AuthorMessage
Vaslant

PostSubject: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:03 pm

PVE Talent Spec
Combat Swords (link)

Armory Link
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Vaslant

Main Hand: Talon of Azshara /w Mongoose
Off-Hand: Akil'zon's Talonblade (looking to replace)
Throwing: Blade of Life's Inevitability

EDIT: As you can see above, there is plenty of room to upgrade my weapons. I have tried for months to find a good arena team to get the latest weapons, but have yet to find a team that works well (might have been the players, not the classes); so, if anyone's willing to work on some arena, I'm more than willing if it means more dps, faster hits, more crits, etc. I also did MH every week to try and get some things from there, but every time I rolled, I got the short end of the stick. Maybe I have bad luck with rolls? :p

Stats (Unbuffed)
HP: 9,624
AP: 1,857
Hit: 243
Crit: 24.30%
Haste: 34
Expertise: 10

A 2-minute PVP trinket?
Yes. The crappy blue one. (it makes me wanna cry when I wear it, lol)

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor?
Negative. Can obtain upon request.

A shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz? (any pieces?)
Negative. Can work on upon request.

What is your trinket set-up? Do you need any obvious upgrades? (DST, HSH, etc?)
Bloodlust Brooch
Hourglass of the Unraveller (blue)

DST and SoC would be nice. I do the runs weekly, but they never drop.

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?)
Houston, TX and yes, I speak and comprehend English well.

How old are you?

Do you have a mic/headset for vent?
Yes, and I use it. Wink

Do you have Grid, XPerl, PallyPower, or some other UI that helps you buff, pick up lose aggro, etc?
I have over 230 addons running all the time. I'm sure I've got everything I need. If there are any specific addons, I do not have any issues downloading and running them upon request.

Raid Experience
KZ, ZA, Gruul's, Mag's
--- fully cleared many times
SSC
--- Hydross, Lurker, Tidewalker downed
--- Leo, Fathom-Lord attempted but not downed
--- Vashj never attempted
TK
--- VR downed
--- Al'ar attempted but not downed
--- Solarian, Kael never attempted
MH
--- Rage, Anetheron, Kaz downed
--- Azgalor attempted but not downed
--- Archimonde never attempted
BT
--- RoS downed
--- Naj, Supremus, Shade, Gorefiend, Bloodboil, Mother, Council, Illidan never attempted
SW
--- only ever done trash runs for my throwing weapon
--- Kalecgos, Brutallus, Felmyst, Twins, M'uru, Kil'jaeden never attempted

Guild History
<Örder of Äffinity>
Myself and 2 real-life friends created this guild back when I first started playing. Things didn't work out as we planned and there were severe internal issues between the members and the officers. I was in this guild for approximately 7 months. We disbanded and formed the below guild.

<Coup de Grâce>
After 5 months of trying to progress out of Karazhan, and only having the same "raid core" of approximately 10 people online at our raid times, the Officers and myself voted on a merge I proposed. I was in this guild for approximately 5 months. The raid core moved into the below guild.

<Digital Heroes>
This is my current guild. We HAD KZ, ZA, Gruul's and Mags on farm and we were progressing through SSC/TK and MH until some big guild drama blew up and our GM and Raid Leader /gquit. Once again, the biggest downfall was attendance prior to the drama this week. I am looking to leave for progression, at a faster pace combined with people who will attend the raids and not complain when they are left out of the next one for not showing up before a raid is scheduled to start.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times
I agree to all posted rules and raid times.

Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated here
By this, if you are asking if will I be ready for the scheduled raid, of course I will! I will try my best to be online 30 minutes before the scheduled raid and will be fully repaired with buff food, flasks, poisons, flash powder, l33tness and dry humor. If you'd like anything added to the list, please let me know.

Reason(s) for applying
Guild drama went down, things hit the roof, friends got screwed, raids were missed and it just left me in a state of wtfness. Something I do not like to ever feel, much less realize I am feeling it. I am tired of going into 25-man content for hours on end and not downing a boss. It's one thing to not be able to progress, but when you have the dps, the tanks and the heals, spending 2-3 hours on one boss and wiping constantly because people cannot do their jobs right CONSISTENTLY, it becomes unbearable after a while. Their raid times were fine, but were very close to when I got off of work. Yours seem to be better suited to me, allowing me time to get home, take care of some things and THEN get on the game, instead of getting on the game, raiding for 4 hours, then trying to rush to clean the house and make a late dinner (it was very stressful).

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done
--- please be aware I took more than 1-2 sentences, I hope it won't be counted against me! ---
I bring to the table professional manners combined with an ability to enjoy the game and the people I play it with. There's a time to be serious, ie - a boss fight, but also a time to laugh, have fun and joke around when the time is appropriate. I have led raids, I have led guilds, I have led my class, but I have yet to find a place that has EVERYTHING I am looking for and I will bring an open-mind and a willingness to work from the bottom up to earn the respect from my guildmates. What I desire most is that when I log on for a raid, or log off after a raid, that I truly feel deep down at home and completely confident in my guildmate's abilities as good players, good people and good friends. I've seen hints of this in the past and through all the changes, I've kept some good friends from the start. I promise to you, whomever might read this, that I will do my part in 3 aspects: being on time, performing my job and knowing the difference between a time to play and a time to get down and dirty in a boss's face. I will bring my "A" game every day. I take criticism, whether it be positive or negative and use it to see where I'm doing well and where I'm falling short. I do not mind hearing, "pick up the dps, Vaslant," or, "great job kicking those heals, Vaslant." In either case, it will motivate me to take my game to the next level.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Vaslant Jenkins

Last edited by Vaslant on Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com/
Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:17 pm

Your application is pretty. +1

Your last name (?) is Jenkins? Legit. +1

...can I call you Leeroy?

On a more serious note. I have no say on whether you join or not. As I'm a quitter I'm probably less qualified than others, but I feel like posting anyway. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Serayne wrote:
Your application is pretty. +1

Your last name (?) is Jenkins? Legit. +1

...can I call you Leeroy?

On a more serious note. I have no say on whether you join or not. As I'm a quitter I'm probably less qualified than others, but I feel like posting anyway. Good luck.
Well, my last name is not actually Jenkins, it was more or less given to me while in <Digital Heroes>. If you've got time for a laugh, read below:

On our first attempt on Tidewalker in SSC, I was asked to run in and aggro him so that the Murlocs would despawn and be less of a headache in the entrance tunnel. So, being new to SSC, I was thinking it had the same effect as Mag's where you run in, aggro everything and then it resets. Little did I know how far from the truth I was! So... now to the funny part and the reason why I was given the title. As a Rogue, one's first instinct is to stealth and take a look-see to determine what needs to happen to despawn said Murlocs. Take a guess, is that what I did? No, I didn't. I opened up my chat box, changed it to /yell and typed something of this sort: "LLLEEEERRROOOYY JJJEEENNKKIINNSSS!!!" Can you guess what happened next?! I ran into the Murlocs, unstealthed, popped Sprint, Evasion and CoS and proceeded down the hallway and eventually made it to Tidewalker. Little did I know the Murlocs had survived and did not despawn. If you were on Vent, you would've had to throw your headphones off or turn down your speakers because of the laughter. Even though we made some good attempts on Tidewalker, we didn't down him, but to this day people still say in Vent and in /raid chat my name as "Vaslant Jenkins."

cheers

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:56 pm

Sounds like a bad day. Did you at least have some chicken?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:59 pm

Serayne wrote:
Sounds like a bad day. Did you at least have some chicken?
Not too sure. If I did is was BBQ'd to perfection!

In all honesty, it wasn't a bad day. I made sure everyone was far enough back to not pull the Murlocs or serpents when I ran in so all I had to do was run back in, no harm, no foul and the reaction I got from everyone was well worth the repair bill! Smile

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:16 pm

I love houston
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:22 pm

Bakasuya wrote:
I love houston
What's your favorite part? I live on the North-West side and recently bought a new 4-bedroom house with my girlfriend. I'm sure anyone can guess why she wanted the extra bedrooms, eh? silent

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Bakasuya

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:26 pm

I just used to go down to fuck around on Westheimer when I was into racing. I used to live in Dallas.

EDIT - Your from houston, answer the most important question EVER? Have you ever ate at freebirds?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:30 pm

Bakasuya wrote:
I just used to go down to fuck around on Westheimer when I was into racing. I used to live in Dallas.
How far back was this? I used to live off of Hwy 6 and Westheimer for a few years before moving out to the NW side. I was into the scene for a little bit, but being a full-time student at the time, it wasn't very cost-effective for me. Mad

EDIT: I've eaten @ the one off of 1960 and I forget the cross-street. Their BBQ sauce is the bomb, man...

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Smolder

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:36 pm

Looks pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:53 pm

Vaslant warglaive
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:25 am

Demoniack wrote:
Vaslant warglaive
O_o

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
sierramist

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:57 am

Vaslant's a cool guy, ive known him for along time. <--- my 2 cents
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Comotosis

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:04 am

Why so many green gems? AP on gloves? No chant on offhand?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PB

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:07 am

We'd like to see you in action, but this Sunday may not work because we only have Council and Illidan left up. We may want you to come to Council just to see... but it's up in the air.

If not, I definitely want to see you in action this Tuesday, and if possible, get some of the things Como mentioned taken care of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://damagedone.forumotion.com
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:34 am

sierramist wrote:
Vaslant's a cool guy, ive known him for along time. <--- my 2 cents
Ty, Sierra. Would be great to run with you again! Very Happy

Comotosis wrote:
Why so many green gems? AP on gloves? No chant on offhand?
The green gems are an easy fix - I had been working on a Pally alt and a Druid alt and skills and mounts get expensive; however, that's why Blizzard was kind enough to do dailies, right? I'll get those fixed. Wink

I will also put up Sup Agi on my gloves if you really want me to, but seeing as how there are a lot of options for upgrades, like the gems, I was conserving the cash. Again, an easy fix.

The enchant on the OH was something I had decided on due to, once again, cost. If I need to, I can always get the thing enchanted, but like the gloves, there are a lot of options available for an upgrade, but if required, I will enchant it as well. Smile

Peanutbutter wrote:
We'd like to see you in action, but this Sunday may not work because we only have Council and Illidan left up. We may want you to come to Council just to see... but it's up in the air.

If not, I definitely want to see you in action this Tuesday, and if possible, get some of the things Como mentioned taken care of.
I will be available Sunday @ 2:45pm if you'll need me. I will also be available on Tuesday @ 6:30pm if you'll need me then. I'll check back often and get the items Como mentioned resolved before then. Very Happy

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Necis
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:06 am

You seem to have a pretty good attitude about things but in an effort to put your best foot forward I would say you should probably go ahead with the expenditures for the sake of making the best initial performance possible.

Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:03 am

Necis wrote:
You seem to have a pretty good attitude about things but in an effort to put your best foot forward I would say you should probably go ahead with the expenditures for the sake of making the best initial performance possible.
Updates to gear:

OH Weapon: Now has Mongoose
Gloves: Trickster's Stickyfingers w/ Superior Agility
Gems: Replaced Greens with Rares

Updates to stats:
HP: 9,564
AP: 1,861
Hit: 241
Crit: 24.32%
Haste: 59
Expertise: 10

Armory might not update yet, but feel free to find me in game to inspect the updates. Smile

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Xeos
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:24 pm

I was going to ask you why you didn't have the SoC yet, but noticed that you are exalted with Shattered Sun Offensive so I will assume that you have just had a terrible streak of bad luck. That being said, since you are exalted I believe that the rep neck piece is a dps upgrade for you. ~80 gold or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:32 pm

Scryer proc sucks =/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:34 pm

Xeos wrote:
I was going to ask you why you didn't have the SoC yet, but noticed that you are exalted with Shattered Sun Offensive so I will assume that you have just had a terrible streak of bad luck. That being said, since you are exalted I believe that the rep neck piece is a dps upgrade for you. ~80 gold or something.

(more like 20ish)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xeos
Officer
Officer

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:15 pm

Demoniack wrote:
Scryer proc sucks =/

Oh, well then. I wasn't sure how often the DD proc'd, I assumed that it was similar dps to the aldor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:26 pm

Xeos wrote:
Demoniack wrote:
Scryer proc sucks =/

Oh, well then. I wasn't sure how often the DD proc'd, I assumed that it was similar dps to the aldor.
If I were Aldor, it would definately be worth it, as it is the #4 dps neck in the game for a Rogue; but, since I'm Scryer, the neck isn't even the top 25 necks for a Rogue. But it was definitely something I looked into since it had good stats.

As for luck, yes, it's been pretty bad lately. Only seen DST drop twice and rolled < 20 on each and have yet to see SoC drop once in about 100 clears. :/

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Serayne

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:29 pm

Vaslant wrote:

I have over 230 addons running all the time.

Screenshot of your UI or it didn't happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vaslant

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:35 pm

Serayne wrote:
Vaslant wrote:

I have over 230 addons running all the time.

Screenshot of your UI or it didn't happen.
Will this work instead of my UI? Can't exactly show all the addons at once. :p

~ Sean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue   

Back to top Go down

[APPROVED] Vaslant - Combat Rogue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next