HomePortalFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:10 am

Well, Obama picked Joe Biden for the VP nomination. Personally, I felt Biden was the strongest possible choice he could make, especially considering how poorly it was shown that Hillary messed up her own campaign.

Obama's had a lot of trouble in the polls lately, especially in many battleground states, so hopefully the pick and the convention and a new ad strategy (I hear they're going on the major offensive with retaliatory negative ads after the convention) will blow away the field.

Obama/Biden '08!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 am

I remember first really paying attention to Biden before the 04 primaries and I liked him a lot then, even better than Kerry. I'm glad he's on board for this one, as much as I like Edwards, Biden is a better choice. Not that I thought Edwards was getting the vp, but I liked him early in the election before thigns began to pan out.

He also appeared on Bill Maher which adds a lot of points in my book. Unless you're Ann Coulter, she has been on that show a lot and she is still an evil bitch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:41 pm

We are so fucked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Galt

avatar

Posts : 767
Join date : 2007-12-11
Age : 33
Location : Get Fucked

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Primary wrote:
We are so fucked

Do tell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.fuckyermother.com
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:08 pm

Pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-queer marrying, Pro-universal healthcare, Pro-communist nut job

Of course, I hate Obama too, so this just adds to the fire
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

avatar

Posts : 2012
Join date : 2007-12-09
Location : Surrounded by primitive screwheads

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:25 pm

Primary, these waters are too deep for you to swim in. I hear the current administration is having a "kiss-and-tell, all secrets revealed" convention down the street, why don't you go see what that's all about?



_________________
I don't know why my girlfriend gets so mad at me for always being right, I don't get mad at her for always being wrong.
Zyzzx - 80 Shadow Priest


Last edited by - Z - on Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:26 pm

No, and fuck you. I'm not really the retard you all think I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ichaerus
Officer
Officer
avatar

Posts : 784
Join date : 2008-04-05
Age : 29
Location : Under a Black Hat.

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:59 pm

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:04 pm

You're no PB, Z
Back to top Go down
View user profile
- Z -

avatar

Posts : 2012
Join date : 2007-12-09
Location : Surrounded by primitive screwheads

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:31 pm

No kidding, he's a troll.

_________________
I don't know why my girlfriend gets so mad at me for always being right, I don't get mad at her for always being wrong.
Zyzzx - 80 Shadow Priest
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comotosis

avatar

Posts : 453
Join date : 2007-12-10
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:51 pm

YOU DONT KNOW ME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Comotosis wrote:
YOU DONT KNOW ME
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Polarity

avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:56 pm

I HATE THE UNFAMILIAR AND DIFFERENT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:06 pm

Primary wrote:
Pro-abortion, pro-gun control, pro-queer marrying, Pro-universal healthcare, Pro-communist nut job

Of course, I hate Obama too, so this just adds to the fire
I'm just going to assume this is a fallback to some of your old flame war antics and politely smile in response.

Biden is responsible for legislation that protected women and children from domestic abuse, he is a well-known figure in Washington and well liked on both sides of the isle. He is a nationally-known figure in foreign countries (he visited Georgia this week while other candidates were stumping for the cameras). He takes the train home to Delaware every single night to be with his family. He's got a great story, a passion for debate and loquaciousness that easily rivals my own, and is a fantastic choice for the ticket.

And for the record, pro-choice, pro-gay-marriage, and pro-universal-health care are NOT negatives in my book. (Gun Control I'm really ambivalent about, I'm not really sure how useful it is.) If you think there's something wrong with a nation that approaches its national problems more socially, you should look at some European nations with superior health care-per-dollar, better working conditions for employees, and longer life expectancies.

It's a fantastic choice and unlike Edwards, he'll viciously attack the Republican candidates.

If you dislike Obama, all I can say is that you're one of the sheeple and will just listen to whatever GOP propaganda you are handed instead of making the decisions on your own. You DO know that McCain is in favor of reinstatement of the draft, smaller tax cuts for someone in your tax bracket (I assume you aren't a multi-millionaire), increased deficit spending, and overturning legislature like Roe v Wade (aka anti-womens' rights)? But hey, if that's how you roll, go ahead and vote for McFailure/More Failure '08.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Roe v Wade is not Womens Rights

And these European nations you speak so highly of with superior medical care, blah, blah blah? What do you think the taxes there are like

Also, I love how you Liberals always refer to any GOP supporters as "Sheeple", regardless you are supporting a candidate who is nothing more than a smart celebrity dressed up pretty to play the White House game. I am FAR from Sheeple, I was VERY anti-Bush in '04 and still am to this day, of course the alternatives weren't much better. Personally I am still in support of a one party system, so we can steer away from petty party rivalry's and get to real issues
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tak

avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:13 pm

So basically, you're a fascist?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Tak wrote:
So basically, you're a fascist?

No, I don't care if queers get "civil unions", I support the First and Second Amendment, but I do not in ANY way support ANY type of abortion. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the Iraq War.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

avatar

Posts : 565
Join date : 2007-12-27
Age : 27
Location : Quebec, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Primary wrote:
Tak wrote:
So basically, you're a fascist?

No, I don't care if queers get "civil unions", I support the First and Second Amendment, but I do not in ANY way support ANY type of abortion. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the Iraq War.
And this is why you're an emo, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB



Posts : 1387
Join date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:44 pm

Roe v Wade is Women's Rights. It's the right of the woman to choose to abort the pregnancy vs the potential rights of the potential human that would potentially die, depending a lot on how you determine "life."

Look, I call GOP talking heads sheeple because they all spout the same messages of hate. You seriously want to keep calling Gay and Lesbian men and women queers? You may say, "Well that's what they are, by definition," but I would wager you'd agree that the term is intended to be derogatory (should we say Nigger, too, about black people?). You clearly have disdain for homosexuality, and the only real reason I'd see for it is 1) you were molested by one or 2) religious dogma (again, making you one of the sheeple, just repeating the same rhetoric over and over). You claim to be okay with "civil unions" but not "marriage" (again, a talking point), but you offer no reason why. In other words, you want to discriminate against gays and lesbians by making sure they don't get to use "your" word, "marriage." I can't see how else you would justify that.

It's easy to say you're not a fan of the Iraq war because let's face it, Bush's approval ratings are in the toilet. But supporting McCain of '08 is very similar to supporting Bush. McCain of 2000 was a fantastic candidate. McCain of '08 has changed position on a lot of issues to simply fall in line with party ideals and pander for votes. You honestly think that a guy who throws away his values for votes is a good candidate to choose?

Tax rates in foreign nations tend to be extremely progressive. In Sweden or the Netherlands, you'll find rates varying from 0% to 50% (the US is about 15%-35%), depending on income. Do you know what that means? That means that people making a good, middle-class income are actually getting taxed less in their countries than we are in ours, because the rich pay a higher percentage of their salaries. Do you really think Warren Buffet needs that extra 500 million he'll lose to Obama's taxes (by the way, Buffet thinks he should be taxed more).

I'm sorry but you're just wrong on all the facts here. Americans pay more for less and people like you put us in danger of continuing that system for at least four more years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Tak

avatar

Posts : 404
Join date : 2008-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:55 pm

If you support a one-party system, you're either a fascist or a communist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:59 pm

Arguing with Liberals is like slowly being pecked to death by a duck
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kornak

avatar

Posts : 62
Join date : 2007-12-20
Location : Seattle WA

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Its funny how as soon as a republican knows he is beaten in a fight he stops talking about the issues and just talks about how unreasonable liberals are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Polarity

avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Primary wrote:
Arguing with Liberals is like slowly being pecked to death by a duck

At this point, you've proven you're not arguing or debating. You are just insulting people, which is not only childish, but a real great way to prove you're a dick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shelarahn

avatar

Posts : 880
Join date : 2008-05-10
Age : 27
Location : Red State

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:39 pm

Polarity wrote:
Primary wrote:
Arguing with Liberals is like slowly being pecked to death by a duck

At this point, you've proven you're not arguing or debating. You are just insulting people, which is not only childish, but a real great way to prove you're a dick.

Have we met? I'm pretty sure thats BEEN proven a thousand times

And Kornak, I'm not beaten, I'm just not going to argue 1v100 against people who are in essence the same as me, hardheaded and set in our ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Polarity

avatar

Posts : 155
Join date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:06 pm

I wasn't arguing whether or not it's public knowledge, and you keep saying you're arguing. I haven't seen an argument on the topic yet from you. Maybe it feels like 1v100 because of that exact reason.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?   

Back to top Go down
 
Hey Joe, Whaddaya Know?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Public Topics :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: