Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin

Go down 
+7
Demoniack
taldra
- Z -
Secondary
Petrus
PB
Rishana
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rishana

Rishana

[ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin Empty
PostSubject: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:14 am

PVE Talent Spec- Prot Paladin

Armory Link- http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Rishana

Stats (Unbuffed)

HP: 15727
MP: 5853

TANKS ONLY
Armor: 16525 w/o devotion arua
Dodge: 23.51%
Parry: 16.6%
Block: 20.44%
Block Value: I'm currently at work and wow armory does not list the block value. However when I get home at about 3ish server time I can check, and then I will update this comment here.
Expertise: 5
Spell Damage: 467

Do you have The Medallion of Karabor? No I do not. However I will be starting the quest chain soon.

A shadow resist set for Mother Sharhaz? (any pieces?) None, however I am currently farming the gold to buy all the mats for the craftable pieces.

A fire resist set for Illidan? (tanks only, all others can delete this line) None, however I can also buy the mats and get it built.

What is your trinket set-up? Do you need any obvious upgrades? (DST, HSH, etc?) I use Commendation of Kaelthas and the Epic JC Snake trinket. (33int 49stam, 2min use to have +150 spell dmg for 20 sec.)

Where are you from? (do you speak/understand English well?) I am from Washington state and English is my only language.

How old are you? 19 almost 20.

Do you have a mic/headset for vent? Yes to both.

Raid Experience
Kara-Clear
Mags-Clear
Gruuls-Clear
ZA-5/6, Ive never been in a group who could kill hex lord.
TK-3/4, Void Reaver down as well as Solarion, attempts made on alar.
SSC-4/6, Hydros (I am the nature tank), Lurker, Tidewalker, Fathom Lord Karathress
Mount Hyjal- 3/5, Rage Winterchill, Anetheron, attempted Kaz'rogal. However I am usually tanking all of the waves myself, though I believe I have the gear to tank some of the beginning bosses here.
Black Temple- First boss only, and only did once, didnt kill.

Guild History
Guilds I was in before BC, when horde didnt have paladins.
Build More Farms: This guild was a pre:BC guild and it merged with another guild to form Blades of Light. A lot of core raiders left it at one point for Frenzy and it stagnated.

When I created the paladin, I was in:
Disease: I was in here for a short time, but left to join a guild that had a few RL friends in it. Was not yet 70, so Disease didnt really need me either.

The Dark Allegiance: Currently in this guild. While we have progressed recently, my RL friends who were in the guild have left.

Acknowledgment of agreement to our rules and times I agree, they sound great and reasonable.

Preparedness for the next scheduled raid, unless stated hereI see you raid on Fridays, and this coming friday, August 1st, I have to pick up my mother from surgery, and I am not sure exactly what time I would be back. However this is a rare event and usually tuesday, friday, and sunday sound great to me.

I would be able to make a trial run with you guys sunday if possible.

Reason(s) for applying I would like to join a guild who is focusing on raiding, and has the numbers to do it. Also I would love to see some of the more end game stuff before the x-pan hits and nobody keeps running them.

Final Thoughts, why you would be a good addition to Damage Done I have a great raid history, and besides very few missed raids, have had perfect attendance. If I am doing something wrong I have no problem changing what I am doing. I keep vent talk to a minimum so as not to cause any confusion, and I am willing to learn any bosses/mobs I will have to tank. Depending on what bosses/mobs I am needed for I have no problem looking online for guides of the encounters.

Just as a quick addition, I wanted to mention the addon's I use:
DBM/Omen

Atlas Loot
Tankadin
X-perl unit frames
Bongo's
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:18 am

Please submit a talent spec.

Also, the Illidan Fire resist set is about 80% Badges (100 badges), the Mag quest chain ring, the JC neck, and usually 1-2 blue/green resist pieces. Do you have the badges to buy it?
Back to top Go down
https://damagedone.forumotion.com
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:29 am

Here we go, my talent tree setup.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Gorgonnash&n=Rishana

As for the fire resist, I currently lack badges as I screwed up a order of epic jewel crafting gems and had to buy some to fix the problem. So I only have a like 14 left. I do however try to do Botanica everyday, and I have not done kara this week either.

This would net me almost enough by next the middle of next week, so I suppose I'm pretty sure I would have the badges to buy the entire set.

As for the Mags quest chain I wasn't aware there was a quest chain, but if you could tell me the name of the item received, I can search on wowhead what its a quest reward from and start the quest chain.

For the JC fire resist ring, im a JC so I can easily solve that problem.

As for the greens ill just have to hit up the AH and see if anyone has some up for sale.
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:35 am

Phoenix-Fire Band

Why would you put 2 points in Divine Intellect over Precision?
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:44 am

Last night we were doing training on alar and I decided to try tweaking it a bit to make the fight easier.

I usually put 3 points into precision and none into blessing of protection and keep the 2 points for more int, as paladins are usually pretty mana starved unless they are taking a lot of dmg.

Ive never really though it a problem, but I have no problem dropping the points for the extra int and putting them into the 2 points for the blessing of protection talent.

Last edited by Rishana on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:46 am

Rishana wrote:
The guild I am currently in was training on Alar last night.

I was using it to throw on people or myself in case the embers of alar were being a problem.

However having 3 points into precision is the norm for me, I just put points into blessing of protection this time for our training.

Normally my tree looks like this:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=0200000000000000000005305133500021020215510520500030000000000000
You completely misread my statement. Why do you have 2 points in Divine Intellect (Increases your Intellect by 2/4/6/8/10%)? Why don't you have One-Handed Weapon Specialization? I dunno who you roll with, but our salvo of warlocks and mages just love pulling aggro off paladins in Mount Hyjal. Anything you can do to beef up your threat is key.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:52 am

I noticed that, you responded to my message faster than I could edit it.

The message above from me has been changed.

Also about the 5% more with melee weapons talent:

I decided to not get it and pickup the reduced timer on judgements and the 15% increased movement speed and 3% spell resist.

Considering that the majority of aggro a paladin does is based off of spell dmg, I didnt think it would hurt terribly too much to not put points in to it.

As for who I run hyjal with, I recently have been running with Narcism. Besides somebody jumping the gun and using AOE before I had sufficient aggro, I have had little problems with tanking the waves.

I change my libram for this fight as well, using the libram from sethek halls for the increased consecrate damage.

Last edited by Rishana on Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
PB

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 pm

It's 5% more damage while you are holding a one-handed weapon. That doesn't mean your auto-attack swings do 5% more. That means your Judgments, Consecrates, Holy Shields, everything, does 5% more damage as long as you are holding a one-handed weapon.

That's 5% more threat.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:17 pm

I did not know that.

I always understood it as 5% more melee dmg.

Here is what my tree would look like then with that talented.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/paladin/talents.html?tal=0000000000000000000005325133500021025215510500500000000000000000

Any objection to that setup?

or would it be better worth to leave out the two points in blessing of protection and put them into something else?
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:18 pm

Peanutbutter wrote:
It's 5% more damage while you are holding a one-handed weapon. That doesn't mean your auto-attack swings do 5% more. That means your Judgments, Consecrates, Holy Shields, everything, does 5% more damage as long as you are holding a one-handed weapon.

That's 5% more threat.

Actually, with Righteous Fury up and the additional 90 of damage as threat, it's 9.5% more threat.
Back to top Go down
http://gunsforhire.wowstead.com/
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm

wow, I wish I had known this sooner.

I have never had any trouble with aggro, so I usually didn't pay much attention to this talent, as I assumed I knew what it did, but 9.5% more aggro generation total is not something to pass up on.

Ill go respec when I get home from work and fix this.

Also just from reading responses from other applicants, I will mention I forgot to say I also have pallypower as well.
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:41 pm

The more recent spec you put up is very good, but I recommend 2/2 Improved Judgment. 2 seconds off of your Judgment cooldown means more threat, and if you are raiding with us, you will want as much threat as you can muster.
(drop 2 points from guardians favor for 2/2 imp judgment)
Back to top Go down
- Z -

- Z -

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:43 pm

I highly recommend you read up on all pertinent tanking literature. EJ and Pallytank are both a good start.

How is it that you do not use Pallypower?
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:44 pm

It was a toss up between the reduced judge timer, and the reduced CD of protection blessing.

Basically they were the last two points I had left to spend, and it was between those two talents.

I can spec for the reduced judge timer.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:46 pm

- Z - wrote:
I highly recommend you read up on all pertinent tanking literature. EJ and Pallytank are both a good start.

How is it that you do not use Pallypower?

I will read up on the tanking literature's, usually using elitist jerks as my main source.

as for pally power, 3 posts up from this one I believe I mentioned that I use pally power and just forgot to mention it in my actual application.
Back to top Go down
Secondary

Secondary

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 12:49 pm

Rishana wrote:
as for pally power, 3 posts up from this one I believe I mentioned that I use pally power and just forgot to mention it in my actual application.

Thank god.

www.tankadin.com is also a great source for all kinda of paladin tank informations.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:01 pm

thanks ill check out the site.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:03 pm

I have a few main questions. Most of these are opinion-type, and don't necessarily have a 'right' answer.

1. Why 10 stam to gloves instead of 2% threat or 240 armor?
2. Why do you gem for socket bonuses instead of straight stamina as some others do?
3. Why do you have 150 health to your chestpiece instead of 15 defense?
4. Why do you use dual stamina trinkets?
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:19 pm

Petrus wrote:
I have a few main questions. Most of these are opinion-type, and don't necessarily have a 'right' answer.

2. Why do you gem for socket bonuses instead of straight stamina as some others do?

1. I am saving up my crystals for the 2% threat enchant, believe me, its on my to do list.
2. I gemmed for the socket bonuses because of the bonus mitigation I would receive from the gems i put in those other red/yellow sockets, and these help me stay above uncrushable without using the holy shield libram. Ive actually been thinking about replacing everything with the +15 stam gems, but lack of funds and badges has been the biggest problem as of now.
3. I dont need anymore defense, as I am defense capped, so I got the 150 hp enchant instead.
4. the duel stamina trinkets are both very nice IMO. The snake trinket gives a lot of stamina AND a chunk of int, as well as a short CD use ability for 150 spell dmg every 20 sec. Basically for example, in Hyjal, I can use the snake trinket every wave. As for the commendation trinket, it gives a large chunk of health, about ~700-800 or so with talents, possibly more, and its dodge rating when I hit critical health is always nice. When combined with ardent defender, at 6k HP i take 30% less damage and have 8% more dodge while the trinket lasts.
Back to top Go down
Petrus

Petrus

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 pm

Rishana wrote:
Petrus wrote:

1. I am saving up my crystals for the 2% threat enchant, believe me, its on my to do list.
2. I gemmed for the socket bonuses because of the bonus mitigation I would receive from the gems i put in those other red/yellow sockets, and these help me stay above uncrushable without using the holy shield libram. Ive actually been thinking about replacing everything with the +15 stam gems, but lack of funds and badges has been the biggest problem as of now.
3. I dont need anymore defense, as I am defense capped, so I got the 150 hp enchant instead.
4. the duel stamina trinkets are both very nice IMO. The snake trinket gives a lot of stamina AND a chunk of int, as well as a short CD use ability for 150 spell dmg every 20 sec. Basically for example, in Hyjal, I can use the snake trinket every wave. As for the commendation trinket, it gives a large chunk of health, about ~700-800 or so with talents, possibly more, and its dodge rating when I hit critical health is always nice. When combined with ardent defender, at 6k HP i take 30% less damage and have 8% more dodge while the trinket lasts.

Good answers. I can take some time to explain to you why I personally believe the 15 defense enchant to be the best for its slot, but that is neither here nor there right now, and can be set aside for some other time.
Back to top Go down
taldra

taldra

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 2:51 pm

this is a small question that i had, why the 150 health?

I know that you are defence capped so you don't need that but wouldn't +6 stat be a little better for more midigation?

I don't know pally stat all that well so is 150hp the best choice if your Defence capped or was it just in your price range for chants?
Back to top Go down
Demoniack

Demoniack

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:03 pm

150hp all the way

6stats is useless when you are uncrushable.

You'll get mana back from being healed.
You'll get avoidance from gear.
You'll get stamina from gear and enchants.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 3:05 pm

the +6 to all stats is another good tanking enchant, as it gives about 70 hp, 80mana i think, and it gives like a .20% chance to dodge.

I think the 150 hp is better than 6 stats, because its main focus is HP, whereas the 6 stats only has a minor effect on the rest of your stats.

As for the 15 defense enchant, if im not mistaken, 25 defense equals 1% to parry, block, dodge, and chance to be missed.

I just looked up the formula, and I can see how the 15 defence enchant might be better than the 150hp, since 15 defense would provide me .60% mitigation to all 4 stats.

Between 15 defence and 150 HP I think its just personal flavor.
Back to top Go down
Kamma

Kamma

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:35 pm

Most healers I know complain primarily about avoidance heavy tanks and not hp heavy tanks.
Back to top Go down
Rishana

Rishana

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 4:55 pm

Kamma wrote:
Most healers I know complain primarily about avoidance heavy tanks and not hp heavy tanks.

thats actually kind of another reason I didnt go +15 stam gem heavy in my armor. Try to keep a high avoidance with a high HP cap.

Ill be on for the rest of the evening if you want to talk to me in game, although I might be busy in TK.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin   [ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[ACCEPTED] Rishana-Prot paladin
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next