Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter

Go down 
+4
Serayne
Vaslant
Bakasuya
Straiku
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Straiku

Straiku

[Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter Empty
PostSubject: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:57 pm

Hey, this is my 1st time applying for any guild, so i hope i do this correctly.

I am Straiku, a 41/20 BEAST MASTERY Hunter:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Straiku

Pretty Basic setup talent-wise.

My unbuffed AP so far is 1938, my unbuffed Crit % is 26.36, my hit rating is 137, and my melee/ranged weapons are Shivering Felspine / Crossbow of Relentless Strikes

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Straiku

Answers to the Template Questions

1. I do have a 2 minute PVP Trinket.
2. I do not have the Medallion of Karabor.
3. I do not have a Shadow Resist set for Mother Sharhaz.
4. My trinkets are Dragonspine Trophy and Bloodlust Brooch, and i have a macro for the Bloodlust Brooch which incorporates it with the Bestial Wrath talent move and Steady Shot.
5. I was born in Kingston, Jamaica, but I currently live in San Diego, California. I understand English perfectly.
6. I am 15 years old, and I could say I'm mature for my age, but I also like to have fun from time to time Razz.
7. I do have Vent, and I can speak. (No, I don't have a Jamaican accent anymore, although I could do one if I tried)
8. My main raiding addons at the moment are: Omen, DeadlyBossMods, DamageMeters, and Group Calendar.

My Raid Experience Pre-BC:
I am, sad to say, a BC-born player, but I have played and seen my neighborhood friends play through all of Pre-BC, from RFC to Kel'Thuzad in Naxxramas. I have put together Molten Core groups before Post BC, but we were only able to down a few bosses before disbanding.

My Raid Experience Post-BC:
I attended most all of my previous guilds' raids, therefore, I know the fights to all of Karazhan, ZA, Gruuls, and Mags. I have also fought 4/5 SSC, 1/5 TK (only did VR runs), and 2/5 MH.

A Short Guild History:

I have always been on the Gorgonnash Server, and my guilds have been pretty stable. My 1st guild was Local Punks, which was primarily comprised of real life friends of mine who wanted to make a raiding guild. We disbanded after a while, and most of them began to play their Alliance characters. My next guild was Digital Heroes, where I have stayed up until now. As you may know, DH disbanded, and many of them merged into Iron Knights.

I would like to join Damage Done primarily because I seek a more stable group of guild members, and also that I'm looking for a new social and gaming experience, basically, I'm looking for a change.

I think I would be a good addition to Damage Done because I not only bring my raiding abilities, but I also give my personality and humor, which I hope will be welcome in your guild.

I will be available for all of your raid times, but i MAY not be able to go on Tuesdays, because the Rugby season is starting up again soon, and I need to attend practice (which may or may not be on Tuesday).

I'm looking forward to responses, questions, or comments!

Straiku - BM Hunter. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bakasuya

Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:07 pm

Hi Straiku, I think I have run a few sunwell gkp with you. Your stats and your gear are all pretty acceptable for entry into a raiding guild. I want you to get a new cloak, like yesterday. The badge cloak, shade cloak, ZA cloak, or the crafted one (vengeance wrap). Find me in game so I can talk to you about your gems, they need some work and will improve your dps.

I would take one point out of animal handler and put the 5th point into Frenzy also, its a toss up either way but I like the 100% vs 80% in frenzy.
Back to top Go down
Vaslant

Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:12 pm

Vaslant: Gib repair bot, nub!
Straiku: Tip required. :p

I totally vouch for this guy dps-wise. He also has the DST I should have... Grr! Good to see you checking DD out, bro!! Smile

/salute

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Serayne

Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:18 pm

Talent spec looks fine. Goggles and spear are sexy of course, but some of the other gear is lacking..and we do generally have 3 BM hunters already with one wanting to go Survival. Attendance is a pretty big issue, do you think you could make some calls and figure out if you will for sure be available on Tuesdays? Would help.

I'm not going to pretend I'm a hunter expert here, so I'll just throw some random miscellaneous stuff around.

1. What's up with the atk pwr/crit gems and even the pure atk pwr gem? Confused. Pretty sure you always go with agi/hit, agi, and agi/stam to satisfy meta requirements/good bonuses. Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. There appears to be at least several badge items that are nice upgrades for you. Are you working on that?

3. You have a -lot- of reputation to earn in order to get the Exalted Shoulder Inscriptions and the Raid Flasks. Do you plan on working on this/have the funds to get the reputation and/or substitute for standard flasks? Actually, now that I look at it..a lot of your reputation levels with dungeon factions are quite low..is this an alt?

4. Your Keepers of Time reputation isn't revered, which means you cannot teleport to Hyjal! Although we may be phasing Hyjal out soon, I would suggest doing some heroic BM runs for rep/badges nonetheless.

5. Looking at some of your battleground/arena information (reputation levels being very low, barely over 4k lifetime kills, and pretty low arena ratings) you don't seem to pvp much at all. I really don't know, but are there any items from PvP S4 that would be an upgrade for you? I'd guess there would be...

Anyway, guess that's all I have for now. Please answer these questions and I'm sure our Hunter Officer will be around to check soon, as well as others. Good luck.

Edit: Appears Baka beat me to it. Bastard.
Back to top Go down
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: Gems! and other things.   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:36 pm

Wow, i wasnt really expecting such a fast response lol, so i guess i better answer these questions fast as well.

First off, i know my gems aren't perfect, I'd be glad to fix them with a little help from a more experienced Hunter.
Right now i only have 600g or so, and epic gems are costly to come by, as you know.

AND THE BIG QUESTION ABOUT REP!

Yes, I know, my rep is pretty low with some factions.... I suppose this is because while farming badges, I tend to stick to the easier and more badge-abundant heroics (Botanica, Mechanar, Shattered Halls, etc). The major dent in my rep would be the Keepers of Time (as Serayne stated), and I would be glad to get that reputation up. For the Scryer rep (exalted shoulders / raid flasks) , I can easily farm some Arcane Tomes / Signets, but I've never really gotten around to it =\.

PVP wise.... I hate Battlegrounds. Honor farming is soooooo boring, but Arena is fun, and I have been working on S3, so that I can get geared enough to start saving for S4.

As to Badge upgrades, I don't really see much that could be upgraded, besides Angelista's Revenge (60 badge).

Either way, thank you very much for pointing out a few flaws that I had not seen before, I'm actually really glad you gave me some goals, I've been bored to the point of FISHING lately. affraid
Back to top Go down
Bakasuya

Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:53 pm

Yeah you should save badges for the ring, it would be a pretty big upgrade for you.

Pretty much everything serayne said about the gemming. Find me in game and Ill help you out on the gemming.
Back to top Go down
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:35 pm

Oh and just FYI, for both of my past guilds, I have been the "Guild Engineer".

375 GNOMISH (omfg what a noob he went gnome lol) Engineer. AND PROUD OF IT! I can polymorph people Smile

Basically, I have tons of Repair Bots, and I can make scopes and w/e.
Back to top Go down
Smolder

Smolder

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:38 pm

And you think you're mature for your age?
Back to top Go down
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:25 pm

Ahah, well I guess I meant that I don't get carried away with stupid / pointless conversations or randomly go off-topic while speaking about something. Basically, I don't act like a punk :p

Oh another thing, Today (Thursday, August 7th), I will not be online at any time, but I should be able to check the forum from time to time. If there is a test raid that you would like me to attend, just put it up here, so I can make sure I can be on at that time.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 9:26 am

Possibly today (Friday) we'll be able to try you out if you show up.
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: A few things   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Hey guys, I would just like to say that I'm really sorry for what happened on Friday with BT and all that, I'm not going to go into details atm, but I would just like to let you know that I wont let that happen again. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was even going to be invited to the raid, so I was just killing things on the Ata'mal Terrace, and I ended up on the ledge above Doomwalker.

Either way, If you would like to give me another chance, I would deeply appreciate it... I've also been working a lot on my SR set (i only need Hearts of Darkness, then i can make 3 pieces of it), and I also have most of the mats for the Vengeance Wrap (Cape that Bakasuya suggested I get, i only need a few more Primal Airs to make it.)

Vaslant (who is now a new member of your guild /woot) suggested I get the Pendant of Shadow's End, so I got that made... I feel pretty good about my SR set now, well, once i get the HoD's to get it made Razz.

If you need to ask anything of me or just want to chat, I'll be on today and tomorrow for a fairly large portion of the day, I had a fever, so I'll just be taking it easy tomorrow.

Cheers,
Straiku
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:27 am

The real problem is that you weren't ready for the invite. It may be boring to be on radio silence and wondering if I'm going to invite you, but we usually have a pretty large officer discussion on who should get to go so we can see new people without gimping our normal raid crew.

You made a pretty huge blunder by getting yourself killed carelessly, something I'm worried will translate into careless play in a raid, but if Baka will vouch for you I'll give you one more shot.
Back to top Go down
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 12:42 am

Yea, I guess it was just a whole new experience raiding with a different guild, so I didn't really know how you guys would do invites (my previous guild did invites through Group Calendar, so I always knew who was and was not going). Now that I understand that I must be prepared beforehand and not always expect an invite, you can be assured that Friday's events will not be revisited. Anyways, I now have the Vengeance Wrap cape, and that should up my DPS a bit, and If you do decide to give me another shot (its up to Baka It seems), I should be available on Tuesday, and if anything changes I'll post it up here.

Adios,
Straiku
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 1:17 pm

After some discussion with the Man of the Hour, I've decided to let the Doomwalker thing slip my mind and give you another go, so make sure you're there.
Back to top Go down
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Alright, I should be able to be there today... Although, the only complication would be that I raid on a laptop, and the only charger I have is broken, but I can probably get my dad to snag one from his office.

Things just got a bit more complicated... Apparently my sleepover at a friends house wasn't such a good idea last night, and my dad's pretty pissed at me, so I now have TWO ways of action that I can go about to join the raid tonight:

1. Play at my friend's house - He has vent, but lacks some of the addons (which I can grab for him easily)

2. (Ninja Move) Take my dad's charger while he is inside when he comes home to pick up my sister for soccer @ 5:30

I really hope this works out... Hopefully I'll see you in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:03 pm

Don't fortget to steal his credit card and order a Vagina Potato on eBay.
Back to top Go down
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 10:05 pm

Hey peeps,

Just wanted to say I'm glad that I was able to be on and participate in your BT run.... Sucks that I had to go a bit early, I would have really liked to have seen Teron Gorefiend's fight and perhaps more.

I (not having any experience in BT at all) found it very VERY useful to run it with a guild who knew what they were doing, instead of following a guild who was learning the fights as well as myself.

Oh and also, thanks alot for the new shoulders (I has teh eyes nao Very Happy), They should up my DPS considerably... ANYWAYS, under the circumstances of today (played on a PC for the 1st time in ages), I think that I could have done much more DPS than I did... considering that I was trying to DPS and read up more about raid fights in MH and BT on Raidguru >.>)

Oh thanks again Baka for that macro, It helps alot Very Happy

If you need me again for a raid, I should be available on Friday (I'm solving my laptop charger issue on Saturday or Sunday!)

Laterz.
Straiku
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 9:37 am

Okay, it's pretty hard to judge how well you did because you only stayed for Najentus and Supremus, both of which are terrible metrics for performance.

However, you didn't do anything colossally dumb, so I'll give you the green light to come back again. We will be doing Sunwell today or Friday, where I probably won't let you come unless we're short-handed, but otherwise we're doing Hyjal so I'd try to show up today just to see, and if we can't take you, show up Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Straiku

Straiku

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:19 pm

Cool, I'm glad that I've been given another chance and not messed it up >.<

Buuut, I will be unable to make any raid today (Thursday), because I've had plans with my family for today from weeks before (Going Fishing, gotta get my skill up to 375 Razz )

The best next day for me to raid would be MH on Sunday, because I'll have a new charger by then and will have all of my original addons / macros / basic wow interface that I'm used to, Instead of playing on my friends PC. I will, however, see if I can make whatever raid it is for Friday, but it's undetermined at this point.

Oh and also I'd like to say that although it seems like every raid I'm asked to come to I say "Maybe".... It's just that I've had a really REALLY busy week. I would have app'd next week, but Swifttoad told me that you guys were recruiting, and I just couldn't pass up an opportunity at gaining End-Game experiences like this. You can be sure that after things calm down this week IRL, I'll be available for raids basically any day.

Cheers,
Straiku
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 1:23 pm

PB meant Friday or Sunday. We don't raid on Thursdays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter   [Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Accepted] Straiku - BM Hunter
Page 1 of 1