14k...and they are old now, im trying to get t6 hands, unfortunately my token didnt drop last time
5. Why 12 stamina instead of Boar's Speed on your boots? i already have poj...more health
6. Why the 15 Block Rating enchant to your shield? the lack of mitigation on it currently, plan on enchantin it with stam when im more geared
7. Why the 42 Block Rating Libram instead of the SoR/JoR badge libram? bonus mitigation...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stirmin

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:21 pm

You were in Fireplex a while back? I can't remember exactly why you left but I seem to remember some type of drama involved...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kanos

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:23 pm

yea...fireplex was my first raiding guild i joined...when you and i started kara, i remember, i went with the war tank and u went with dexuxs or w.e, and i left because of a war name orcspawn and one of my bros
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Petrus wrote:
Some questions for you - some of these are right/wrong, some are opinion type, but I won't specify which are which.

1. Why blacksmithing?
2. Why the 15 defense enchant to chest instead of 150 health?
3. Why 12 stamina to bracers instead of 12 defense?
4. Why 10 stamina armor kit on your gloves instead of 240 armor or 2% threat?
5. Why 12 stamina instead of Boar's Speed on your boots?
6. Why the 15 Block Rating enchant to your shield?
7. Why the 42 Block Rating Libram instead of the SoR/JoR badge libram?

you got a fucking problem with blacksmithing, bitch?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kanos

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:38 pm

no...just at this point i really dont need anything from it, and i find it easier to get drops then spend the money/time farming mats and levelling the proffesion, like i said i might level it for wotlk, simply because then i can get epics at the new level cap when they wont be so easily aquired
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:02 pm

kanos wrote:
1. Why blacksmithing? seemed fitting for a future plate wearer...but i pretty much gave up on my proffesions, either too costly or too time consuming, i might level for wotlk though
2. Why the 15 defense enchant to chest instead of 150 health? was suggested when i joined iRaid to gem for all stam then chant with defense
3. Why 12 stamina to bracers instead of 12 defense? really?...if i would have went with 150 health and 12 defense rating in that order would you still have asked?...for the bonus health...
4. Why 10 stamina armor kit on your gloves instead of 240 armor or 2% threat? at the time it put me over 14k...and they are old now, im trying to get t6 hands, unfortunately my token didnt drop last time
5. Why 12 stamina instead of Boar's Speed on your boots? i already have poj...more health
6. Why the 15 Block Rating enchant to your shield? the lack of mitigation on it currently, plan on enchantin it with stam when im more geared
7. Why the 42 Block Rating Libram instead of the SoR/JoR badge libram? bonus mitigation...

1. It would indeed be smart to level BS for WOTLK. There are more self-buffs now and it's worth the time and effort.
2 and 3. Yes, these were opinion-type questions. I always ask both.
4. That's a fair enough reason.
5. Also a good reason
6 and 7 get a much longer explanation, as follows:

Using these two isn't necessarily a fantastic idea. You have an exceptionally high dodge chance and block chance - with Kings up I'm sure you're at LEAST the 5.33% over uncrushability that's required of the Libram of Repentance. You can say it's "more mitigation" all you want, but the fact is that it currently isn't for you. When you put up holy shield, you hit at least 107.4% dodge+block+miss+parry with your current setup. While that's all fine and dandy, it makes for some wasted stats on your gear. With the way that the attack table works when you're tanking, block is the first thing pushed off the end and wasted when you're over that 102.4%. Thus, it would probably be better for you to pick up a couple of enchants or gems to allow you to use the 18 stam enchant on your shield. At the very least, you should start using the 20 badge libram that gives a bonus to SoR/JoR for threat. Essentially, you've got excess mitigation that isn't being used because you're over.

Also, why points in PoJ over Precision?

And Secondary, that was just a curiosity question. A lot of tankadins (myself included) took Engineering for the goggles, which led most BS tankadins to drop BS or wait it out for Lich King, which looks like a good choice at this point.

Last edited by Petrus on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:02 pm

oh, i was talking to peter. his question about your profession is kinda random.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kanos

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:21 pm

k, ill go ahead and get 18 stam on my shield...didnt realize i was that much over the 102 lol, ive gotten alot of new gear in the past 2-3 weeks...i was just a t4-badge geared tank but ran a kara with iRaid and they were like "damn this guy is so leet" so i got recruited right into tk/hyjal/bt...they were right of course
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:37 pm

Be sure to balance your stats around the new enchant.

That all said, we do have a main prot paladin in Rishana, and I'll let the officers speak to anything more about that.

Two quick questions: Why PoJ over Precision and why do you gem for all stamina instead of matching sockets?
Back to top Go down
kanos

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:48 pm

poj was also something suggested when i joined iRaid, he said would help alot for hyjal and BT, i like it...and most gem bonuses are very small...id rather just stack my stam with gems, especially since my avoidance is as high as you said...i just let my gear take care of avoidance and my spec/gem/enchants take care of stam really
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scrubdaddy

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:45 am

i think the question we all really want to know is.... what does your healing set look like?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toadboy

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:22 am

Once again I see an app that I just have to login to post my opinion. When kanos and his brothers left fireplex they came to Digital Heroes were him and his brother shortly after tried to recruit our members for their guild Gorgonite Scum, in which they got kicked out for. Later on down the line I know he was also in Iron Knights and had some sort of conflict there. U might wanna check with Chaneral/Caspius to see what happened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tak

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:51 am

We don't really want to string you along, so we'll tell you right now: we really don't have room for another prot pally. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kanos

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:20 am

lol, yea i knew that when i applied...its decent, but im not interested in healin any raids...thanks for ur time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Declined] (Another) Prot Pally   

Back to top Go down

[Declined] (Another) Prot Pally
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1